closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

After my AZ jab 2 weeks ago I had the tiniest of fevers and my arm ached a little bit. I'm kind of worried my lack of side effects indicates the vaccine isn't so effective for me. My missus on the other hand was laid low by it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    After my AZ jab 2 weeks ago I had the tiniest of fevers and my arm ached a little bit. I'm kind of worried my lack of side effects indicates the vaccine isn't so effective for me. My missus on the other hand was laid low by it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Hadn't heard that the level of side effects were a measure of efficacy.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by RogDen View Post
    Both my 97 year old dad and myself 63 had our 2nd AZ jab this morning, so far no effects.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    When a couple of days later still no effects not even a tender arm.

The nurse who jabbed us says she was laid up in bed for 2 days after her 2nd AZ

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Hadn't heard that the level of side effects were a measure of efficacy.
    It isn’t (unless I’ve missed some recent peer-reviewed evidence that says otherwise!)
    Last edited by Kirk280; 9th May 2021 at 19:03.

Master
    Seems like the vaccines can have similar widely varying effects than the bug itself ie. you just can’t tell what the impact will be on the individual....

Master
    I had my first AZ jab last week. Sore arm, aches and pains and a fever for two nights. I felt worse that when I had Covid. But after day 3 I was back to normal.

Blog Entries
    I had my first jab on 17th March (as reported in this thread) and was due to have my 2nd dose on 5th June. That has unfortunately coincided with another event, so I logged onto our GP surgery's system to rebook - when I cancelled my original appt, the first available appt offered was later this morning!

So I'll be off down there in a bit - hope the after effects of the 2nd dose aren't as bad as the 1st - I felt really sh*tty for a day or so afterwards.

Anyway, can't complain :-)

Had the Moderna jab about 20 hours ago.

I guess i was lucky, i have not been affected much so far.

Bad arm.

Feel a bit odd, some fatigue and very mild fever maybe.

Blog Entries
    Just back from having my 2nd jab - got to the surgery 15mins early expecting a queue like first time, there was just an older couple, perhaps in their late 60s or early 70s, also having their 2nd jab. Two doctors administering the vaccines and that was it - otherwise deserted!

If this is an indication of how things are countrywide, then it might be worth trying to book your 2nd jab early.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Just back from having my 2nd jab - got to the surgery 15mins early expecting a queue like first time, there was just an older couple, perhaps in their late 60s or early 70s, also having their 2nd jab. Two doctors administering the vaccines and that was it - otherwise deserted!

If this is an indication of how things are countrywide, then it might be worth trying to book your 2nd jab early.
    I had no queue at all either. From what i hear massive amounts of people in their 30`s are not showing up.

Blog Entries
    Had my 2nd Jab yesterday. Very quite in the local surgery. Only one doctor present. No queue except there was a mix up with the doctors reception queue and the vaccine queue (where there was none). 2 people waiting when I left.

all very painless. No reaction - not even a sore arm. AZ again for me.

I asked if my medical records would get updated online? Yes - but could be a considerable delay as it goes to central records and then local. Advice was to keep the piece of hand written card safe - as that is the only record I can show of vaccination (at the moment).
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    I had no queue at all either. From what i hear massive amounts of people in their 30`s are not showing up.
    Probably because you have to be over 40 to get the jab at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Had my 2nd Jab yesterday. Very quite in the local surgery. Only one doctor present. No queue except there was a mix up with the doctors reception queue and the vaccine queue (where there was none). 2 people waiting when I left.

all very painless. No reaction - not even a sore arm. AZ again for me.

I asked if my medical records would get updated online? Yes - but could be a considerable delay as it goes to central records and then local. Advice was to keep the piece of hand written card safe - as that is the only record I can show of vaccination (at the moment).
    The "evidence" of vaccination will be made available from Monday 17th in the NHS app we are now told. Download the app and register (if you haven't already), and we should be able to use this as proof of vaccination. This means nobody has to contact their GP for this information (vested interest.....)

Blog Entries
    ^^^This is what It was told too, yesterday when I had my 2nd jab. "Download and install the NHS app (not the NHS track and trace app btw) and it will be your proof. The piece of "paper" or card they give you is useless."

I downloaded the app and it already shows my first jab dose on March 17th but won't update with the 2nd dose till the 17th May.

No after effects either from the 2nd jab - my arm doesn't even hurt this time round.

So all good, so far...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Nope. My wife who is 38 had her first vaccine a few weeks ago. No medical conditions, she’s as fit as a fiddle.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
    Depends where you are.
    For starters i am under 40 and even my nephew who is 27 has had a letter now.
    Neither of us have health conditions and are not NHS workers or anything like that.
    Im in Wales

Craftsman
    Had my 2nd jab, Pfizer, yesterday in one of the large vaccination centres. Excellent organisation as was the first one. In and out in 20mins including the 15 minute sit down.
    Glad to report no side effects except for a (very) mildly sore injection site. I had no side effects after the 1st jab either.

Well done to all involved in this operation.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Had my 2nd jab, Pfizer, yesterday in one of the large vaccination centres. Excellent organisation as was the first one. In and out in 20mins including the 15 minute sit down.
    Glad to report no side effects except for a (very) mildly sore injection site. I had no side effects after the 1st jab either.

Well done to all involved in this operation.

Jake
    Are you under 40, Jake?

I heard they’re jabbing youngsters with non AZ vaccines due to slight increase in risk for the under 40’s.

I’d prefer the Pfizer, given a choice, but am nearer 50.

Craftsman
    Wish I was - closer to mid sixties

My 2 kids plus son-in-law all were 1st jagged early last week (SSE Arena) - all got the AZ - and 2 days later the announcement of AZ not being recommended to under 40s!

Thankfully other than 1 day of a bad hangover they're feeling all ok.

I had both of my jabs in Portadown Leisure Centre.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Are you under 40, Jake?

I heard they’re jabbing youngsters with non AZ vaccines due to slight increase in risk for the under 40’s.

I’d prefer the Pfizer, given a choice, but am nearer 50.
    Last edited by Jake; 12th May 2021 at 11:12.

Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    The "evidence" of vaccination will be made available from Monday 17th in the NHS app we are now told. Download the app and register (if you haven't already), and we should be able to use this as proof of vaccination. This means nobody has to contact their GP for this information (vested interest.....)
    Vaccines that you've had are now shown in the NHS app, mine was there as soon as I set it up today.

Master
    Had my 2nd AZ yesterday. As I expected no ill effects to date based on having had Covid very mildly at Xmas and nothing from jab 1. Just a slight ache feeling in my upper arm depending how I orientate it.

I am getting mine done tomorrow first thing!
    Rather glad it is my turn now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wigdog View Post
    Yes. got the NHS App (not to be confused with the NHS COVID app) - all registered and my records are available. Got the wife to do that as well and she has the same. Ta.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Not booked mine yet. Have had two letters and four texts mind in the last couple of weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    ^^^This is what It was told too, yesterday when I had my 2nd jab. "Download and install the NHS app (not the NHS track and trace app btw) and it will be your proof. The piece of "paper" or card they give you is useless."
    In case this helps anyone else, it seems this NHS App is for England Only at the moment.

I just installed the NHS App, went through the entire login process, but it will not work as my GP is located just over the border in Wales (even though I live in England).

Just had a text from surgery to book 2nd jab (it’s already booked at a separate site through nhs) so I clicked through and am now due 2nd of June not 28th. 7 weeks gap not 12.
    Guess there will be a few of you going/gone through the same process.

Remember to cancel the other booking as there are more than one booking systems.

Had my first Pfizer jab on Saturday (35), knocked out yesterday and feel a bit slow today with a sore arm. Extremely well organised vaccination and barely any queue.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Had my first Pfizer jab on Saturday (35), knocked out yesterday and feel a bit slow today with a sore arm. Extremely well organised vaccination and barely any queue.
    Got my first yesterday afternoon, Pfizer as well. My arm feels a bit dead, but otherwise everything seems fine! I’ll take that over getting Covid again...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Had my 2nd AZ at the weekend and no side effects.

My wife managed to book today for the Pfizer jab last night. She’s 37 and it allowed her, whereas yesterday morning she couldn’t book.

I actually tried to book my jab at the weekend but can’t do any of the times offered at any of the locations because of work.

Seems a bit convoluted to me. If I could get it done at my local GP it would be perfect but I’m only being offered pharmacies in different postcode areas??? That’s going to put plenty of people off.

I’ll try again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    I actually tried to book my jab at the weekend but can’t do any of the times offered at any of the locations because of work.

Seems a bit convoluted to me. If I could get it done at my local GP it would be perfect but I’m only being offered pharmacies in different postcode areas??? That’s going to put plenty of people off.

Same as me, only place I could find is a 45 minute drive up the motorway at a rugby stadium? Called my GP’s they said they are overwhelmed with the backlog of 2nd jabs for the over 60’s so no slots for us younger lot. When I asked if a slot would ever become available she said she doubted it? So it’s a 45 minute drive then

Journeyman
    I had my first jab today (36) was given Pfizer, I booked it last night and was jabbed this morning, the whole process was very slick and impressive.

Had my second jab on Saturday. In and out in 10 minutes.

Same as the first one no side effects except for a slightly sore are for a day or so.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Well I had my second this morning (AZ), and I have been dizzy throughout the day, with no appetite. Slightly better now but off to bed soon.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Well I had my second this morning (AZ), and I have been dizzy throughout the day, with no appetite. Slightly better now but off to bed soon.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow. How was your first jab?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I had my second AZ this afternoon and feeling very tired now. The day after my first one I felt fine, but the next two days weren't too good at all: tired and achy.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeG View Post
    I had my first jab today (36) was given Pfizer, I booked it last night and was jabbed this morning, the whole process was very slick and impressive.
    Where in London are you?

Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Hope you feel better tomorrow. How was your first jab?
    Thank you. The first one was fine, I felt a bit tired mid afternoon but still a normal working day. Today I drove back home ( having waited the recommended 15 minutes in the car) with no ill effect and straight to work, for an hour at the most.
    Then off to bed for the rest of the day, with a couple of miso soups around lunch time and mid afternoon.
    A light dinner tonight but I feel significantly better.

Master
    Had AZ number 2 last Tuesday, no side effects at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post

I tried about 20 times over the course of a few days to book mine, but nearest vaccination centre I was ever offered was 60+ miles away. Day or 2 later I was contacted by my local GP surgery and offered a slot there, 2 mins up the road - Id think they will be in touch shortly if you don’t manage to get booked up on the nhs site

Just booked my 2nd jab - 3 weeks earlier than the original 12 week period.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Not sure I follow the reasoning/ science! of how the powers that be have chopped/ changed the 12 weeks now to 8/9 weeks...Not looking for a row here but is nobody else observing this and thinking well they've just been making it up/ winging it somewhat, we wuz told 12 weeks was most efficacious, now it's been moved down to 8 which one actually is it, where's the data this is based upon AND that's without even getting into the potential crazy of giving the mrna's vax's 2 or 3 times further apart than manufacturers advice.

Nonetheless any Vax is better than none, get jabbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Not sure I follow the reasoning/ science! of how the powers that be have chopped/ changed the 12 weeks now to 8/9 weeks...Not looking for a row here but is nobody else observing this and thinking well they've just been making it up/ winging it somewhat

Think I made the same comment. A giant experimento.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    Think I made the same comment. A giant experimento.
    I guess we all are to one degree or another, though GB's certainly gone/ goes boldly where the ROW haven't, kudos for that at least. From what I've read over here the authorities were watching GB's policy as regards Ox Az as well as running their own trials and they've recently concluded it's either stick to the 12 weeks for dose 2 where possible and where not possible to give them a single dose of Pfizer. Currently it's the 60's cohort and some public sector, teachers, firefighters etc this will impact.
    I see the Yanks have determined Pfizers safe to start dosing 12/ 15 y/o's with.
    Last edited by Passenger; 19th May 2021 at 12:06.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Not sure I follow the reasoning/ science! of how the powers that be have chopped/ changed the 12 weeks now to 8/9 weeks...Not looking for a row here but is nobody else observing this and thinking well they've just been making it up/ winging it somewhat, we wuz told 12 weeks was most efficacious, now it's been moved down to 8 which one actually is it, where's the data this is based upon AND that's without even getting into the potential crazy of giving the mrna's vax's 2 or 3 times further apart than manufacturers advice.
    Well - there are a number of different criteria and desired outcomes. The vaccine interval was stretched originally because it was considered more important to allow greater numbers of people to have their first jab sooner. Not sure how many people have had their second dose brought forward, I haven't but it may be that it's a response to local conditions, or better than expected provision of supplies.

So there is no single desirable interval for all circumstances.

Interestingly it's been claimed by some that extending the interval has actually improved immunity, despite the manufacturers' advice. Doctor Chris Smith said the same thing on Monday night on 5 Live.

Had my second jab yesterday. Today I feel like I've been punched in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Interestingly it's been claimed by some that extending the interval has actually improved immunity, despite the manufacturers' advice. Doctor Chris Smith said the same thing on Monday night on 5 Live.
    I agree with the first part of your post, which is unusual enough to be worth mentioning
    The part I quoted: AZ confirmed early on that up to 12 weeks was fine. Pfizer, on the other hand, had no data beyond 6 weeks interval and advised against it. It seems indeed now that the results are better between 9 and 11 weeks intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    Had my second jab yesterday. Today I feel like I've been punched in the face.
    Which one?

Jab, I mean. :)

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Well - there are a number of different criteria and desired outcomes. The vaccine interval was stretched originally because it was considered more important to allow greater numbers of people to have their first jab sooner. Not sure how many people have had their second dose brought forward, I haven't but it may be that it's a response to local conditions, or better than expected provision of supplies.

So there is no single desirable interval for all circumstances.

We agree no single interval fits all vaccines but that's exactly what was originally blanket applied by Gov/JCVI, 12 weeks apart whether Ox AZ or Pfizer/ Moderna...iirc on the basis 12 weeks optimised the response to OXaz as was supported by the data but there was no data, as far as I know that this enhanced pfizer/ Moderna and when the Ceo of Pfizer was asked directly he said as a scientist going beyond 6 weeks for his product wasn't a good idea...Now as you mention it was decided more single shots widely distributed beats fewer folks fully vaxed BUT aren't the Gov/ JCVI rather undermining their own earlier argument/logic by cutting the gap to 8 weeks...surely they should be going for even more single doses/ more widely distributed, on the basis that if 1 shot gives some/ adequate protection...then widening the gap to 14 /16 weeks makes as much sense!

Surely the real world data from Israel can lay to rest what/ where the best result are to be had at least regards Pfizer, very likely othe mrna vax's...properly administered and 3 weeks after the second dose they're even reporting transmissability is cut by 90 per cent.
    Acknowldeged they've not encountered much of the Injun variant as yet.
    Why keep adding unnecessary complications/ unknowns when it's already perforce a big experimento.
    Last edited by Passenger; 19th May 2021 at 12:40.

I had my second jab on Monday, exactly two months after the first one. I didn't book the second one online where the location was different - I waited for another text message from my medical centre and this brought forward the date by about 3 weeks.

I felt a bit shivery Monday evening and didn't get a great sleep. Yesterday I was a bit tired and not 100% and fell asleep before 9pm. Today I feel much better - just the shoulder paining like I've been rabbit punched!