closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    The whole thing was running very smoothly, very much like a military operation throughout.
    Mine was a military operation. I was sat quite happy chatting to a lovely nurse, when a fella in RAF fatigues snuck up and jabbed me in the arm

Blog Entries
    I tick all the boxes...

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    Mine was a military operation. I was sat quite happy chatting to a lovely nurse, when a fella in RAF fatigues snuck up and jabbed me in the arm
    There were RAF at mine too, but my fatigue-clad helper just gave me an 'I've been jabbed' sticker.
    I haven't had a sticker since I was about 5 years old, so I did laugh when he was walking around offering stickers to a room full of middle-aged adults!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    I tick all the boxes...

Scarily true!

I tick all the boxes...

Hope you all also remember to keep a mask on in situations where it is required, Prof. Whitty said it's for the best still because of the uncertainty regards possibilty even that vaccinated folks can transmit it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Reports are that side effects are more likely after the first AZ jab than the second but the other way around with the Pfizer jab.
    Yes, that’s also just been confirmed in the latest results from the Zoe app research group. They’ve also had no reports yet of blood clots aftr AZ (including in the 600k 2nd doses given - given the approximate rate of association, whether causal or not, that’s what one would expect, confirming it’s fantastically rare).

All this further shows the European political attitude from some quarters to be completely daft: they’re not using the vaccine in those very groups where the risk of dying or getting 20% rates of clots if you get Covid exist (ie the elderly), but they’re giving it to those where avoiding Covid is least valuable but the risk of clots from the vaccine might be slightly higher than in the old (ie the young). They talk about the ‘precautionary principle’ but they clearly don’t understand a word about it! It pains me greatly to say this...

BTW I do recommend watching John VT’s joint presentation on the Beeb around 3.15pm yesterday which is a model for how to communicate risk properly and precisely to a lay population. It contrasts starkly with the patronising and vague presentation given from 3pm by the European Medicines Agency & others.
    Last edited by drmarkf; 9th April 2021 at 14:31.

Can't speak for all Yuuurp but for what it's worth the advice just changed in Spain as regards the Vaccine that shall not be named, it's only being given to the plus 60's who presumably because of their higher risk of death from covid, lower risk of death from blood clots are the right side of the risk/ benefit equation...But I'm no expert. Younger folks, below 60's are in line for Pfizer/ moderna so I understand. I'm 49 so still waiting although this week some of our friends, likewise girris/ not Spanish, ranging for 50's to 70 were in fact called for shot 1, which is encouraging.
    Last edited by Passenger; 9th April 2021 at 14:59.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Can't speak for all Yuuurp but for what it's worth the advice just changed in Spain as regards the Vaccine that shall not be named, it's only being given to the plus 60's who presumably because of their higher risk of death from covid, lower risk of death from blood clots are the right side of the risk/ benefit equation...But I'm no expert. Younger folks, below 60's are in line for Pfizer/ moderna so I understand. I'm 49 so still waiting although this week some of our friends, likewise girris/ not Spanish, ranging for 50's to 70 were in fact called for shot 1, which is encouraging.
    Yes, that makes sense and is basically what’s being done in the U.K. It’s France and (surprisingly) Germany among those not following any sort of sensible science currently.

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    Yes, that makes sense and is basically what’s being done in the U.K. It’s France and (surprisingly) Germany among those not following any sort of sensible science currently.
    Well that's good, reassuring to hear.

Master
    Well that's good, reassuring to hear.
    ...although, as the JVT Show covered clearly yesterday, the balance of risk depends on how much Covid you're likely to meet in your country. Since most of Europe is absolutely stuffed with it, the relative risk only gets in favour of avoiding the AZ jab if you're pretty young - so that's why they chose under 30s in the UK, and you could actually make a strong case for giving it to anyone still in most European contries.

If you can maintain the overall rate of vaccination, then channelling particular jabs to particular agegroups makes more sense, but is anyone confident that European contries could agree to do that, could achieve it, and do they have enough alternative vaccines???

We seem to be doing alright here in Spain, for the present, my region Murcia seems to be holding it's own re infection, with vax's almost 6.5 per cent nationally now completely dosed, sure a couple of points behind GB. Also limiting infections through most folks still willing to following the rules. Got to allow for the fact life's sort've stll going on... Schools have been open since Xmas now, we've been allowed to eat outside Restaurants for quite a while, shops are open, Madrid notwthstanding of course. And there has been that supply issue with regards to a certain company, wrong place to go into that topic I think. Hopefully we can all get to a safe, sustainably safe 'normal' place, this year with any luck.

Master
    We seem to be doing alright here in Spain, for the present, my region Murcia seems to be holding it's own re infection, with vax's almost 6.5 per cent nationally now completely dosed, sure a couple of points behind GB. Also limiting infections through most folks still willing to following the rules. Got to allow for the fact life's sort've stll going on... Schools have been open since Xmas now, we've been allowed to eat outside Restaurants for quite a while, shops are open, Madrid notwthstanding of course. And there has been that supply issue with regards to a certain company, wrong place to go into that topic I think. Hopefully we can all get to a safe, sustainably safe 'normal' place, this year with any luck.
    That is good to hear.

Blog Entries
    Checking in after 12 + 24 hrs. As promised. In short, not a single sign of an AZ vaccin related reaction. I feel absolutely fine. So I'm one of the ... [insert percentage here] without problems after being vaccinated with AZ

Had my 2nd O-AZ earlier today and unlike the first, I have no discomfort at all in the injection site, from the second one. Is the second one a smaller dose so causes less muscular disruption where the fluid is squirted ??

Had my first AZ jab about 24hrs ago. Feeling a bit ‘achy’ all over and temperature is up slightly but certainly nothing a couple of paracetamol won’t deal with.

I had to queue for around 35mins as I hit a busy time (6pm). My brother in law had his appointment 40mins after me and he walked straight in. Very slick operation all round in the SSE arena. Last time I was there was for an ice hockey game at the end of 2019. How times have changed.

Master
    Had jab at 8 this morning - nothing fallen off yet.

I tick all the boxes...

Apart from being funny - it’s perfectly true in my experience.

AZ here - wiped me out 15 hrs after having it - shivering, nuclear headache, temperature, and felt dehydrated. Heavy legged and fatigued too. Now 24 hrs later much better and just a bit jaded

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Had my 2nd O-AZ earlier today and unlike the first, I have no discomfort at all in the injection site, from the second one. Is the second one a smaller dose so causes less muscular disruption where the fluid is squirted ??
    Good question, I'd assumed they were the same but your post did make me wonder. I googled this:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...straZeneca.pdf

"The COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each".

Text revised 07/04/21.

I got very little discomfort from the injection site on the first one (not had the second yet). I would guess that there's a bit of variation in technique, perhaps some vaccinators are better at holding the syringe steady.

The whole family had the Pfizer jab first dose nearly 2 months ago, including both our teenage sons (it’s a long story, our youngest has Down’s so is vulnerable) - my eldest and I both had a mild headache for a day or so, my wife and youngest seemed completely unaffected, I have to say I don’t think a reaction to a vaccination is that unusual, I’ve had it with the flu jab a few times. Interesting to see how the next dose goes, but let’s face it, it’s well worth a couple of days feeling rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Good question, I'd assumed they were the same but your post did make me wonder. I googled this:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...straZeneca.pdf

"The COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca vaccination course consists of two separate doses of 0.5 ml each".

Text revised 07/04/21.

I got very little discomfort from the injection site on the first one (not had the second yet). I would guess that there's a bit of variation in technique, perhaps some vaccinators are better at holding the syringe steady.
    Interesting. I had thought the trials pointed to better results when the first dose was halved. Could be me imagining things!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Interesting. I had thought the trials pointed to better results when the first dose was halved. Could be me imagining things!
    It was one of AZ's misleading informations during the trials
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

My Doctor's phoned this morning to make an appointment for tomorrow for my second AZ jab at the surgery.

Had no trouble with the first and looking forward to getting the full house.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    had my 1st one last Thursday and the only side effects seem to have been some pain in the injection site and feeling quite tired over the past few days. Other than that all good. Looking forward to the 2nd one now.

Master
    2nd Pfizer one today. Arm's a bit sore but much akin to last time. Hopefully nothing else!

I’m 64 and I declined the vaccine even though the doctor strongly recommended I needed it?
    IMG_3220.JPGIMG_3221.JPG

This caught my eye IMG_3222.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    I’m 64 and I declined the vaccine even though the doctor strongly recommended I needed it?
    If you don’t want to to risk death by covid/long covid/complications from covid (lung scarring/heart issues etc) then yes it’s needed.

Master
    IMG_3220.JPGIMG_3221.JPG

More fool you.

Grand Master
    So around 40m jabs so far and nothing significant to report.

I hear and meet the ‘Im not having it because Karen on facebook told me its not safe’ brigade and the ‘well It might kill me’ (lottery win more likely) and I ask you to consider this, if you dont care if you get covid thats fine, but lets hope you dont end up in ICU because A) you might not leave there, B) if you do you wont be the same again, and C) you might be filling a bed that someone else who was sensible enough to take the precaution of a vaccine now needs as they have been in a life changing accident.

You probably put more harmful drugs in your body everyday with just the foods you eat so get a prick don’t be one
    RIAC

Master
    IMG_3220.JPGIMG_3221.JPG

I agree, After having my second jab last week on Wednesday, I am 65-70% protected but that is of no use if there are enough people who decide to decline it. We are hoping to reduce from pandemic to regular illness levels and reduce the loss of loved ones.
    The side effects are so insignificant when you think 20million plus people have have it.

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    So around 40m jabs so far and nothing significant to report.

Not quite. There is an ever stronger evidential link between AZ vaccines and a rare type of thrombosis which has led to at least 19 deaths in the UK. Of course with 20m AZ vaccines administered your chances are still 1 in a million but I'd say these deaths are significant to those affected, particularly as they largely occur in a younger cohort that is less at risk of a severe case of Covid.

The benefits still outweigh the risks significantly of course but there is some incorrect info being peddled such as the female contraceptive pill gives you a higher chance of blood clots. Whilst that is true the types of clots associated with the contraceptive pill have a <1% fatality rate whereas the thrombosis associated with AZ vaccine has a >20% fatality risk.

Still shouldn't stop anyone over 30 getting their AZ vaccine and the younger group can get Moderna/Pfizer etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...card-reporting
    Last edited by ryanb741; 13th April 2021 at 07:42.

Master
    Off for mine at midday today. I hope I’m going to fall into the % of no/little side effects because I dread telling my field manager that I won’t be doing a double round tomorrow if I feel like crap.

Master
    Been 24 hours now - only side effect is penis has swollen to twice its size.

Mrs is in for 5 inches of shock tonight.

The beauty of living in a country like this one is that it is your choice to make.
    Horologos is wrong: while he is 65%-70% protected from catching Covid, he is almost 100% protected from getting a serious form with both the wild strain and the Kent variant.

You, on the other hand, will be at the mercy of the virus. Sure, we take precautions, vaccinated or not. But the virus is still rampant, and people are still catching it. So to avoid an infinitely small risk, you are going to either isolate more than anyone else, or take a far bigger risk of catching and getting a bad version of Covid that, if it doesn't kill you, will seriously affect your remaining years.
    Last edited by Saint-Just; 13th April 2021 at 09:59.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    IMG_3220.JPGIMG_3221.JPG

It’s your choice of course. I would only suggest that if you become seriously ill with COVID, that you don’t run to the NHS for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Been 24 hours now - only side effect is penis has swollen to twice its size.

Mrs is in for 5 inches of shock tonight.
    Yes, the nurses were lovely.

IMG_3220.JPGIMG_3221.JPG

Appropriate username

Vacs available for the 45 and over via central bookings

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/corona...s-vaccination/

Master

Had my Covid jab on Friday.

I’m in the local sport centre now having just had my jab (mandatory 15 minute wait) and I was surprised to be told I’d had the Pfizer.
    Really expected to get the AZ shot.

Last edited by jaytip; 13th April 2021 at 13:27.

I had my first vaccine (Pfizer Bio NTech) in January. Had the second one last Friday. January's jab left my arm numb down to my fingertips. As the numbness subsided my arm was incredibly painful and for about three days had great difficulty moving it.

Last Fridays jab has left me feeling exhausted where I've slept an incredible amount since (usually get 5 hours a night). My arm has again been incredibly painful where I put it in a home made sling. I had to stop that as a huge lump grew in my armpit in the space of a couple of hours on Sunday. That was incredibly solid and weighty but now it's about half size and more like a balloon filled with water. On top of all that I've felt incredibly unwell and my heart was racing for a day after.

Not a pleasant experience.

Just got back from mine at St Thomas’s and a young Male came out the booth unvaccinated as it was AZ/O
    Overheard the conversation between nurses after and “evidently he’s the health expert”, this after all the risk parameters were explained.

Looking at his clothing/age/ethnicity I would say he has a greater risk of being stabbed than having a blood clot.
    I myself cycled there and back through central London...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Just got back from mine at St Thomas’s and a young Male came out the booth unvaccinated as it was AZ/O
    Overheard the conversation between nurses after and “evidently he’s the health expert”, this after all the risk parameters were explained.

Looking at his clothing/age/ethnicity I would say he has a greater risk of being stabbed than having a blood clot.
    I myself cycled there and back through central London...

If he's under 30 wouldn't he be entitled to choose Pfizer or moderna?

If he's under 30 wouldn't he be entitled to choose Pfizer or moderna?
    Currently there is no choice - take the one offered or refuse.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    But didn´t the Health Minister say folks under 30 if concerned could have one of the mrna vax´s...I thought I heard him say that...

But didn´t the Health Minister say folks under 30 if concerned could have one of the mrna vax´s...I thought I heard him say that...
    There was probably a 'where/if available' in there somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    There was probably a 'where/if available' in there somewhere....
    From the horses mouth..

´´But if you want to you can have the pfizer or moderna jab instead´´
    And
    There is "more than enough of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine" for the 8.5 million adults under 30 who are yet to be vaccinated in the UK to have two doses, he said.

Small wonder trust is an issue, anyone under 30 paying attention to the Health Sec would reasonably expect Pfizer or Moderna in the event they had any concerns or doubts...Here´s a thought what about those folks who may have a history of blood clots in their families, erring on the side of caution, would be reasonable, sensible to take a pass on Ox AZ , go for another option.

Go from about 25 seconds in...It´s clear as day he says it , no if´s and´s or but´s...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56672504

Taking that into account the guy, Mr Smith happened to overhear, IF he is under 30 then presumably was within his rights IF the Health Sec is to be taken at face value, just saying and not wishing to get ´political´.
    Last edited by Passenger; 13th April 2021 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    But they were offered the choice and told there´d be plenty by Hancock himself, want to bet there´ll be quite a lot of refusniks especially among the most at risk groups, not a few of those who´re already lets say suspicious of the authorities, sometimes with good reason.

Bad communications, practice, to overpromise then underdeliver.
    Last edited by Passenger; 13th April 2021 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve27752 View Post
    More fool you.
    Hahahaha

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-GB View Post
    I had my first vaccine (Pfizer Bio NTech) in January. Had the second one last Friday. January's jab left my arm numb down to my fingertips. As the numbness subsided my arm was incredibly painful and for about three days had great difficulty moving it.

Last Fridays jab has left me feeling exhausted where I've slept an incredible amount since (usually get 5 hours a night). My arm has again been incredibly painful where I put it in a home made sling. I had to stop that as a huge lump grew in my armpit in the space of a couple of hours on Sunday. That was incredibly solid and weighty but now it's about half size and more like a balloon filled with water. On top of all that I've felt incredibly unwell and my heart was racing for a day after.

Not a pleasant experience.
    I would definitely see your quack before you get another jab this autumn.