closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Baby Willard 6r15 a poor winder?

Hybrid View

Agree with Paul. I’ve had a similar thing happen with a Sellita powered watch. My theory is the watch isn’t being wound as much on the wrist as usual. This will show especially if I put it on from completely stopped. I don’t usually like handwinding my autos but found it necessary on a couple of occasions during lockdown.

Banned
    Some rotors can be slightly more sticky than others and maybe your 6R15 is a bit more sticky than in your 7S watches. As has been said hand wind it to full power reserve which should be around 50 turns for the 6R15. After that wear it as normal for a few days and see how it does. It shouldn't run out of PR even after consecutive nights of leaving it off at bedtime if you have been active enough during the day.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by James_ View Post
    Some rotors can be slightly more sticky than others and maybe your 6R15 is a bit more sticky than in your 7S watches. As has been said hand wind it to full power reserve which should be around 50 turns for the 6R15. After that wear it as normal for a few days and see how it does. It shouldn't run out of PR even after consecutive nights of leaving it off at bedtime if you have been active enough during the day.
    I think it unlikely that the rotor's sticking, I`ve never seen this happen with a Seiko. Not sure about the 'consecutive nights' expectation, it depends how active he's been. Many people spend the last few hours in the evening sitting around and watching TV etc, which can equate to 4 hrs with virtually no winding.

Best way to assess self-winding efficiency is with a timegrapher, this will show how the amplitude is increasing as the watch self-winds.

One odd aspect of Seikos is the orientation of the rotor, when it's refitted it has to be set in one position relative to the crown. This is important to ensure self-winding is as efficient as it should be. It's an unusual quirk of the design.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    One odd aspect of Seikos is the orientation of the rotor, when it's refitted it has to be set in one position relative to the crown. This is important to ensure self-winding is as efficient as it should be. It's an unusual quirk of the design.
    You learn something everyday here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk