closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Hybrid View

Had my first Az yesterday lunchtime, so it is now 31 hours later.

Last night I slept terribly, cold to hot to cold and woke this morning feeling rough. I am still feeling delicate/tired but putting that down to lack of sleep.

Arm ache has gone, thankfully .

Had my second AZ jab early yesterday morning - rotten headache with mild nausea and a pretty sleepless night as a result. Feeling a lot better almost 24 hours later. I’m delighted to have been vaccinated and very grateful to the NHS.

Master
    First Pfizer jab just now, in fact sitting in the 15 min rest area. Not the seamless process I expected having been given a 10 min time slot, of which I am 30 mins after with 10 mins still to wait.

Seemed to be a little bit of a queue to get in, register, queue to then get jabbed. I have a terrific fear of needles, so the last 40 mins have been somewhat traumatic for me - let’s just say I’m dripping in sweat from it all & apparently look a pale shade lol.

Injection didn’t hurt, but clearly in my head I build these things up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having harangued my family into getting the jab, I've now been offered one.

Literally around the corner from me, and I'm strangely reluctant. I live alone, I don't see anyone other than the odd shopkeeper. Family all jabbed up.

Berate me pls.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    First Pfizer jab just now, in fact sitting in the 15 min rest area. Not the seamless process I expected having been given a 10 min time slot, of which I am 30 mins after with 10 mins still to wait.

Seemed to be a little bit of a queue to get in, register, queue to then get jabbed. I have a terrific fear of needles, so the last 40 mins have been somewhat traumatic for me - let’s just say I’m dripping in sweat from it all & apparently look a pale shade lol.

Injection didn’t hurt, but clearly in my head I build these things up!
    I am sorry to hear about your Trypanophobia. I have had some injections and cannulations in the past that have been a bit painful, but I think most people can barely feel this vaccination. I assume they use a much smaller needle than for a e.g. cannulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I am sorry to hear about your Trypanophobia. I have had some injections and cannulations in the past that have been a bit painful, but I think most people can barely feel this vaccination. I assume they use a much smaller needle than for a e.g. cannulation.
    I had the phobia from childhood to my mid twenties. I remember a time as a child it took a Dr and 2 nurses to hold me down to get a needle in me. It wasn't about the pain, i cant explain it. I used to have fillings done with no novocain as i didn't want the jab, pain of drilling was preferred to the needle for me at the time. It was peer pressure at work in my first job to go and donate blood with my colleagues that eventually got me over it. I'm totally fine with needles now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    Thanks for posting the official name for the phobia concerned. Having checked the definition I wouldn't say I have an "extreme" fear of injections but I must admit I did have a mild dread on the day of my first jab. I felt sick looking at the chair in which I was to receive my dose of AZ, when I got to the front of the queue. I had to zone out and look the other way, and I actually shook for half a minute while the adrenaline subsided as I sat waiting to drive away.

It's not rational, but even though I knew it wouldn't be painful it's the idea more than the sensation that's troubling.

I think it must be a very small bore needle indeed. I wasn't given a plaster and I didn't even notice a spot of blood afterwards.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if there are any studies or statistics for people having ‘side effects’ who were given a placebo instead of the vaccine? The mind can play terrible games with the body sometimes.
    While some undoubtedly suffer side effects, would there be a percentage that might be psychosomatic?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Given that one third of infections are asymptomatic, does anyone know if there’s any data of % asymptomatic by age range?

Had my first on Saturday 17 April and was surprised to be getting the Moderna jab, bottom line is I didn’t care what I had as long as I got the vaccine. I’m pleasantly surprised to have had nothing more than a slightly tender arm, I’ve felt worse on an annual flu jab. I’m happy as Larry.

Craftsman
    My first one was Friday morning just gone.

I'm 48, managed to get booked in hours after they opened up to my age range. Had it done at the Roche head office, which was oddly where I worked a few years back, so it was nice to go back there for it.

Really efficient process, everyone welcoming and organised. In and out , including the observation within about 35 minutes.

Had an odd taste in my mouth within a few minutes of the jab which lasted a few hours. They spells of dizziness for the rest of the day.

That aside, no other side effects. Felt happy to have the Jan and proud too, doing a collective part too

Master
    I had my first AZ jab last week. Sore arm, aches and pains and a fever for two nights. I felt worse that when I had Covid. But after day 3 I was back to normal.

Blog Entries
    I had my first jab on 17th March (as reported in this thread) and was due to have my 2nd dose on 5th June. That has unfortunately coincided with another event, so I logged onto our GP surgery's system to rebook - when I cancelled my original appt, the first available appt offered was later this morning!

So I'll be off down there in a bit - hope the after effects of the 2nd dose aren't as bad as the 1st - I felt really sh*tty for a day or so afterwards.

Anyway, can't complain :-)

Had the Moderna jab about 20 hours ago.

I guess i was lucky, i have not been affected much so far.

Bad arm.

Feel a bit odd, some fatigue and very mild fever maybe.

Blog Entries
    Just back from having my 2nd jab - got to the surgery 15mins early expecting a queue like first time, there was just an older couple, perhaps in their late 60s or early 70s, also having their 2nd jab. Two doctors administering the vaccines and that was it - otherwise deserted!

If this is an indication of how things are countrywide, then it might be worth trying to book your 2nd jab early.

Master
    I had mine yesterday & aside from a sore arm was fine. Today I’m getting the full works, hot & cold, aching all over & my calves have cramped so tight I can’t even roller them.

And the arm is still sore & heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    I had mine yesterday & aside from a sore arm was fine. Today I’m getting the full works, hot & cold, aching all over & my calves have cramped so tight I can’t even roller them.

And the arm is still sore & heavy

You don't think that might be a sign of poor circulation? I'd phone NHS or your local practice - to be on the safe side.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    You don't think that might be a sign of poor circulation? I'd phone NHS or your local practice - to be on the safe side.
    I do have stupidly tight calves on an ongoing basis, need to stretch and roll them daily, no idea why. But your comment now has me thinking.

2nd AZ jab for me at midday today. So far all fine....but I do have an urge to sit in the garden drinking beer in the sun. I blame the vaccine!

Blog Entries
    Booked in my 2nd AZ via the NHS website - picked the location and the date. Easy Squeezy. Ready for my flight to Portugal to deal with the promissory (including non-refundable deposit) on my new villa yeh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    2nd AZ jab for me at midday today. So far all fine....but I do have an urge to sit in the garden drinking beer in the sun. I blame the vaccine!
    The side effects of the 2nd jab were far less than the 1st....a sore arm basically. And a bit of tiredness that meant I missed the end of the vGTG!

1st jab today (AZ). Smooth as silk and even though I'm not a fan of needles I hardly felt it.

7 hours since the jab and I had a bit of a fever but that's it. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

If offered a jab take it guys.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Got my 2nd Pfizer Wednesday week, can't wait. No symptoms with the first, but have been told you can on the second. Paracetamol at the ready.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I had my second dose of the Pfizer yesterday. They asked if I had any sides from the first dose so I said sore arm for a few days and a mucky headache for a week. They advised I will probably get the same but a bit stronger.

Today my arm is quite painful and tender to touch, a lot worse than the first time. Head is starting to ache and I feel just drowsy. I dont know if the second dose is any stronger than the first, or may have some additions due to all the variants popping up, but 1 day later I deffo feel worse than I did after the first jab. Still glad I had it done though.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I got told to expect dose 2 to be worse with Pfizer. Felt very tired & achy after the first, so will look forward to my 2nd just before my wife’s 40th!

Blog Entries
    Booked second Pfizer jab for next Thursday. No real side effects the first time so hoping for the same. Really pleased to be getting it, I feel we are finally getting somewhere.

Just had a text from surgery to book 2nd jab (it’s already booked at a separate site through nhs) so I clicked through and am now due 2nd of June not 28th. 7 weeks gap not 12.
    Guess there will be a few of you going/gone through the same process.

Remember to cancel the other booking as there are more than one booking systems.

Had my first Pfizer jab on Saturday (35), knocked out yesterday and feel a bit slow today with a sore arm. Extremely well organised vaccination and barely any queue.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Had my first Pfizer jab on Saturday (35), knocked out yesterday and feel a bit slow today with a sore arm. Extremely well organised vaccination and barely any queue.
    Got my first yesterday afternoon, Pfizer as well. My arm feels a bit dead, but otherwise everything seems fine! I’ll take that over getting Covid again...

Master
    Had my 2nd AZ at the weekend and no side effects.

My wife managed to book today for the Pfizer jab last night. She’s 37 and it allowed her, whereas yesterday morning she couldn’t book.

Am 44 and Had my first AZ jab yesterday. After a really disturbed nights sleep (just seemed to wake up every half hour then get straight back to sleep), have had a bit of a fuzzy head all day.

Sat down to watch a film with my son this aft and almost burst into tears at least 3 times - it was Dodgeball. Not exactly a tearjerker and I’ve seen it about 5 times, but was biting my lip trying to hold it together. Thank god we didn’t put a Disney one on I’d have been in bits! Is this a known side effect or am I the only one?

Second AZ appointment is in. Will be 9 weeks between doses and good timing for going away in June fully vaccinated.

Both my 97 year old dad and myself 63 had our 2nd AZ jab this morning, so far no effects.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Had my 2nd Phizer yesterday and no after effects😁 Liz thinks I'm an alien.

Quote Originally Posted by RogDen View Post
    Both my 97 year old dad and myself 63 had our 2nd AZ jab this morning, so far no effects.

When a couple of days later still no effects not even a tender arm.

The nurse who jabbed us says she was laid up in bed for 2 days after her 2nd AZ

Just had my first AZ jab (40 yrs old). Well organised vaccine centre (Basildon, Essex) and was in and out within 15 mins. Grateful to all volunteers staff and NHS workers too.
    No real side effects other than a tender arm.

Just back from receiving my 2nd jab. I'm hoping it doesn't affect me like the 1st, which was worse than when I had Covid back in November, albeit for several days rather than several weeks. However, I believe that liberal dosing with a combination of red wine, porter and Quarter Cask Laphroaig will help counter any side effects and the application begins at 5pm.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Just back from receiving my 2nd jab. I'm hoping it doesn't affect me like the 1st, which was worse than when I had Covid back in November, albeit for several days rather than several weeks. However, I believe that liberal dosing with a combination of red wine, porter and Quarter Cask Laphroaig will help counter any side effects and the application begins at 5pm.
    Be interested to see how you get on with the 2nd one. My first (AZ) wiped me out. Anyway, good luck!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    I do love a Quarter Cask!
    Last night after feeling rubbish all day I rang work to take today off, I couldn’t be bothered to cook so ordered a Chinese banquet.
    After well over an hour it was awol so I checked just eat and realised I’d sent it to my work address. Rang my colleagues to see if it had arrived there and got treated to hilarity and loud chomping. Gits!
    Still sore all over today but feeling a bit better, brain fog seems to be receding a bit too.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Blog Entries
    2nd Pfizer jab Thursday, no side effects except arm felt bruised that night.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Be interested to see how you get on with the 2nd one. My first (AZ) wiped me out. Anyway, good luck!
    Thanks, mine were also AZ. The 1st was early morning, just like the 2nd, and I went to bed feeling OK but awoke next day feeling crap, so I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning. I've read that if you've had the virus, as I have, then the 1st jab can cause an adverse reaction, but the 2nd isn't so bad, so fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    I do love a Quarter Cask!
    Last night after feeling rubbish all day I rang work to take today off, I couldn’t be bothered to cook so ordered a Chinese banquet.
    After well over an hour it was awol so I checked just eat and realised I’d sent it to my work address. Rang my colleagues to see if it had arrived there and got treated to hilarity and loud chomping. Gits!
    Still sore all over today but feeling a bit better, brain fog seems to be receding a bit too.

Now look what you've done! I'm thinking that the herbs and spices in a steaming hot curry might be beneficial to ward off any vaccine effects. Where's that takeaway menu?
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    2nd Pfizer last Wednesday, no side effects whatsoever, save an almost unnoticible ache in upper arm, woo-hoo.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Not sure I follow the reasoning/ science! of how the powers that be have chopped/ changed the 12 weeks now to 8/9 weeks...Not looking for a row here but is nobody else observing this and thinking well they've just been making it up/ winging it somewhat, we wuz told 12 weeks was most efficacious, now it's been moved down to 8 which one actually is it, where's the data this is based upon AND that's without even getting into the potential crazy of giving the mrna's vax's 2 or 3 times further apart than manufacturers advice.

Nonetheless any Vax is better than none, get jabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Not sure I follow the reasoning/ science! of how the powers that be have chopped/ changed the 12 weeks now to 8/9 weeks...Not looking for a row here but is nobody else observing this and thinking well they've just been making it up/ winging it somewhat

Think I made the same comment. A giant experimento.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Think I made the same comment. A giant experimento.
    I guess we all are to one degree or another, though GB's certainly gone/ goes boldly where the ROW haven't, kudos for that at least. From what I've read over here the authorities were watching GB's policy as regards Ox Az as well as running their own trials and they've recently concluded it's either stick to the 12 weeks for dose 2 where possible and where not possible to give them a single dose of Pfizer. Currently it's the 60's cohort and some public sector, teachers, firefighters etc this will impact.
    I see the Yanks have determined Pfizers safe to start dosing 12/ 15 y/o's with.
    Last edited by Passenger; 19th May 2021 at 12:06.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Not sure I follow the reasoning/ science! of how the powers that be have chopped/ changed the 12 weeks now to 8/9 weeks...Not looking for a row here but is nobody else observing this and thinking well they've just been making it up/ winging it somewhat, we wuz told 12 weeks was most efficacious, now it's been moved down to 8 which one actually is it, where's the data this is based upon AND that's without even getting into the potential crazy of giving the mrna's vax's 2 or 3 times further apart than manufacturers advice.
    Well - there are a number of different criteria and desired outcomes. The vaccine interval was stretched originally because it was considered more important to allow greater numbers of people to have their first jab sooner. Not sure how many people have had their second dose brought forward, I haven't but it may be that it's a response to local conditions, or better than expected provision of supplies.

So there is no single desirable interval for all circumstances.

Interestingly it's been claimed by some that extending the interval has actually improved immunity, despite the manufacturers' advice. Doctor Chris Smith said the same thing on Monday night on 5 Live.

Had my second jab yesterday. Today I feel like I've been punched in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Had my second jab yesterday. Today I feel like I've been punched in the face.
    Which one?

Jab, I mean. :)

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Interestingly it's been claimed by some that extending the interval has actually improved immunity, despite the manufacturers' advice. Doctor Chris Smith said the same thing on Monday night on 5 Live.
    I agree with the first part of your post, which is unusual enough to be worth mentioning
    The part I quoted: AZ confirmed early on that up to 12 weeks was fine. Pfizer, on the other hand, had no data beyond 6 weeks interval and advised against it. It seems indeed now that the results are better between 9 and 11 weeks intervals.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Well - there are a number of different criteria and desired outcomes. The vaccine interval was stretched originally because it was considered more important to allow greater numbers of people to have their first jab sooner. Not sure how many people have had their second dose brought forward, I haven't but it may be that it's a response to local conditions, or better than expected provision of supplies.

So there is no single desirable interval for all circumstances.

We agree no single interval fits all vaccines but that's exactly what was originally blanket applied by Gov/JCVI, 12 weeks apart whether Ox AZ or Pfizer/ Moderna...iirc on the basis 12 weeks optimised the response to OXaz as was supported by the data but there was no data, as far as I know that this enhanced pfizer/ Moderna and when the Ceo of Pfizer was asked directly he said as a scientist going beyond 6 weeks for his product wasn't a good idea...Now as you mention it was decided more single shots widely distributed beats fewer folks fully vaxed BUT aren't the Gov/ JCVI rather undermining their own earlier argument/logic by cutting the gap to 8 weeks...surely they should be going for even more single doses/ more widely distributed, on the basis that if 1 shot gives some/ adequate protection...then widening the gap to 14 /16 weeks makes as much sense!

Surely the real world data from Israel can lay to rest what/ where the best result are to be had at least regards Pfizer, very likely othe mrna vax's...properly administered and 3 weeks after the second dose they're even reporting transmissability is cut by 90 per cent.
    Acknowldeged they've not encountered much of the Injun variant as yet.
    Why keep adding unnecessary complications/ unknowns when it's already perforce a big experimento.
    Last edited by Passenger; 19th May 2021 at 12:40.