closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    These walk in centres with no checks needed - how’s this going to work when it comes to 2nd doses. What’s to stop idiots coming back for a top up tomorrow? Sounds like a panic measure to me.
    I would imagine they will be asked for proof of the first virus?

Given they will have given their details prior to the first jab this would also be recorded by the centre.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Grand Master
    I had both Pzizer earlier this year and have tested positive for Covid this week so don’t assume the jabs a safety net.

I’m one of many. Runny nose and headache. Easy to pass off as hay fever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    These walk in centres with no checks needed - how’s this going to work when it comes to 2nd doses. What’s to stop idiots coming back for a top up tomorrow? Sounds like a panic measure to me.
    I would very much expect that anyone attending these will be asked all the appropriate questions before being vaccinated. I think that's due diligence. There's no legislating for stupidity.

Master
    Asked and checked against the database before being allowed in. I’ve been queuing since 8.30 as a walk in & still not jabbed.

Same mess as my first jab, whereas my wife experienced a well oiled machine at the same place for her first.

Can think of nicer places to spend my Sunday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Asked and checked against the database before being allowed in. I’ve been queuing since 8.30 as a walk in & still not jabbed.

Same mess as my first jab, whereas my wife experienced a well oiled machine at the same place for her first.

What do you expect? If hundreds of people turn up for a walk-in there's bound to be waiting around.

Spent far longer waiting in A&E or in hospital departments even with an appointment.

Master
    Had my second Pfizer jab on Thursday. Same as the first one, just a sore arm, nothing more.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    I had both Pzizer earlier this year and have tested positive for Covid this week so don’t assume the jabs a safety net.

I thought that was the idea of the jabs though, not to stop you catching it altogether but to lessen the severity of it if you catch it meaning less chance of needed hospital treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

Don't be so ungrateful.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I thought that was the idea of the jabs though, not to stop you catching it altogether but to lessen the severity of it if you catch it meaning less chance of needed hospital treatment.
    That’s right but many think once they have had the jab they are bombproof and it’ll
    All go away.

RIAC

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    What do you expect? If hundreds of people turn up for a walk-in there's bound to be waiting around.

Spent far longer waiting in A&E or in hospital departments even with an appointment.
    An entire brigade of Argentinian polo players were ahead, so was down to 6 jabs an hour due to the translations required, so despite there only being 20 people ahead as it opened, nothing was moving with any great speed. Once they were cleared it picked up pace.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Don't be so ungrateful.
    Don’t be so condescending.

Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

But as you say even in the trials efficacy was around 90%. That is full protection there is still a risk. It isn’t a guarantee! Hence, why social distancing and mask wearing are still useful until numbers come up to above 70-80% vaccination of adults

Very unlucky but it sounds like the vaccines are still helping and potential stopping the illness from being worse than it could have been.

Good luck and get well soon
    Last edited by paw3001; 27th June 2021 at 11:43.

If anyone watched the Andrew Marr show this morning he was talking about having Covid quite bad last week despite having had both jabs.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    If anyone watched the Andrew Marr show this morning he was talking about having Covid quite bad last week despite having had both jabs.
    Yes I saw that, surprised he wasn't isolating and off TV for more than 1 week.

61 year old cancer survivor, stroke survivor, gets a disease that's killed millions of people, but only has cold-like symptoms and is back at work a week later rather then being in hospital on a ventilator.

No, he's not unlucky. Not unlucky in the slightest, this is exactly what the vaccines are supposed to achieve.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    I had my second moderna jab yesterday and I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus today. I’ve only just woken up after a terrible nights sleep.

I felt absolutely fine after the first one, so this took me by surprise!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I had my second moderna jab yesterday and I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus today. I’ve only just woken up after a terrible nights sleep.

Hope you feel better soon. There's a lot of variability, but overall the reactions to second mRNA vaccine doses (Pfizer and Moderna) are worse than to the first, while the reverese is true for AZ (e.g. from Zoe app data).

There remains a slight concern that third & subsequent doses of mRNA vaccines may lead to progressively worse reactions, but it looks like we'll find out one way or the other this autumn...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Hope you feel better soon. There's a lot of variability, but overall the reactions to second mRNA vaccine doses (Pfizer and Moderna) are worse than to the first, while the reverese is true for AZ (e.g. from Zoe app data).

There remains a slight concern that third & subsequent doses of mRNA vaccines may lead to progressively worse reactions, but it looks like we'll find out one way or the other this autumn...
    Thanks Mark… let’s hope your final paragraph doesn’t come to pass!

Grand Master
    Side effects seem to affect people differently. After the second dose of Pfizer I felt OK till I set off on a brisk walk with Mrs W, after 10 minutes I felt like I`d been walking for several hrs, just felt tired, and that's most unlike me. Had I not gone for the walk I would've claimed no side effects at all but that clearly wasn`t the case.

It'll be interesting to see how folks react to booster jabs.

Master
    My colleague who has been double jabbed for some time has just caught and really isn’t well. Not good news for anyone.

I had minimal/no reactions with either of my AZ jabs. Hopefully that isn't an indicator that they were ineffective.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post

Same here! Had my second jab last night around 6 pm and was ok till about 4 pm today. Then I hit a wall … and now I’m just crawling around the house. The first one was easier. Wasn’t expecting this either.

Journeyman
    Same here too with second moderna.. first fine but this time fever for over 24hrs and day three before feeling back to normal!

Second AZ a couple weeks ago, absolutely SFA not even a sore arm.

Master
    We had second AZ three weeks ago. Youngest now off school as one in class tested positive. Now today she’s tested positive with lateral flow, had a PCR this afternoon, awaiting results.

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post

Had COVID earlier this year, had second Pfizer Friday, head, neck and shoulders feel like I’ve had serious whiplash. Extremely tired.

Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    I’m 64 and I declined the vaccine even though the doctor strongly recommended I needed it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    If you don’t want to to risk death by covid/long covid/complications from covid (lung scarring/heart issues etc) then yes it’s needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Well you know what they say, strong in arm...

And new study out today from 500k in each cohort that you are 8 times more likely to suffer a clotting event from covid than you are from vaccination.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Had COVID earlier this year, had second Pfizer Friday, head, neck and shoulders feel like I’ve had serious whiplash. Extremely tired.
    That’s because you’re not fit.

I’m 63, still get to the gym frequently and manage to run a few miles, eat a questionable diet and probably drink more than I should. I had very mild reactions to both original vaccinations (pfizer) and absolutely no reaction to a pfizer booster last week. Also had a flu jab and that didn’t affect me.

Clearly, my fitness regime has prevailed, it’s obvious! Exercise hard, and drink more whisky........what other conclusion can I reach?

I had my booster on Monday so hopefully that will help me through the Winter.

Craftsman
    Pfizer booster yesterday after previous AZ.
    Arm ache this morning and nose full of snot, but all in all not bad.

Flu jab on Friday in left arm. Covid booster jab on Saturday in right arm. No after effects except slightly localised sore arms.

previously had 2 pfzer shots and got no side effects at all, yesterday i got the moderna booster and have felt bloody awful all night (shaking / freezing and bad headache as well a a dead arm)

Master
    The wife and I had a Pfizer booster in one arm and flu jab in the other 10 days ago on the Sat. Both of us had a day of Pfizer arm ache on the Sunday more so than on the Sat. Nothing from the flu one. I had really bad indigestion all day on Sunday (or was it my son's cooking the night before?) the wife just felt tired. Both arm aches and anything else was gone by Monday. I had nothing from the initial AZ ones nor when I had Covid prior to any jabs.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    previously had 2 pfzer shots and got no side effects at all, yesterday i got the moderna booster and have felt bloody awful all night (shaking / freezing and bad headache as well a a dead arm)
    Heard that a lot from the Moderna, lots of my friends have had symptoms similar to yours.

Got Pfizer on my first two and everything was perfect, waiting for the booster shot, even if it's Moderna it'll be worth it.

Got a note to self isolate because someone close to me is positive. Strange because I have been insanely busy working from home and have gone nowhere for days. How can I possibly be tagged?
    But like a good boy I’ve done a lateral flow and also a drive through PCR test but I am finding myself questioning the flagging system now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos.Trejo View Post
    Heard that a lot from the Moderna, lots of my friends have had symptoms similar to yours.

Got Pfizer on my first two and everything was perfect, waiting for the booster shot, even if it's Moderna it'll be worth it.
    I had my booster a few weeks ago they asked what I'd had previously Pfizer which I confirmed by showing them the card I had been given on the first injection and I was given Pfizer again. No problems here.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Master

I’m Interested in these side effects. Performing simple searches brings up the anti-vac nonsense not objective experience.

I had AZ for first two and then Pfizer for the booster. I’ve had two weeks of discomfort in my arm, spasms and weakness in my arm, pains, pins and needles. Asked a doctor yesterday if I should still be experiencing this and the advice is it should go within four weeks !
    Last edited by joe narvey; 30th November 2021 at 14:43.

Had the AZ jab back in June and just got a text to book my booster - Going next Thursday morning.

I had a sore arm the day after my first jab, but nothing after the second, so will be interesting to see a) what vaccine I get and b) if I get any side effects.

My wife counts as a health worker, so had hers a few weeks ago, with no real issues.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    That’s because you’re not fit.

I’m 63, still get to the gym frequently and manage to run a few miles, eat a questionable diet and probably drink more than I should. I had very mild reactions to both original vaccinations (pfizer) and absolutely no reaction to a pfizer booster last week. Also had a flu jab and that didn’t affect me.

Clearly, my fitness regime has prevailed, it’s obvious! Exercise hard, and drink more whisky........what other conclusion can I reach?
    Absolute rubbish. I had a bad reaction to the second and third dose and I run three times a week, lift twice a week, yoga 3 times a week and still roll jiu jitsu.
    Last edited by Rodder; 30th November 2021 at 15:17.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos.Trejo View Post

Funnily enough my third was Moderna, wiped me out

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Absolute rubbish. I had a bad reaction to the second and third dose and I run three times a week, lift twice a week, yoga 3 times a week and still roll jiu jitsu.
    You're too fit, that's the trouble.

I don't do bugger all except take my dog for a walk and had two AZ's and a booster Pfizer with no problems.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    You're too fit, that's the trouble.

I don't do bugger all except take my dog for a walk and had two AZ's and a booster Pfizer with no problems.
    I really think it’s random. So many benefits go with daily dog walking, so don’t underestimate that.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    Funnily enough my third was Moderna, wiped me out
    Hope the Spanish health service has piety of me and gives me Pfizer... who am I kidding?, they'll give me the cheapest shite they can get away with.