closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Mats had a bears a few weeks back, nil side effects bar a dead arm
    And is still shotting in teh woods, but is arms aok.

South Africa has just ordered the stopping of their AstraZeneca vaccine rollout as it appears it is almost useless against their strain of Covid. They will await Pfizer vaccines.

This will be a huge blow for the third world which was relying on the AZ vaccine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    South Africa has just ordered the stopping of their AstraZeneca vaccine rollout as it appears it is almost useless against their strain of Covid. They will await Pfizer vaccines.

This will be a huge blow for the third world which was relying on the AZ vaccine.
    Stop gossiping Ryan - it is really unhelpful to everybody.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    Yes. You know better than that, plenty of detailed info out there which you have probably read already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post

??? I am not gossiping this is in the news including the BBC.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-55975052

You are, just as much as they are.

Being 'trigger happy' with news is a waste of peoples time and you keep doing it repeatedly which is unhelpful.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Reuters piece on this here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...fa87000190d7e4

Brief version: AZ believes that their vaccine provides less defence against mild illness caused by the SA variant, but that it "could protect against severe disease, given that the neutralising antibody activity was equivalent to that of other COVID-19 vaccines that have demonstrated protection against severe disease."

So: a good chance that it will keep SA variant-infected people out of hospital, but not necessarily prevent them spreading the disease to others.
    Have the manufacturers of any of the other vaccines run and reported on similar trials?

Grand Master

If you read your post back to yourself you’ll see that you’ve put your own spin of negativity on the story.

Hmmm. I'm sorry but I'm not overdramatising. My mum has just had this jab. Hopefully it won't be useless as the same deletions that are in the SA variant are also seen in the Brazilian variant and the new re-mutated UK variant. Basically all mutations seem to be having this particular deletion - this is where this virus seems to be heading. So gossiping or otherwise, people need to be aware as this could be huge unless we want to keep our borders shut forever.

Anyway take your pick. These are NOT fear mongering clickbait sites. The fact this has happened alongside the issues with this vaccine in the EU, the failure to get US approval yet, no data to show efficacy in the over 65s and not approved for this age group in several EU countries is a huge blow as the anti vaccine crowd just got ammunition. AZ have said they are working on a new jab and a booster ready end of this year- the fact they did so and released this news may be telling. Anyway probably best to move this to the BP thread but I wanted to make clear this was not gossip this is in several credible news sources.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/07/w...a-vaccine.html

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ction-12211970

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...source=twitter

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...898_story.html

Last edited by ryanb741; 8th February 2021 at 00:27.

Grand Master
    FFS Ryan calm down! Your adding 2+2 and making 22!

This isn’t encouraging news, can’t deny that, but you’re painting a gloomy picture prematurely in my opinion. The reduced efficacy has to be considered in context, the evidence isn’t available to allow this yet.

I’d hate to be sat next to you on a bumpy airline flight, you do come across as a panic-monkey.

Anyone remember the pasta stockpiling? That wasn’t stockpiling?

Grand Master
    The news is a show that wants ratings, rating dont come from bland stories of stable news.

Stop watching the news and reading dramatic articles because stress will get you before Covid does.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The news is a show that wants ratings, rating dont come from bland stories of stable news.

Stop watching the news and reading dramatic articles because stress will get you before Covid does.
    Wise words.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    And who is to say AZ isn't better against yet another variant we don't even know about yet, not to mention the original version which is presumably still doing the rounds.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Sorry to hear that mate.

Have heard that vaccinations are far slower on most of the continent.

Hope you get fixed up soon.
    The good news is that the week after next I'll be getting pricked more often than Jordan

1st covid jab (Pfizer) booked for the 19th, which is 2 days after my monthly Entyvio infusion. This is in addition to my blood tests on the 15th, and my daily anticoagulant jab. I was also due to have a Hep B vaccine on the 19th, but that'll have to wait - 10 pricks in a week is enough for anyone

Had Pfizer #1 Friday; #2 scheduled for the 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    The good news is that the week after next I'll be getting pricked more often than Jordan

1st covid jab (Pfizer) booked for the 19th, which is 2 days after my monthly Entyvio infusion. This is in addition to my blood tests on the 15th, and my daily anticoagulant jab. I was also due to have a Hep B vaccine on the 19th, but that'll have to wait - 10 pricks in a week is enough for anyone
    Stop jabbering on😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    Had Pfizer #1 Friday; #2 scheduled for the 25th.
    Good news PC.

Michael Caine has had his. Not a lot of people know that. Yet.

Master
    Had the Pfizer jab just over 3 weeks ago and I suppose might get the 2nd one someday if the EU plays ball. Haven’t turned into a pumpkin yet..

Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Had the Pfizer jab just over 3 weeks ago and I suppose might get the 2nd one someday if the EU plays ball. Haven’t turned into a pumpkin yet..
    You are supposed to be able to book to "get the 2nd dose 11 to 12 weeks after getting your 1st dose" on an NHS site:

When the booster dose of Pfizer is administered correctly, so 21 days after the first, it reportedly gives 80 per cent efficacy against even the Saffer strain.

Master
    Had mine yesterday way ahead of my expectations - Very good progress here in the NW. (mRNA Pfizer Vacc)

Thanks to the med students from Liverpool Uni., The doctors and the volunteers that disinfected the seats and surrounds etc.

Most impressed

Just come back from taking my father for his, seemed a very busy place but he was in there no more than 15 mins, he’s had the Astra Zeneca one and I’m relieved, hopefully my mother can get in for one next week as long as they have enough vaccines...

Have to say well done so far with the roll out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Got called in to my Dr's and had the Astra Zeneca jab on Friday evening - follow up in 12 weeks.

Hopefully by the summer we can get back to something approaching normal as the speed of vaccinations in England seems to be going well.

Anyone else had theirs yet?
    Good to hear it, Neil - I'm booked in for mine next Wednesday (hoping for Pfizer, but we'll see).

Bea had quite a nasty reaction to hers, so I hope you've not suffered unduly.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Good to hear it, Neil - I'm booked in for mine next Wednesday (hoping for Pfizer, but we'll see).

Bea had quite a nasty reaction to hers, so I hope you've not suffered unduly.
    No ill effects thanks Tone.

Just a bit of an aching arm for a day or so.

Glad you are joining the club!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Had mine this morning AZ (Shrewsbury) Had to take a few extra precautions due to Haemophiliacs best avoiding intramuscular injections.

So took a printed leaflet which asked the person doing the injection to follow a certain procedure. Use smallest needle suitable for the job, Ice pack on injection site for 5 mins before injection and 5 mins after, then apply a firm bandage which I must keep on for 12 hours.

I took my own ice block and bandage, and I have to say, the staff couldn’t have been more helpful. Followed the leaflet instructions to the letter, and took as much care as they could..👍👍

Blog Entries
    Hmmm. I'm sorry but I'm not overdramatising. My mum has just had this jab. Hopefully it won't be useless as the same deletions that are in the SA variant are also seen in the Brazilian variant and the new re-mutated UK variant. Basically all mutations seem to be having this particular deletion - this is where this virus seems to be heading. So gossiping or otherwise, people need to be aware as this could be huge unless we want to keep our borders shut forever.

Anyway take your pick. These are NOT fear mongering clickbait sites. The fact this has happened alongside the issues with this vaccine in the EU, the failure to get US approval yet, no data to show efficacy in the over 65s and not approved for this age group in several EU countries is a huge blow as the anti vaccine crowd just got ammunition. AZ have said they are working on a new jab and a booster ready end of this year- the fact they did so and released this news may be telling. Anyway probably best to move this to the BP thread but I wanted to make clear this was not gossip this is in several credible news sources.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/07/w...a-vaccine.html

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...ction-12211970

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...source=twitter

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...898_story.html

Have a day off for gods sake. Mostly they are talking about it not preventing milder symptoms but still effective against severe reactions.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Mrs N'wheelie had the call on Thursday, nice receptionist asked if anyone else in the household, so wife & I getting the jab on Tuesday.
    Very happy indeed.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Got the call. Getting ours on Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Got the call. Getting ours on Wednesday
    Are ADs doing covid jabs now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Are ADs doing covid jabs now?
    They keep the paperwork for a year though.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Had the Pfizer last friday (12/02). Arm a bit sore but nothing unbearable, in fact if you dont think about it you dont notice it. However had the headache from hell last two days and a bit bunged up. Now I had covid back in August and it feels similar. No date for the second jab as of yet, was told my Dr will be in touch nearer the time. However my understanding is that this particular jab has to have the second dose round day 21, so I’ll start the ball rolling with my Dr next week.

My own personal thoughts on the differing and new emerging vaccines are that they are all pretty much of a muchness, and will all offer way more protection than if you didnt have it. Regarding which is the best, who knows. I think as its a rapidly evolving disease and also vaccine, perhaps the second dose of any vaccine may contain the updated bits perhaps? You know, like updating your pc to the latest software.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Had the Pfizer last friday (12/02). Arm a bit sore but nothing unbearable, in fact if you dont think about it you dont notice it. However had the headache from hell last two days and a bit bunged up. Now I had covid back in August and it feels similar. No date for the second jab as of yet, was told my Dr will be in touch nearer the time. However my understanding is that this particular jab has to have the second dose round day 21, so I’ll start the ball rolling with my Dr next week.

My own personal thoughts on the differing and new emerging vaccines are that they are all pretty much of a muchness, and will all offer way more protection than if you didnt have it. Regarding which is the best, who knows. I think as its a rapidly evolving disease and also vaccine, perhaps the second dose of any vaccine may contain the updated bits perhaps? You know, like updating your pc to the latest software.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    One of the Pfizer Professors was asked last week about the decision to wait 12 weeks for Jab 2, the booster, he was unequivocal that as a scientist to wait 4, 5, maybe even 6 weeks might still be OK, BUT that 12 weeks was too late... Fwiw My folks had their first Pfizer shots about 4 weeks ago and I'm urging them to chase up their 2nd doses sooner than 12 weeks to maximise the benefits, protection, I doubt they will being of a particular generation, but I think they're mad not to be their own advocates and push or speak up for the best outcome for themselves, their situation... being early 80's, Mom with Alzheimers and other issues.
    Good luck.

Wife and daughter had their first AZ shots yesterday as part of group 6, both have a headache from hell and a temperature.

Master
    I had my 1st Pfizer Jan.16 and if I’ve heard nothing by beginning of April I’ll start moaning.

Master
    Wife & I had our Pfizer jabs this morning, didn't feel a thing.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I had a text from my GP surgery last Thursday inviting me to phone.
    Got in touch immediately and secured an appointment for the AZ jab for Saturday.

It was at a local school about 300 yards away.

Very efficiently run.
    No pain from the injection these days.
    Elected my right arm being left handed.

No second appointment offered.

No side effects that day. No arm pain at all.
    Mild headache the following afternoon.

Still had a mild headache the following day, so took two paracetamol. Headache gone in a few hours and not returned.

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Reuters piece on this here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...fa87000190d7e4

Brief version: AZ believes that their vaccine provides less defence against mild illness caused by the SA variant, but that it "could protect against severe disease, given that the neutralising antibody activity was equivalent to that of other COVID-19 vaccines that have demonstrated protection against severe disease."

So: a good chance that it will keep SA variant-infected people out of hospital, but not necessarily prevent them spreading the disease to others.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Have the manufacturers of any of the other vaccines run and reported on similar trials?
    They have now.

Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have reduced effectiveness against South African variant:

The two coronavirus vaccines developed by Pfizer and Moderna appear to be highly effective against the more transmissible variant of the virus first detected in Britain, according to new reports in the New England Journal of Medicine, in a potential boost to vaccination efforts around the globe.

The vaccines, however, showed a decreased ability to neutralize the strain now dominant in South Africa, worrying some researchers and prompting Pfizer to announce it was taking necessary steps to develop a booster shot or updated vaccine.

The new findings add to wider concerns about the South Africa variant, which recently showed significant resistance to the vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University in a small-scale trial. Those results spurred South Africa’s government to scrap the vaccine in favor of the single-dose shot produced by Johnson & Johnson.

Just spotted this on BBC news and it made me smile:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56111209

"It really made me rethink what I was going to do for pancake night."

Master
    I've just returned from gods waiting room..............I felt like a total fraud as I was at least 20 years younger than all the other attendee's.

My 2nd jab (pfizer) will be done in 4 weeks time.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    I've just returned from gods waiting room..............I felt like a total fraud as I was at least 20 years younger than all the other attendee's.

My 2nd jab (pfizer) will be done in 4 weeks time.
    Millennials are in the waiting rooms now so don't worry too much

Craftsman
    I got my 2nd Pfizer dose on Wednesday. I was totally fine after the first, minor arm ache for <24 hours but floored by the 2nd dose for 24 hours Bad flu like symptoms, muscle aches, headaches etc. starting to feel a bit better now, well enough for a glass of wine which is my barometer

Had my Covid jab on Friday.

AZ for me last Sunday, didn’t feel a thing. Fine afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinaldo1711 View Post
    Got my jab yesterday: AstraZeneca. Feel non specific lousy today but very pleased and grateful to have got it.

Just to add that within 24 hours I was right as rain.

We had our first Pfizer shot on Wednesday and had a sore arm for about 36 hours.
    Our second shot booked for 11 weeks time.

Blog Entries
    Had my first Pfizer shot yesterday. No reaction at all so far.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon76 View Post
    I got my 2nd Pfizer dose on Wednesday. I was totally fine after the first, minor arm ache for <24 hours but floored by the 2nd dose for 24 hours Bad flu like symptoms, muscle aches, headaches etc. starting to feel a bit better now, well enough for a glass of wine which is my barometer

Ah yes ! the lateral flow bible juice man flu recovery test - well tried and tested since neanderthal times.

B

I get mine on Wednesday. No idea which one it is but I'm going straight to work afterwards so I hope all goes OK.
    The only reason I'm not having the day off is it's a fairly new job so don't want to look like I'm taking the mick.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sickie View Post
    I get mine on Wednesday. No idea which one it is but I'm going straight to work afterwards so I hope all goes OK.
    The only reason I'm not having the day off is it's a fairly new job so don't want to look like I'm taking the mick.

Sent from my SM-N976B using TZ-UK mobile app
    No worries, it's only the Microsoft update via 5g that is a bit iffy!