closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 212

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

  1. #51
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    9,327
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Mats had a bears a few weeks back, nil side effects bar a dead arm
    And is still shotting in teh woods, but is arms aok.

  2. #52
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,843
    South Africa has just ordered the stopping of their AstraZeneca vaccine rollout as it appears it is almost useless against their strain of Covid. They will await Pfizer vaccines.

    This will be a huge blow for the third world which was relying on the AZ vaccine.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    38,139
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    South Africa has just ordered the stopping of their AstraZeneca vaccine rollout as it appears it is almost useless against their strain of Covid. They will await Pfizer vaccines.

    This will be a huge blow for the third world which was relying on the AZ vaccine.
    Stop gossiping Ryan - it is really unhelpful to everybody.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Stop gossiping Ryan - it is really unhelpful to everybody.
    Yes. You know better than that, plenty of detailed info out there which you have probably read already.

  5. #55
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Stop gossiping Ryan - it is really unhelpful to everybody.

    ??? I am not gossiping this is in the news including the BBC.....

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-55975052

  6. #56
    Grand Master Chris_in_the_UK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Norf Yorks
    Posts
    38,139
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    ??? I am not gossiping this is in the news including the BBC.....

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-55975052
    You are, just as much as they are.

    Being 'trigger happy' with news is a waste of peoples time and you keep doing it repeatedly which is unhelpful.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

  7. #57
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,375
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Reuters piece on this here:

    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...fa87000190d7e4

    Brief version: AZ believes that their vaccine provides less defence against mild illness caused by the SA variant, but that it "could protect against severe disease, given that the neutralising antibody activity was equivalent to that of other COVID-19 vaccines that have demonstrated protection against severe disease."

    So: a good chance that it will keep SA variant-infected people out of hospital, but not necessarily prevent them spreading the disease to others.
    Have the manufacturers of any of the other vaccines run and reported on similar trials?

  8. #58
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    19,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    ??? I am not gossiping this is in the news including the BBC.....

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-55975052

    If you read your post back to yourself youíll see that youíve put your own spin of negativity on the story.

  9. #59
    Grand Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    10,843
    Hmmm. I'm sorry but I'm not overdramatising. My mum has just had this jab. Hopefully it won't be useless as the same deletions that are in the SA variant are also seen in the Brazilian variant and the new re-mutated UK variant. Basically all mutations seem to be having this particular deletion - this is where this virus seems to be heading. So gossiping or otherwise, people need to be aware as this could be huge unless we want to keep our borders shut forever.

    Anyway take your pick. These are NOT fear mongering clickbait sites. The fact this has happened alongside the issues with this vaccine in the EU, the failure to get US approval yet, no data to show efficacy in the over 65s and not approved for this age group in several EU countries is a huge blow as the anti vaccine crowd just got ammunition. AZ have said they are working on a new jab and a booster ready end of this year- the fact they did so and released this news may be telling. Anyway probably best to move this to the BP thread but I wanted to make clear this was not gossip this is in several credible news sources.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/07/w...a-vaccine.html


    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ction-12211970

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...source=twitter


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...898_story.html



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 8th February 2021 at 00:27.

  10. #60
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Wakefield, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    19,682
    FFS Ryan calm down! Your adding 2+2 and making 22!

    This isnít encouraging news, canít deny that, but youíre painting a gloomy picture prematurely in my opinion. The reduced efficacy has to be considered in context, the evidence isnít available to allow this yet.

    Iíd hate to be sat next to you on a bumpy airline flight, you do come across as a panic-monkey.

  11. #61
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    9,327
    Anyone remember the pasta stockpiling? That wasnít stockpiling?

  12. #62
    Grand Master 100thmonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    17,248
    The news is a show that wants ratings, rating dont come from bland stories of stable news.

    Stop watching the news and reading dramatic articles because stress will get you before Covid does.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

  13. #63
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,100
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The news is a show that wants ratings, rating dont come from bland stories of stable news.

    Stop watching the news and reading dramatic articles because stress will get you before Covid does.
    Wise words.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  14. #64
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Petersfield, Hampshire
    Posts
    5,929
    And who is to say AZ isn't better against yet another variant we don't even know about yet, not to mention the original version which is presumably still doing the rounds.

  15. #65
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Expat in NW France
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate.

    Have heard that vaccinations are far slower on most of the continent.

    Hope you get fixed up soon.
    The good news is that the week after next I'll be getting pricked more often than Jordan

    1st covid jab (Pfizer) booked for the 19th, which is 2 days after my monthly Entyvio infusion. This is in addition to my blood tests on the 15th, and my daily anticoagulant jab. I was also due to have a Hep B vaccine on the 19th, but that'll have to wait - 10 pricks in a week is enough for anyone

  16. #66
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,093
    Had Pfizer #1 Friday; #2 scheduled for the 25th.

  17. #67
    Master Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Co. Durham
    Posts
    9,015
    Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    The good news is that the week after next I'll be getting pricked more often than Jordan

    1st covid jab (Pfizer) booked for the 19th, which is 2 days after my monthly Entyvio infusion. This is in addition to my blood tests on the 15th, and my daily anticoagulant jab. I was also due to have a Hep B vaccine on the 19th, but that'll have to wait - 10 pricks in a week is enough for anyone
    Stop jabbering on😂😂

  18. #68
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    14,056
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Had Pfizer #1 Friday; #2 scheduled for the 25th.
    Good news PC.

  19. #69
    Master petethegeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Worcestershire
    Posts
    2,209
    Michael Caine has had his. Not a lot of people know that. Yet.


  20. #70
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    991
    Had the Pfizer jab just over 3 weeks ago and I suppose might get the 2nd one someday if the EU plays ball. Havenít turned into a pumpkin yet..

  21. #71
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Had the Pfizer jab just over 3 weeks ago and I suppose might get the 2nd one someday if the EU plays ball. Haven’t turned into a pumpkin yet..
    You are supposed to be able to book to "get the 2nd dose 11 to 12 weeks after getting your 1st dose" on an NHS site:


  22. #72
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    14,056
    When the booster dose of Pfizer is administered correctly, so 21 days after the first, it reportedly gives 80 per cent efficacy against even the Saffer strain.

  23. #73
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,794
    Had mine yesterday way ahead of my expectations - Very good progress here in the NW. (mRNA Pfizer Vacc)

    Thanks to the med students from Liverpool Uni., The doctors and the volunteers that disinfected the seats and surrounds etc.


    Most impressed

  24. #74
    Just come back from taking my father for his, seemed a very busy place but he was in there no more than 15 mins, heís had the Astra Zeneca one and Iím relieved, hopefully my mother can get in for one next week as long as they have enough vaccines...

    Have to say well done so far with the roll out...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #75
    Grand Master learningtofly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Everywhere & nowhere, baby
    Posts
    31,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Got called in to my Dr's and had the Astra Zeneca jab on Friday evening - follow up in 12 weeks.

    Hopefully by the summer we can get back to something approaching normal as the speed of vaccinations in England seems to be going well.

    Anyone else had theirs yet?
    Good to hear it, Neil - I'm booked in for mine next Wednesday (hoping for Pfizer, but we'll see).

    Bea had quite a nasty reaction to hers, so I hope you've not suffered unduly.

  26. #76
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    25,100
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Good to hear it, Neil - I'm booked in for mine next Wednesday (hoping for Pfizer, but we'll see).

    Bea had quite a nasty reaction to hers, so I hope you've not suffered unduly.
    No ill effects thanks Tone.

    Just a bit of an aching arm for a day or so.

    Glad you are joining the club!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  27. #77
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    6,727
    Had mine this morning AZ (Shrewsbury) Had to take a few extra precautions due to Haemophiliacs best avoiding intramuscular injections.

    So took a printed leaflet which asked the person doing the injection to follow a certain procedure. Use smallest needle suitable for the job, Ice pack on injection site for 5 mins before injection and 5 mins after, then apply a firm bandage which I must keep on for 12 hours.

    I took my own ice block and bandage, and I have to say, the staff couldnít have been more helpful. Followed the leaflet instructions to the letter, and took as much care as they could..👍👍

  28. #78
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17,723
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Hmmm. I'm sorry but I'm not overdramatising. My mum has just had this jab. Hopefully it won't be useless as the same deletions that are in the SA variant are also seen in the Brazilian variant and the new re-mutated UK variant. Basically all mutations seem to be having this particular deletion - this is where this virus seems to be heading. So gossiping or otherwise, people need to be aware as this could be huge unless we want to keep our borders shut forever.

    Anyway take your pick. These are NOT fear mongering clickbait sites. The fact this has happened alongside the issues with this vaccine in the EU, the failure to get US approval yet, no data to show efficacy in the over 65s and not approved for this age group in several EU countries is a huge blow as the anti vaccine crowd just got ammunition. AZ have said they are working on a new jab and a booster ready end of this year- the fact they did so and released this news may be telling. Anyway probably best to move this to the BP thread but I wanted to make clear this was not gossip this is in several credible news sources.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/07/w...a-vaccine.html


    https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ction-12211970

    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...source=twitter


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...898_story.html



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Have a day off for gods sake. Mostly they are talking about it not preventing milder symptoms but still effective against severe reactions.
    ďThe more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.Ē

  29. #79
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    3,142
    Mrs N'wheelie had the call on Thursday, nice receptionist asked if anyone else in the household, so wife & I getting the jab on Tuesday.
    Very happy indeed.


    Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

  30. #80
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    201
    Got the call. Getting ours on Wednesday

  31. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Got the call. Getting ours on Wednesday
    Are ADs doing covid jabs now?

  32. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Are ADs doing covid jabs now?
    They keep the paperwork for a year though.

  33. #83
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Posts
    715
    Had the Pfizer last friday (12/02). Arm a bit sore but nothing unbearable, in fact if you dont think about it you dont notice it. However had the headache from hell last two days and a bit bunged up. Now I had covid back in August and it feels similar. No date for the second jab as of yet, was told my Dr will be in touch nearer the time. However my understanding is that this particular jab has to have the second dose round day 21, so Iíll start the ball rolling with my Dr next week.

    My own personal thoughts on the differing and new emerging vaccines are that they are all pretty much of a muchness, and will all offer way more protection than if you didnt have it. Regarding which is the best, who knows. I think as its a rapidly evolving disease and also vaccine, perhaps the second dose of any vaccine may contain the updated bits perhaps? You know, like updating your pc to the latest software.

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  34. #84
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    14,056
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Had the Pfizer last friday (12/02). Arm a bit sore but nothing unbearable, in fact if you dont think about it you dont notice it. However had the headache from hell last two days and a bit bunged up. Now I had covid back in August and it feels similar. No date for the second jab as of yet, was told my Dr will be in touch nearer the time. However my understanding is that this particular jab has to have the second dose round day 21, so Iíll start the ball rolling with my Dr next week.

    My own personal thoughts on the differing and new emerging vaccines are that they are all pretty much of a muchness, and will all offer way more protection than if you didnt have it. Regarding which is the best, who knows. I think as its a rapidly evolving disease and also vaccine, perhaps the second dose of any vaccine may contain the updated bits perhaps? You know, like updating your pc to the latest software.

    Stuart


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    One of the Pfizer Professors was asked last week about the decision to wait 12 weeks for Jab 2, the booster, he was unequivocal that as a scientist to wait 4, 5, maybe even 6 weeks might still be OK, BUT that 12 weeks was too late... Fwiw My folks had their first Pfizer shots about 4 weeks ago and I'm urging them to chase up their 2nd doses sooner than 12 weeks to maximise the benefits, protection, I doubt they will being of a particular generation, but I think they're mad not to be their own advocates and push or speak up for the best outcome for themselves, their situation... being early 80's, Mom with Alzheimers and other issues.
    Good luck.

  35. #85
    Master IAmATeaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    NW London
    Posts
    4,433
    Wife and daughter had their first AZ shots yesterday as part of group 6, both have a headache from hell and a temperature.

  36. #86
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    991
    I had my 1st Pfizer Jan.16 and if Iíve heard nothing by beginning of April Iíll start moaning.

  37. #87
    Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    3,142
    Wife & I had our Pfizer jabs this morning, didn't feel a thing.


    Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

  38. #88
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Bridgnorth Shropshire
    Posts
    340
    I had a text from my GP surgery last Thursday inviting me to phone.
    Got in touch immediately and secured an appointment for the AZ jab for Saturday.

    It was at a local school about 300 yards away.

    Very efficiently run.
    No pain from the injection these days.
    Elected my right arm being left handed.

    No second appointment offered.

    No side effects that day. No arm pain at all.
    Mild headache the following afternoon.

    Still had a mild headache the following day, so took two paracetamol. Headache gone in a few hours and not returned.

  39. #89
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,375
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Reuters piece on this here:

    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...fa87000190d7e4

    Brief version: AZ believes that their vaccine provides less defence against mild illness caused by the SA variant, but that it "could protect against severe disease, given that the neutralising antibody activity was equivalent to that of other COVID-19 vaccines that have demonstrated protection against severe disease."

    So: a good chance that it will keep SA variant-infected people out of hospital, but not necessarily prevent them spreading the disease to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Have the manufacturers of any of the other vaccines run and reported on similar trials?
    They have now.

    Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have reduced effectiveness against South African variant:

    The two coronavirus vaccines developed by Pfizer and Moderna appear to be highly effective against the more transmissible variant of the virus first detected in Britain, according to new reports in the New England Journal of Medicine, in a potential boost to vaccination efforts around the globe.

    The vaccines, however, showed a decreased ability to neutralize the strain now dominant in South Africa, worrying some researchers and prompting Pfizer to announce it was taking necessary steps to develop a booster shot or updated vaccine.

    The new findings add to wider concerns about the South Africa variant, which recently showed significant resistance to the vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University in a small-scale trial. Those results spurred South Africaís government to scrap the vaccine in favor of the single-dose shot produced by Johnson & Johnson.

  40. #90
    Master Maysie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Middle of Nowhere (UK)
    Posts
    1,709
    Just spotted this on BBC news and it made me smile:

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56111209

    "It really made me rethink what I was going to do for pancake night."

  41. #91
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Expat in NW France
    Posts
    3,192
    I've just returned from gods waiting room..............I felt like a total fraud as I was at least 20 years younger than all the other attendee's.

    My 2nd jab (pfizer) will be done in 4 weeks time.

  42. #92
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    UK, Maldives, Singapore
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    I've just returned from gods waiting room..............I felt like a total fraud as I was at least 20 years younger than all the other attendee's.

    My 2nd jab (pfizer) will be done in 4 weeks time.
    Millennials are in the waiting rooms now so don't worry too much


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  43. #93
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    878
    I got my 2nd Pfizer dose on Wednesday. I was totally fine after the first, minor arm ache for <24 hours but floored by the 2nd dose for 24 hours Bad flu like symptoms, muscle aches, headaches etc. starting to feel a bit better now, well enough for a glass of wine which is my barometer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  44. #94
    Master vRSG60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Barrowford - Lancashire
    Posts
    2,862

    Had my Covid jab on Friday.

    AZ for me last Sunday, didnít feel a thing. Fine afterwards.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  45. #95
    Master Rinaldo1711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    7,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo1711 View Post
    Got my jab yesterday: AstraZeneca. Feel non specific lousy today but very pleased and grateful to have got it.

    Just to add that within 24 hours I was right as rain.

  46. #96
    We had our first Pfizer shot on Wednesday and had a sore arm for about 36 hours.
    Our second shot booked for 11 weeks time.

  47. #97
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17,723
    Had my first Pfizer shot yesterday. No reaction at all so far.
    ďThe more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.Ē

  48. #98
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    4,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    I got my 2nd Pfizer dose on Wednesday. I was totally fine after the first, minor arm ache for <24 hours but floored by the 2nd dose for 24 hours Bad flu like symptoms, muscle aches, headaches etc. starting to feel a bit better now, well enough for a glass of wine which is my barometer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ah yes ! the lateral flow bible juice man flu recovery test - well tried and tested since neanderthal times.




    B

  49. #99
    I get mine on Wednesday. No idea which one it is but I'm going straight to work afterwards so I hope all goes OK.
    The only reason I'm not having the day off is it's a fairly new job so don't want to look like I'm taking the mick.

    Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

  50. #100
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    17,723
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I get mine on Wednesday. No idea which one it is but I'm going straight to work afterwards so I hope all goes OK.
    The only reason I'm not having the day off is it's a fairly new job so don't want to look like I'm taking the mick.

    Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app
    No worries, it's only the Microsoft update via 5g that is a bit iffy!
    ďThe more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.Ē

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information