closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    I’m 64 and I declined the vaccine even though the doctor strongly recommended I needed it?
    Your choice Mick but I am not sure that is a good decision (particularly at 64). I am sure you have your reasons, unsure what you are reading or who you are engaging with - but if your doctor strongly recommended it then it's for good reason.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    But they were offered the choice and told there´d be plenty by Hancock himself, want to bet there´ll be quite a lot of refusniks especially among the most at risk groups, not a few of those who´re already lets say suspicious of the authorities, sometimes with good reason.

Bad communications, practice, to overpromise then underdeliver.
    Unless the guy has underlying issues, I would suspect he is over 30 years of age. I had mine today and I’m 51 in June. My wife is 38 and she has hers next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Unless the guy has underlying issues, I would suspect he is over 30 years of age. I had mine today and I’m 51 in June. My wife is 38 and she has hers next Tuesday.
    You could be right, I was admittedly assuming on the strength of Mr Smiths reference to more risk of being stabbed along with the other factors. Not to say over 30' s don't also fall victim.

Craftsman
    I had a bit of a fever after the AZ vaccine, but a couple of paracetamol sorted me out. They really do work!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Currently there is no choice - take the one offered or refuse.
    He obviously refused and was definitely under 30.
    I would imagine he would have to wait for his preferred option.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I had a bit of a fever after the AZ vaccine, but a couple of paracetamol sorted me out. They really do work!
    I think it is common advice - to start a 24hr course of paracetamol the day you get the AZ.

First dose - I woke up at 1am shaking like hell and cold. An hour later, back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    He obviously refused and was definitely under 30.
    I would imagine he would have to wait for his preferred option.
    I guess so - family friend is a volunteer at one of our vaccine centres - they have only seen AZ so far and currently are unable to offer a choice.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Not quite. There is an ever stronger evidential link between AZ vaccines and a rare type of thrombosis which has led to at least 19 deaths in the UK. Of course with 20m AZ vaccines administered your chances are still 1 in a million but I'd say these deaths are significant to those affected, particularly as they largely occur in a younger cohort that is less at risk of a severe case of Covid.

The benefits still outweigh the risks significantly of course but there is some incorrect info being peddled such as the female contraceptive pill gives you a higher chance of blood clots. Whilst that is true the types of clots associated with the contraceptive pill have a <1% fatality rate whereas the thrombosis associated with AZ vaccine has a >20% fatality risk.

Still shouldn't stop anyone over 30 getting their AZ vaccine and the younger group can get Moderna/Pfizer etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...card-reporting
    I thought 20% of the 19 who had the clot died - not 19 dead (may have it wrong ?)

Is it really as much 19 deaths associated with the AZ in the U.K. alone?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I thought 20% of the 19 who had the clot died - not 19 dead (may have it wrong ?)

Is it really as much 19 deaths associated with the AZ in the U.K. alone?
    Correct 19 dead. I think 80 cases in total

Master
    Well thankfully it is now the following day after my jab and other than a slight ache where the injection was, I’m fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    Well thankfully it is now the following day after my jab and other than a slight ache where the injection was, I’m fine.
    That's good news. Don't overdo it thought, there are people here who pushed themselves a little too hard the next day and regretted it. Enjoy your day!
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Given the low number that have had a stroke following the AZ jab, I find it a little disturbing that I know of two people who have had a stroke after having the jab. Given we have a 70m plus population, that is either a massive coincidence that I know two of the 90 or they are not telling the truth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Correct 19 dead. I think 80 cases in total
    Oh blimey…

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Given the low number that have had a stroke following the AZ jab, I find it a little disturbing that I know of two people who have had a stroke after having the jab. Given we have a 70m plus population, that is either a massive coincidence that I know two of the 90 or they are not telling the truth.
    Were they ok?

One mild and will likely make a recovery and the other was in his 80’s and paralysed down one side.

- - - Updated - - -

One mild and will likely make a recovery and the other was in his 80’s and paralysed down one side.
    The mild one was a healthy woman of 43.

Had my second jab last night.

Nothing to report apart from a slightly sore arm the first time round but this time I have woken up with a very sore painful arm and also feeling under the weather.

No guitar playing for me today.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    That's good news. Don't overdo it thought, there are people here who pushed themselves a little too hard the next day and regretted it. Enjoy your day!
    I’ve delivered about 150 parcels today and now I’m off out for a five mile walk with my boy and my dog, so hopefully I’m not going to regret it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56672504

Taking that into account the guy, Mr Smith happened to overhear, IF he is under 30 then presumably was within his rights IF the Health Sec is to be taken at face value, just saying and not wishing to get ´political´.
    Yes, and no doubt he will be offered one of the other vaccines as an alternative. Just not necessarily on the same day he was already booked to have the AZ.

Master
    My wife had a drink with a friend last night who works in clinical trials at our local hospital. All of said friend's colleagues have had both jabs apart from one who refused them. Guess which one of the team is currently hospitalised with Covid with all the others fine?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Your choice Mick but I am not sure that is a good decision (particularly at 64). I am sure you have your reasons, unsure what you are reading or who you are engaging with - but if your doctor strongly recommended it then it's for good reason.
    Wow, just wow. Mad by name and nature. I got the text today & booked in for Sunday. Don’t care what I get, as the risks are low.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Wow, just wow. Mad by name and nature. I got the text today & booked in for Sunday. Don’t care what I get, as the risks are low.
    Well you know what they say, strong in arm...

And new study out today from 500k in each cohort that you are 8 times more likely to suffer a clotting event from covid than you are from vaccination.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    My wife had a drink with a friend last night who works in clinical trials at our local hospital. All of said friend's colleagues have had both jabs apart from one who refused them. Guess which one of the team is currently hospitalised with Covid with all the others fine?
    Overall risks of suffering a thrombosis if you're admitted to hospital in the UK with Covid is (relying on memory) around 23%. Granted by no means all of those are nasty ones, but that risk dwarfs the thrombotic risks associated with AZ or J&J/Jansson.

Risk of hospital admission in the UK if you catch Covid in your 60s (from one big study I recall from last year) was around 12%.

As our American friends say, do the math.

Had my first jab today. I'm 49, so was surprised to be able to book one so quickly after they opened it up to my age-group.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Had mine tonight - Oxford AZ. I'm awaiting the illness through the night.

YorkshireMadMick is reminding me of this Harry Enfield character -

I like what I say and I say t’what I bluuuudy well like!

Mick, it’s likely this novel corona virus and its mutations are not going to be eradicated so it’s probably just a question of when you come across it, not if. All the time you are getting older and less capable of fighting it unassisted.

I respect your decision not to be vaccinated but can’t begin to understand the reasoning.

Given the %ages and chances involved for your age group Mick I personally think you bought the wrong lottery ticket. As lockdown ends I think you will need to exercise incredible diligence to avoid getting it as others won’t be as careful once they have been double jabbed. Hope your decision has no bad outcome for you.

Master
    I'm not against the vaccines at all but at the same time I don't believe they're telling the truth about adverse reactions.

This from a friend this morning who is trying to decide what to do:

"So far my tally is

1 mate was “sick as a dog” after his Jab

1 friends aunt is now in hospital after Jab 2, brain scans EEg and heart problems. Suddenly could not Walk.

1 friend who was a sceptic but “did his research” is “really not well” 7 days after his jab. Works from home. Sees no one now can’t get to see a Gp

3 other friends who were “very ill” after jab 1 but so far seem better

1 friend who’s perfectly healthy colleague 58, dropped dead a week or so after Jab1. Friend is a total Vax zealot and will not entertain even the possibility it could be related."

Said friend is a bit worried about it overall...

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    I'm not against the vaccines at all but at the same time I don't believe they're telling the truth about adverse reactions.

This from a friend this morning who is trying to decide what to do:

"So far my tally is

1 mate was “sick as a dog” after his Jab

1 friends aunt is now in hospital after Jab 2, brain scans EEg and heart problems. Suddenly could not Walk.

1 friend who was a sceptic but “did his research” is “really not well” 7 days after his jab. Works from home. Sees no one now can’t get to see a Gp

3 other friends who were “very ill” after jab 1 but so far seem better

1 friend who’s perfectly healthy colleague 58, dropped dead a week or so after Jab1. Friend is a total Vax zealot and will not entertain even the possibility it could be related."

Said friend is a bit worried about it overall...
    I'd still get it done. Everyone I know has just had mild effects for a day or so. The risks far outweigh the chance of death from Covid.
    It's your choice at the end of the day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    I'd still get it done. Everyone I know has just had mild effects for a day or so. The risks far outweigh the chance of death from Covid.
    It's your choice at the end of the day.
    I'm not saying don't get it, I was just replying that I don't believe adverse reaction numbers are as low as stated.

I do think that if they try to push mass vaccination in the 20's age group then I'd ponder the motives.

Master
    That's only clots.

Quote Originally Posted by 33JS View Post
    That's only clots.
    It was also listing your chances of dying by other circumstances not just clots.

Had my second one today. Called 8 weeks on from my first. AZ and all fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Had my first jab today. I'm 49, so was surprised to be able to book one so quickly after they opened it up to my age-group.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Had mine tonight - Oxford AZ. I'm awaiting the illness through the night.
    I had a very poor night of sleep and am definitely a bit under the weather today. Of the 10 or so people I know who have had the jab, every one has said they had about 24 hours of feeling crappy to some extent and then have been fine.
    Dave E

Master
    It was also listing your chances of dying by other circumstances not just clots.
    Yes, sorry, it does. It also says that for younger people the risk vs reward is still not quite clear cut.

I slept well but have flu like symptoms today and very achy legs.

I had a very poor night of sleep and am definitely a bit under the weather today. Of the 10 or so people I know who have had the jab, every one has said they had about 24 hours of feeling crappy to some extent and then have been fine.

Blog Entries
    My mate had 7 pints after his jab…. Had a hangover this morning !

Master
    My mate had 7 pints after his jab…. Had a hangover this morning !
    Much more fun than paracetamol.

I have one acquaintance who had 5 days of feeling rough after hers with 2 days off work (and she's no whinger), while everyone else has either had nothing at all, or 36-48h of some combination of tiredness, shivery, muscle ache and feeling 'rough', mostly resolved by paracetamol.

The one bloke who was suffering shivers, fever and abdominal pain at day 6 turned out to have gallstones blocking his gallbladder!

The Zoe app is a good, independent way of monitoring vaccine side effects, and they've currently got over 1m jabbed people recruited, with low levels of 'systemic' side effects (lower overall if you havn't had Covid beforehand): https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/vacci...eady-had-covid

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Much more fun than paracetamol.

I have one acquaintance who had 5 days of feeling rough after hers with 2 days off work (and she's no whinger), while everyone else has either had nothing at all, or 36-48h of some combination of tiredness, shivery, muscle ache and feeling 'rough', mostly resolved by paracetamol.

The one bloke who was suffering shivers, fever and abdominal pain at day 6 turned out to have gallstones blocking his gallbladder!

The Zoe app is a good, independent way of monitoring vaccine side effects, and they've currently got over 1m jabbed people recruited, with low levels of 'systemic' side effects (lower overall if you havn't had Covid beforehand): https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/vacci...eady-had-covid

That’s interesting…. You’re significantly more likely to get side effects if you’ve had it…. I keep hearing it and mentioned it earlier in thread (just couldn’t see any evidence on a quick google)

Blog Entries
    There's a patient (under 60 y/o) in a Dutch hospital who was caught by Covid after he'd refused the AZ vaccination. Why refused? Because there's a lot of 'noise' when it comes to thrombosis under 60 yes/no. One moment the government says 'yes', the other moment it's 'no'. The hospital has written and open letter asking, no... begging, to restart the AZ vaccination for people under 60 y/o. The patient agreed that the hospital used pics of his lungs to demonstrate how worse his case is.

The Dutch government is making a total mess of the whole vaccination operation and is not willing to listen to advice. One example: the complete vaccination program is run by the National Institute for Public Health. No-one there has any logistic experience! As a result, vaccin doses are held up in a warehouse, or have to be thrown away. On the other side: vaccination centers are empty: people don't receive a notification that they're expected to appear for their shot. It sounds like a bad movie, for some it is.

Craftsman
    Had the AZ a couple of weeks ago, stiff shoulders and neck for 24 hours. Raging thirst for the rest of the day of the jag. Right as rain the following day.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    There's a patient (under 60 y/o) in a Dutch hospital who was caught by Covid after he'd refused the AZ vaccination. Why refused? Because there's a lot of 'noise' when it comes to thrombosis under 60 yes/no. One moment the government says 'yes', the other moment it's 'no'. The hospital has written and open letter asking, no... begging, to restart the AZ vaccination for people under 60 y/o. The patient agreed that the hospital used pics of his lungs to demonstrate how worse his case is.

The Dutch government is making a total mess of the whole vaccination operation and is not willing to listen to advice. One example: the complete vaccination program is run by the National Institute for Public Health. No-one there has any logistic experience! As a result, vaccin doses are held up in a warehouse, or have to be thrown away. On the other side: vaccination centers are empty: people don't receive a notification that they're expected to appear for their shot. It sounds like a bad movie, for some it is.
    Yes, I've got a French friend who's saying much the same (although it sounds like some parts of France are a lot better than others).

Here in the UK there's a stark difference in the performance of the 'Track and Trace' and the Vaccination initiatives :

The former was peddled off to centralised commercial-sector government cronies who'd never tracked or traced anything, while the local public sector public health departments (who've been tracking and tracing dozens of outbreaks for 20 years - swine flu, salmonella etc etc), were left in the cold with nothing to do. Needless to say central government have spent over 20 billion ukquid on it so far, and system performance is still borderline hopeless.

In contrast, although the vaccination programme in the UK throughout from science to jabbing was largely planned by a group of entrepreneurs, the right entrepreneurs were chosen. They consulted the right people across academia and the private and public sectors: consequently they invested right from the beginning and took educated risks on several vaccine pipelines, and they went for experience and reliability in implementation - ie they gave the actual immunisation role to those who do it all the time (the NHS, both centrally and General Practices), and they put logistics in the hands those who do that all the time - the military.

Surprise, surprise, if you plan right the way from beginning to end and give important jobs to people who are experienced and good at doing similar jobs, regardless of private or public status, it just works. On the other hand, if you're ideologically prejudiced to think the private sector's always better, sometimes you'll get it catastrophically wrong.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Yes, I've got a French friend who's saying much the same (although it sounds like some parts of France are a lot better than others).

Here in the UK there's a stark difference in the performance of the 'Track and Trace' and the Vaccination initiatives :

The former was peddled off to centralised commercial-sector government cronies who'd never tracked or traced anything, while the local public sector public health departments (who've been tracking and tracing dozens of outbreaks for 20 years - swine flu, salmonella etc etc), were left in the cold with nothing to do. Needless to say central government have spent over 20 billion ukquid on it so far, and system performance is still borderline hopeless.

In contrast, although the vaccination programme in the UK throughout from science to jabbing was largely planned by a group of entrepreneurs, the right entrepreneurs were chosen. They consulted the right people across academia and the private and public sectors: consequently they invested right from the beginning and took educated risks on several vaccine pipelines, and they went for experience and reliability in implementation - ie they gave the actual immunisation role to those who do it all the time (the NHS, both centrally and General Practices), and they put logistics in the hands those who do that all the time - the military.

Surprise, surprise, if you plan right the way from beginning to end and give important jobs to people who are experienced and good at doing similar jobs, regardless of private or public status, it just works. On the other hand, if you're ideologically prejudiced to think the private sector's always better, sometimes you'll get it catastrophically wrong.
    I think you’re probably hitting the nail on the head here…. Interesting summary

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    YorkshireMadMick is reminding me of this Harry Enfield character -

I like what I say and I say t’what I bluuuudy well like!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Well you know what they say, strong in arm...

And new study out today from 500k in each cohort that you are 8 times more likely to suffer a clotting event from covid than you are from vaccination.
    You don’t know me?. But I am from Yorkshire.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

And to follow on, I went to bed early the day following, had a good night of sleep and feel back to normal today. In fact, just been out for a run and it was fine.
    Dave E

I had a terrible nights sleep and felt shocking this morning. I had two paracetamol at 8am then went to watch my daughter play football and I feel great now.

I think you’re probably hitting the nail on the head here…. Interesting summary
    Sadly it seems boris and cronies want to make money from this crisis.
    There are now 8 separate enquiries into corruption in the current government the highest on record.

Not only are this current crop of MPs are sleazy they are too incompetent to keep it under wraps.

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Sadly it seems boris and cronies want to make money from this crisis.
    There are now 8 separate enquiries into corruption in the current government the highest on record.

Not only are this current crop of MPs are sleazy they are too incompetent to keep it under wraps.
    Can you keep your politics out of the G&D please and join the Bear Pit.

Had my first Az yesterday lunchtime, so it is now 31 hours later.

Last night I slept terribly, cold to hot to cold and woke this morning feeling rough. I am still feeling delicate/tired but putting that down to lack of sleep.

Arm ache has gone, thankfully .