closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Got called in to my Dr's and had the Astra Zeneca jab on Friday evening - follow up in 12 weeks.

Hopefully by the summer we can get back to something approaching normal as the speed of vaccinations in England seems to be going well.

Anyone else had theirs yet?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    Blog Entries
    Mats had a bears a few weeks back, nil side effects bar a dead arm

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Mats had a bears a few weeks back, nil side effects bar a dead arm
    Eh?

My mum had the astra Zeneca yesterday also - just hope the vaccines can handle mutations. Would be a disaster if the vaccines ended up being impotent

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    My mum had the astra Zeneca yesterday also - just hope the vaccines can handle mutations. Would be a disaster if the vaccines ended up being impotent
    I have read the Astra Zeneca can deal with the new mutations so hopefully all's well.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    Blog Entries
    I should be up in a fortnight or so. The rate they are dishing them out is a credit to all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    I should be up in a fortnight or so. The rate they are dishing them out is a credit to all concerned.
    Yes indeed.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Got called in to my Dr's and had the Astra Zeneca jab on Friday evening - follow up in 12 weeks.

Hopefully by the summer we can get back to something approaching normal as the speed of vaccinations in England seems to be going well.

Anyone else had theirs yet?
    My old man had his, same jab, on Friday. He’s had a continuously runny nose from yesterday afternoon and is starting to feel a little run down, but otherwise fine. He’s already booked in for his 2nd. Here we are sticking to the 3 to 4 weeks between the 1st and 2nd jabs.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    My old man had his, same jab, on Friday. He’s had a continuously runny nose from yesterday afternoon and is starting to feel a little run down, but otherwise fine. He’s already booked in for his 2nd. Here we are sticking to the 3 to 4 weeks between the 1st and 2nd jabs.
    Glad to hear it.

No side effects here apart from a mild arm ache.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    I've got the attestation stating that I'm high priority, but you can't get a jab on this side of the channel (NW France) for love nor money. You can't even book an appointment at the moment due to the lack of vaccines (and possibly the capacity to get the jabs administered).

Master
    Blog Entries
    Both my parents got theirs last week. I know it’s not a magic cure but the relief was immeasurable. I’m late thirties so don’t expect mine anytime soon. And I’m fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by catflem View Post
    I've got the attestation stating that I'm high priority, but you can't get a jab on this side of the channel (NW France) for love nor money. You can't even book an appointment at the moment due to the lack of vaccines (and possibly the capacity to get the jabs administered).
    Sorry to hear that mate.

Have heard that vaccinations are far slower on most of the continent.

Hope you get fixed up soon.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Blog Entries
    My moan today in the pit

“Poxy NHS
    Had my first Covid vaccination booked for 12.00 today it’s blowing a blizzard but i dig the car out i am looking like a reject from Scott’s expedition but i soldier on get to the Hospital find the unit and some tosser emerges and says we are closed
    What i say have you never heard of communications? e mail, phone or text all on my records and on my confirmation of this appointment.”

Got home and rebooked for Friday SWMBO had hers last Friday and all good so far 2nd April 23rd.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

High priority due to COPD I'm due to have my first vaccination on Friday, lots of hard working volunteers so I hear at the local surgery have also erected temporary after jab waiting room too.

Grand Master
    A couple of my old school buddies (age 63) with no health issues have had theirs already, one in Scunthorpe and one in Birmingham. A friend in her late 60s has been called locally, so I’m looking forward to getting the call myself.......... sooner the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

No side effects here apart from a mild arm ache.
    Excellent - hopefully the second will be similar and without anything adverse. Sounds like most people are absolutely fine. A work colleague that also works at the local hospital had his last week, and he had to take a day off feeling unwell and severe headaches (he’s never usually ill) - but seemed to have settled down quickly, and nothing more than those symptoms.

Ms O can call and have hers anytime, as priority one, working in the overall surgical dept at the local hospital.

I’m not sure on the rest of the roll out, and I’m probably unlikely to be offered anything in the first half of this year.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 7th February 2021 at 16:13.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    A couple of my old school buddies (age 63) with no health issues have had theirs already, one in Scunthorpe and one in Birmingham. A friend in her late 60s has been called locally, so I’m looking forward to getting the call myself.......... sooner the better!
    63 with no health issues. My mother is 75 with bad asthma and other health issues and not had it yet.

But we are in Wales so that is no shock, everything here is behind unless you happen to live in Cardiff.

Had mine 10 days ago. Very uplifting. Pfizer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had the Pfizer-BioNTech jab just over 3 weeks ago. 80 of us had an appointment at 2.30 and we were out before 3. They’d vaccinated 1200 already that day. Very slick and a credit to the NHS.

Craftsman
    I am in mid Wales and I registered on the local health board site for a short notice appointment on 3rd February, late evening I got email asking if I could go next day.

Arrived at the site 9am. Left at 11-50am with a puncture wound in my left arm. Slept most of the afternoon got up and ate food went back to sleep for a couple of hours. Arm ok but very achy body for next 24 hours.

I had the Pfizer one.

All fine now.

Regards

V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mum had hers yesterday (Astrazeneca). Incidentally whilst it protects against the initial Kent strain it provides minimal protection against the South African Strain and the new mutated-mutated British strain with a further gene deletion (although should provide some protection against severe disease). Seems Pfizer provides a bit more protection so might be an idea to get that one if there is a choice before AstraZeneca have the revised Oxford vaccine after summer to deal with the new strains.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Be interesting to see if the Pfizer 2nd doses are held up for 12 weeks or come a little quicker say 4 to 6 weeks, this is what I'm hoping for...i've noticed one or two members refer to a first jab AND seond jab dates when contacted for AZ version..my folks and an aunt and uncle got Pfzer shots 3 weeks ago next Wednesday iirc, they are waiting to be contacted re 2nd shot...has anyone else noticed or have experience of this...It sounds as if Pfizer offers a little more protection crucially against the Saffer version. Perhaps be the pragmatic policy to move forward 2nd doses especially for oldster and vulnerables ON THE pfizer regimen to gain max benefit according or getting more in line with, to the manufacturers testing data and re3ccomended schedule for maximum efficacy., be guided as it were by the science, move adroitly to outflank the invisible mugger.
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th February 2021 at 17:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Be interesting to see if the Pfizer 2nd doses are held up for 12 weeks or come a little quicker say 4 to 6 weeks, this is what I'm hoping for...i've noticed one or two members refer to a first jab AND seond jab dates when contacted for AZ version..my folks and an aunt and uncle got Pfzer shots 3 weeks ago next Wednesday iirc, they are waiting to be contacter re 2nd shot...has anyone else noticed or have experience of this...
    2nd Pfizer jab booked in at time of the first appointment round here.

Quote Originally Posted by dejjl View Post
    2nd Pfizer jab booked in at time of the first appointment round here.
    Interesting and how long until 2nd out of interest...spoke to my Dad today, they're in Lincs, and they're definitely waitying to hear regards the following shot...

Master
    Be interesting to see if the Pfizer 2nd doses are held up for 12 weeks or come a little quicker say 4 to 6 weeks, this is what I'm hoping for...i've noticed one or two members refer to a first jab AND seond jab dates when contacted for AZ version..my folks and an aunt and uncle got Pfzer shots 3 weeks ago next Wednesday iirc, they are waiting to be contacted re 2nd shot...has anyone else noticed or have experience of this...It sounds as if Pfizer offers a little more protection crucially against the Saffer version. Perhaps be the pragmatic policy to move forward 2nd doses especially for oldster and vulnerables ON THE pfizer regimen to gain max benefit according or getting more in line with, to the manufacturers testing data and re3ccomended schedule for maximum efficacy., be guided as it were by the science.
    My parents & the inlaws have all had their Pfizer jabs & none have had a date for the 2nd jab - all informed it would be 12 weeks.

Blog Entries
    Wife had the Pfizer so i presume i will have the same when i go on this Friday both of our second shots are already in the system/ calendar working at around 12 weeks between them.

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    My parents & the inlaws have all had their Pfizer jabs & none have had a date for the 2nd jab - all informed it would be 12 weeks.
    OK thanks, so all we can say is there are some discrepancies which may well be, most likely are just down to the usual patchwork quilt set u.

Any jabs has to be better than no jab though. Top work by all the folks delivering the vaccine.

AZ for me.

First night woke up around 1am shaking uncontrollably with cold. Got up for a piss, but had to put a fleece on to make it. Left the fleece on when back in bed, but woke up roasting at 4.

Back to normal now.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Wife had the Pfizer so i presume i will have the same when i go on this Friday both of our second shots are already in the system/ calendar working at around 12 weeks between them.
    Just out of curiosity has Mrs mb been fine..my folks haven't reported any even mild sypmtoms form their first shots, Pfizer...
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th February 2021 at 17:18.

Grand Master
    Having had both Pfizer Jabs and seen thousands done I wouldn’t hesitate if you are that way inclined but sadly this isn’t going away this year I’m afraid
    RIAC

I’ve just got over the virus after feeling ruff for a week or so along with my son and stepson
    I’ll still have the jab though when offered

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Having had both Pfizer Jabs and seen thousands done I wouldn’t hesitate if you are that way inclined but sadly this isn’t going away this year I’m afraid
    result but you're on the frontlines or close too them aren't you so excellent, just out of curiosity how far apart were your 2 shots...

Must be some relief knowing your folks have had it, no such luck here yet. Both fit and healthy anyway but I guess you never know how it could go.

Grand Master
    result but you're on the frontlines or close too them aren't you so excellent, just out of curiosity how far apart were your 2 shots...
    3 weeks, prior to policy change, I wouldn’t worry about the gap being 12 weeks either its fine, expect side effects if you have had Covid in last 9 months but nothing drastic.
    RIAC

Blog Entries
    Just out of curiosity has Mrs mb been fine..my folks haven't reported any even mild sypmtoms form their first shots, Pfizer...
    Apart from some discomfort in her arm for a couple of hours absolutely fine we personally do not know or have heard of anyone suffering from a really bad reaction.
    Agree with Kerry though we have a Mountain to climb both Nationally and Internationally before there is some real light at the end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Apart from some discomfort in her arm for a couple of hours absolutely fine we personally do not know or have heard of anyone suffering from a really bad reaction.
    Agree with Kerry though we have a Mountain to climb both Nationally and Internationally before there is some real light at the end of the tunnel.
    Oh without a doubt, mountains to climb, everywhere.

Can be done though.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Mum had hers yesterday (Astrazeneca). Incidentally whilst it protects against the initial Kent strain it provides minimal protection against the South African Strain and the new mutated-mutated British strain with a further gene deletion (although should provide some protection against severe disease). Seems Pfizer provides a bit more protection so might be an idea to get that one if there is a choice before AstraZeneca have the revised Oxford vaccine after summer to deal with the new strains.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Reuters piece on this here:

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-h...fa87000190d7e4

Brief version: AZ believes that their vaccine provides less defence against mild illness caused by the SA variant, but that it "could protect against severe disease, given that the neutralising antibody activity was equivalent to that of other COVID-19 vaccines that have demonstrated protection against severe disease."

So: a good chance that it will keep SA variant-infected people out of hospital, but not necessarily prevent them spreading the disease to others.

Got my jab yesterday: AstraZeneca. Feel non specific lousy today but very pleased and grateful to have got it.

Master
    Both over 80’s parents vaccinated with the Astrazeneca vaccine, five days later and no side affects.
    I live in Egham Surrey and the council is mass home testing all households to try to track the possible spread of the South African variant of Covid 19, we will get the results in 24 hours apparently!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Cheering me up reading most of these. Keep on jabbing people 😊

Master
    I volunteered for the Janssen trial a few weeks ago. It’s a blind trial so don’t know if I got the real thing or placebo (50:50 chance). I was very tired for about 12 hours but no other side effects. I have a second jab after 8 weeks, though it will probably be approved for use by then needing only a single dose.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Got my 1st on Friday because I have been volunteering as a marshal at the local vaccination hub. Felt pretty lousy the following morning with no appetite, mild headache and tiredness. Oxford. I've heard some people get no reaction at all, and also that a reaction might mean you've seen the virus in a mild form previously, without necessarily knowing it. I don't know if there's any science in that.

Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    I volunteered for the Janssen trial a few weeks ago. It’s a blind trial so don’t know if I got the real thing or placebo (50:50 chance). I was very tired for about 12 hours but no other side effects. I have a second jab after 8 weeks, though it will probably be approved for use by then needing only a single dose.

Any idea what the placebo is? I know some trials have used a meningitis vaccine.

January 11th my wife and I had the Pfizer, my wife and a few of the people including the staff who gave and received the vaccination where unwell for the next couple of days with mild covid symptom's.

Had mine on Friday, was contacted by txt 24 hours beforehand to make an appointment.
    I wasn't expecting it for a while yet, i was 63 two weeks ago and i've no underlying health issues at all and fit as a fiddle.

Had the Pfizer. Aching arm for 24 hours.

Apparently, speaking to the health workers involved the AZ vaccine seems to have more side effects on people .

No date given for the second jab.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Any idea what the placebo is? I know some trials have used a meningitis vaccine.
    I think they just use saline for the placebo

I had an unusual side-effect not reported anywhere that I have read; for about two hours after having the Pfizer jab I ran up and down my street punching the air and cheering wildly.

^^^ Top man!!!

Master
    My wife and I both had our first Pfizer jabs on Jan 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    They did promise a world leading vaccination programme and it is heartening to see it being delivered. What an amazing effort by all and my appreciation to the volunteers, staff, services & all concerned is beyond words.