closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Everest sold out again?

Craftsman

Everest sold out again?

just popped up on site showing all Everest sold out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post
    Yep Ive just spotted that. White dial, black dial and gilt! Maybe there were only 200 in total of those (I think that was the order restriction on Eddies new software)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I ordered a black dial Everest and hope that it isn't an over order thing like before. I noticed at 14.10 the site said sold out.

Eddie mentioned some issue with the credit card system that is another factor in the order number restriction.

Nice turnover for a little business though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Yep Ive just spotted that. White dial, black dial and gilt! Maybe there were only 200 in total of those (I think that was the order restriction on Eddies new software)!

Craftsman
    Changed again, as the black dial is showing in stock but white, guilt and XP are still sold out.

Master
    There is a 40mm black dial on SC at the moment;)

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Yep I’ve just spotted that. White dial, black dial and gilt! Maybe there were only 200 in total of those (I think that was the order restriction on Eddie’s new software)!

There were 600 in total and they're all gone. Orders were set to be limited to 200 but it let 567 through before shutting down, thankfully it didn't oversell anything.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    It shows the black gilt model as being sold out but not regular Everest.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    There were 600 in total and they're all gone. Orders were set to gbe limited to 200 but it let 567 through before shutting down, thankfully it didn't oversell anything.

Eddie
    Have you the time to process all these?

Fantastic result mind

A triumph, congratulations.And i'm sure some happy buyers.

There were 600 in total and they're all gone. Orders were set to gbe limited to 200 but it let 567 through before shutting down, thankfully it didn't oversell anything.

Eddie
    Wow!! Is that 600 Everests in total (all variants combined)?

Thats amazing that they sold out so quick. Congratulations Eddie, great that your watches are getting the hype they deserve!

Apprentice
    There were 600 in total and they're all gone... thankfully it didn't oversell anything.
    This makes a first-time TF purchaser very happy. Looking forward to receiving it!

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    It shows the black gilt model as being sold out but not regular Everest.
    That's because Shopify identified one order as a high risk transaction (card registered in the US but delivery address in India) so I canelled it and it put it back into stock.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    There were 600 in total and they're all gone. Orders were set to be limited to 200 but it let 567 through before shutting down, thankfully it didn't oversell anything.

Eddie
    Will all 567 be honored or some cancelled?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Have you the time to process all these?

Fantastic result mind
    This is what worries me. I am happy to wait as long as it takes to pack and ship, as long as the credit card authorization is not a problem. Is that still a concern?

Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    Will all 567 be honored or some cancelled?

None will be cancelled.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by williemays View Post
    This is what worries me. I am happy to wait as long as it takes to pack and ship, as long as the credit card authorization is not a problem. Is that still a concern?
    It will take 4 weeks.

Eddie

Will there be more on the way Eddie? More gilt dials? I take it the commando is still available?

Craftsman
    None will be cancelled.

Eddie
    Fantastic, great to hear Eddie!

It will take 4 weeks.

Eddie
    As you'd only planned to process 200 orders but shopify let 567 through that's a very good delivery time. Its definitely appreciated that you are processing them all Eddie, thank you.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    As you'd only planned to process 200 orders but shopify let 567 through that's a very good delivery time. Its definitely appreciated that you are processing them all Eddie, thank you.
    +1 to this. The new system may not be quite as robust as yoy wanted, but you're not going to disappoint anyone. Nice one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Shopify doesnt seem to be the best of software!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Shopify doesnt seem to be the best of software!
    Agreed, especially as Eddie said it was set to stop at 200.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Shopify doesn’t seem to be the best of software!
    If I'm not mistaken the stock management was spot on this time. That is what e-commerce software is optimised for. But limiting sales? That's not a very common use case. After all, who wants to sell less instead of more?

If anything, I guess the higher availability of the new platform caused the increase of unexpected orders.

Quote Originally Posted by fogar View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the stock management was spot on this time. That is what e-commerce software is optimised for. But limiting sales? That's not a very common use case. After all, who wants to sell less instead of more?

If anything, I guess the higher availability of the new platform caused the increase of unexpected orders.
    Maybe Im mistaken but thought Eddie had set it to only allow 200 sales and assumed thats something it should have done.

567 sold in the span of what, 20 minutes? That is beyond impressive.
    Unfortunately, my name is not amongst these 567 and I hope more will be available in the future.
    Congratulations to all who managed to snag one!

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    567 sold in the span of what, 20 minutes? That is beyond impressive.
    Unfortunately, my name is not amongst these 567 and I hope more will be available in the future.
    Congratulations to all who managed to snag one!
    Im not even sure it was as long as 20 mins, felt like it was closed around 14:05, very quickly open and closed...

Apprentice
    I'm pretty sure the shop was closed at 14:02. That was crazy

Quote Originally Posted by cap_riccio View Post
    Yepp not 20 but 2 😨 madness. Ill never get one 🤷🏻*♂️

Craftsman
    Think it must be closer to 5 past as I couldn't get the cart button to function until 14:01. My order #1353 is timed at 14:02 and it appears with the gatekeeper failing to close the door at 200 again, roughly another 400 orders went though after me.
    Last edited by Ed875; 8th February 2021 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Yepp not 20 but 2 😨 madness. Ill never get one 🤷🏻*♂️
    I opened the site on my laptop at about 13:55, clicked on the Everest I wanted, and just kept pressing refresh until 'add to basket' was activated, this was about 14:01 or 14:02. My address details were automatically filled in and I paid, order mumber in the 1400's. Couldn't have done it quicker. In the past on my mobile I've always failed.

567 sales in just 2 minutes.. That's insane and very impressive!
    Last edited by senraw; 8th February 2021 at 12:20.

I still don't understand this Sunday crapshoot method of selling? Wouldn't a steady drip feed of sales across the week be preferable to 600 in one go?

I'm sure there's a logical reason that will make me slap my own face once I 'get it'.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I still don't understand this Sunday crapshoot method of selling? Wouldn't a steady drip feed of sales across the week be preferable to 600 in one go?

I'm sure there's a logical reason that will make me slap my own face once I 'get it'.
    The watches cannot be sold before they arrive and when they arrive and the shop opens this is what happens. If the shop stayed open, then more orders will come in than Mr Platts can physically pack and post.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

My two cents: limiting the stock of the hot sellers rather than the number of sales as a whole should be a lot easier to handle by the platform.

I wonder how many will end up flipped for quick profit on ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    This just prompted me to think the same thing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265045427875

Apprentice
    I hate that some people are just buying these watches to flip them and make profit, and because of them some of the people who really love the watch can't buy it for a reasonable price

Maybe Eddie should sell them on here first? And the longer you've been a member the further up the list you go :-)

Reward loyalty and all that!

Investment pieces.

I hate that some people are just buying these watches to flip them and make profit, and because of them some of the people who really love the watch can't buy it for a reasonable price
    Yes this bothers me immensely, Ive been trying for a long while to pick one up. Not to flip but because since seeing these I fell in love with the look and what Eddie has done. Yet it seems like everyone is getting one but me .. and the temptation to buy on the likes of eBay is of course there but Im just feeding the resellers then.

Yes this bothers me immensely, Ive been trying for a long while to pick one up. Not to flip but because since seeing these I fell in love with the look and what Eddie has done. Yet it seems like everyone is getting one but me .. and the temptation to buy on the likes of eBay is of course there but Im just feeding the resellers then.

Imagine how piqued long standing members feel when they can't order one. People who've had input into the detail of the watch over a period of time.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Imagine how piqued long standing members feel when they can't order one. People who've had input into the detail of the watch over a period of time.
    Flippers gonna flip (who'd have though there'd be a grey market for Time Factors?)

But what to do? Offer the first 100 to members who've been on here at least 10 years; the second 100 to members who've got 5 years' standing and the rest at +50% price to the open market?

I do feel sorry for Eddie -- victim of his own success and all that.

Presumably with the serial numbers recorded it's easy for him to see who the profiteers are, but short of going full "Rolex AD" the man just wants to sell watches with as little hassle as possible.

Apprentice
    Flippers gonna flip (who'd have though there'd be a grey market for Time Factors?)

But what to do? Offer the first 100 to members who've been on here at least 10 years; the second 100 to members who've got 5 years' standing and the rest at +50% price to the open market?

Presumably with the serial numbers recorded it's easy for him to see who the profiteers are, but short of going full "Rolex AD" the man just wants to sell watches with as little hassle as possible.
    I don't know about this. I've been looking at time factors watches for years, even reading the forum for a couple of years now, but I've just recently registered as a member, so I don't think using the membership to the forum as the only indicator would be totally fair.

Craftsman

Sounds very much like a rolex ad then.. only sell to people who meet certain criteria (ie minimum spend, long time loyal customers etc)

I don't know about this. I've been looking at time factors watches for years, even reading the forum for a couple of years now, but I've just recently registered as a member, so I don't think using the membership to the forum as the only indicator would be totally fair.
    Join Date Jan 2021
    Posts 12

Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    Sounds very much like a rolex ad then.. only sell to people who meet certain criteria (ie minimum spend, long time loyal customers etc)
    Join Date Feb 2020
    Posts 265

Join Date Jan 2021
    Posts 26

Suddenly a lot of new members have been fans for years. Who knew? ;-)

"Yeah, I saw them on their first tour, followed them around playing dingy pubs and clubs. Now I can't get a ticket for their sell-out stadium gigs unless I go to the touts and scalpers."

Umm, I didn't see you at any of those early shows.

Apprentice
    Join Date Jan 2021
    Posts 12

Join Date Feb 2020
    Posts 265

Join Date Jan 2021
    Posts 26

"Yeah, I saw them on their first tour, followed them around playing dingy pubs and clubs. Now I can't get a ticket for their sell-out stadium gigs unless I go to the touts and scalpers."

Eddie knows that I have been interested in his watches for far longer than I have been a member of the forum, since I e-mailed him multiple times in the past. Anyway, this is not a competition and I am in no way "the oldest and greatest" fan of TimeFactors. I just wanted to say that in my opinion the "join date" is not a fair indicator of who is genuinely interested in these watches.

Join Date Jan 2021
    Posts 12

Join Date Feb 2020
    Posts 265

Join Date Jan 2021
    Posts 26

Yes Ive been a fan of Eddies watches for a long while. Could never register though due to it being closed off. The past couple months after hearing he was restocking I got pretty excited so had been checking daily to see if I could register. Glad I could as I was only able to lurk before. 👀... I was well prepared for the last batch but I missed out somehow. So waiting eagerly for the next drop. Thank for having me :D

Eddie knows that I have been interested in his watches for far longer than I have been a member of the forum, since I e-mailed him multiple times in the past. Anyway, this is not a competition and I am in no way "the oldest and greatest" fan of TimeFactors. I just wanted to say that in my opinion the "join date" is not a fair indicator of who is genuinely interested in these watches.
    Yes Ive been a fan of Eddies watches for a long while. Could never register though due to it being closed off. The past couple months after hearing he was restocking I got pretty excited so had been checking daily to see if I could register. Glad I could as I was only able to lurk before. ... I was well prepared for the last batch but I missed out somehow. So waiting eagerly for the next drop. Thank for having me :D
    Sorry I'm feeling a bit grumpy. But also this:

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    @theflyingfisherman: are you a salmon, trout and grayling man by any chance?

I cant help thinking that they are under-priced as they are selling this quickly. I think another 100 on top would still see them selling.

Master
    Is there really a problem? I've bought three timeFactors watches and was able to get what I wanted each time. No matter what approach Eddie take, there will be somebody who is disappointed. Just because someone is a long term forum doesn't guarantee they are a regular TF customer. There are a number of watches flipped on eBay, but as far as I can see there isn't a huge churn. Price seems right to me and reflect the great value that comes with the watches.