closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: PGA/European Tour 2021

PGA/European Tour 2021

Anyone else following the 2021 golf season? (If you don’t I highly recommend especially during COVID, golf is on 4 days a week, many hours a day, almost without exception xD).

I was praying for Jordan to win this past weekend, considering the struggles he’s been through. (I was there the last time he won, in 2017 at birkdale). DJ on the other hand looked invisible in Saudi.

I would love Rory to win another major this year (not keeping my hopes too high), as well as Xander to win his first. But I’d put my money on DJ/Brooks on any major at the moment.

Would love to hear your predictions. Major winners? FedEx Cup winner?

(I didn’t find a similar thread but pls forgive me if there is one!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I follow it quite regularly. Been lucky enough to have a few major winners - Brooks in all 4 of his, though I never back him out of the majors. Never regretted that decision until yesterday You should watch the Feherty interview with Brooks - very interesting in his mindset and how he comes alive in majors. He quite openly kind of boasts that he knows he’s been most of the players mentally before the start.

Right now DJ is the one to watch. Clearly the best player of the last few years but couldn’t pull off more than his sole major win. Getting his second at the Masters is a game changer. I wouldn’t bet against him getting more this year.

I’ll second Xander to hopefully win a major this year. Brooks looks to have gelled with the new Srixon very quickly and will always be a danger.

Perennially have high hopes for Rahm and he’s settling in nicely with Callaway. Hopefully he lands a big one this year also.

Another strong performance by Jordon so far... let's see if he will pull it off this week.

Pebble beach looks unreal as usual

Spieth looking very good isn’t he. Cantlay looking great as well, another who has everything to lift a major.

Quote Originally Posted by Crammage View Post
    Spieth looking very good isn’t he. Cantlay looking great as well, another who has everything to lift a major.
    Indeed, he got pretty close a couple of times... including the 2019 Masters (if not for the 2 bogeys on the 70th and 71st hole..), happy Tiger won that one though:)

Another very good week for Jordan, looks to be a matter of time before he’s in the winners circle again.

I’m not a fan of Bryson but couldn’t begrudge him that win despite having money on Westwood. Watching him dismantle the 6th was something special. Rory being Rory on a Sunday again is becoming a major issue for him.

Absolute carnage for Rory on his first 9 (+7). Monumental effort needed here to make the cut already.

Absolute carnage for Rory on his first 9 (+7). Monumental effort needed here to make the cut already.
    It's hard to watch... hopefully he's just saving up for the Masters

Ended up not even the worst round of the day so a small positive 😂

Master
    Ben An just hit an 11 on the 17th. Eek.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    +1 on the tee as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    wow... 1 short of the record on that hole! (by a pro)

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    wow... 1 short of the record on that hole! (by a pro)
    They’d not long mentioned it was unlikely to be beaten as well.

They’d not long mentioned it was unlikely to be beaten as well.
    Would've been worse if the caddy didn't bring enough balls :P although I guess they load up at Sawgrass xD

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Would've been worse if the caddy didn't bring enough balls :P although I guess they load up at Sawgrass xD
    He actually went into the drink on 18 as well and ended on a double!

Pleased to see Fitzpatrick playing well, hopefully he gets a win but the standard is absolutely ridiculous week to week.

Westwood has played superb stuff the last couple of weeks, hope he gets the job done tonight 😀

Master
    Really enjoying this and would be amazing if Lee won it.

I backed Fitz at 50/1 and JT at 20/1 at the start. Yesterday someone posted on golf betting on FB that Cameron Smith was 400/1 when he was -4 so I had £5 on him. Didn’t last long and he ended -7. Too fat back after Lee’s round but amazing odds.

Master
    Absolutely superb golf yesterday, hoping for more of the same today! Really hope Westwood can keep his head and hold on... great stuff

I’ve got money on Casey but won’t be upset if Westwood does it. Promises to be a great final day with so many within striking distance.

Found the comments about Ghim interesting. Mentioned as the most talented of that Walker Cup team which included Champ, Morikawa, Scheffler, Redman, McNealy and Zalatoris.

Jordan looking very strong again this week!