closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Craftsman
    Had mine Wednesday, Oxford AZ.
    Next day felt out of sorts/fatigued but that was it.
    Also had wierd dreams, which apparently is not unusual !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    What was her name?

Pfizer for me sore arm for a couple of days but good otherwise, Mrs Pfizer too felt unwell for a couple of days or that’s what she said to sit around and do nothing for a few days!!!

No.1 OxAZ Wednesday morning at The Stoop. High temperature, shivers, fatigue and nausea for about 24 hours from Wednesday evening. Nothing in comparison to the alternative, so grateful to have received it and all those involved in its development, manufacture, distribution and administering the shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Update - developed aches all over through thursday night, had trouble sleeping today (night worker me) but all eased through the sfternoon, and feel around 95 percent normal now.

Master
    Me and mrs getting ours tomorrow, feeling quite emotional about if I’m honest.

I had my first one (OxAZ) yesterday and, so far, have had no side-effects.
    If relevant, I had Covid-19 just after Xmas.

My wife had the AZ jab on Tuesday and she still isn’t well now. Within 6 hrs she had the shivers, followed by a temperature followed by a crushing headache that has hardly abated. She had the virus back in Oct-Nov and we’re wondering if that’s why she’s had such a reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    My wife had the AZ jab on Tuesday and she still isn’t well now. Within 6 hrs she had the shivers, followed by a temperature followed by a crushing headache that has hardly abated. She had the virus back in Oct-Nov and we’re wondering if that’s why she’s had such a reaction.
    Could just be a random thing, Mrs K had similar after (her 1st ever) flu jab. In bed most of the next day and took 3 days to get over it.
    Not looking forward to the Covid one!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Could be just a random thing, Mrs K was similar after flu jab (her 1st ever) - In bed most of the next day and took 3 days to get over it.
    Not looking forward to Covid one!
    There’s a report somewhere I picked up on the other night that was suggesting side effects are worse if you’ve had the virus, makes you wonder as I know a few people who’ve not had the virus but received the AZ jab and been fine. My in-laws an example, both late 70s other than a sore arm bugger all.
    As you say probably just luck of the draw but either way having the virus myself the same time as the wife I can’t say as I’m looking forward to it now.

Master
    I had the OxAZ yesterday. No effects at all so far apart from a slight arm ache. I had Covid at Xmas and that was virtually nothing too.

Just a thought, can a jab result in a lateral flow test positive. Does the test look for the infamous spike or something else?

(I know they’re not very accurate anyway.)

Master
    Just a thought, can a jab result in a lateral flow test positive. Does the test look for the infamous spike or something else?

Doubt it as the AZ leaflet says that none of the contents can cause COVID-19. It just stimulates the immune response to COVID-19

I’ve just got back from having the AZ jab. I’ll report back if I have any side effects.

Had my Covid jab on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Doubt it as the AZ leaflet says that none of the contents can cause COVID-19. It just stimulates the immune response to COVID-19
    That doesn’t rule out a positive test which could be looking for certain proteins present in the virus (that could also be in the vaccine).

Just a thought, can a jab result in a lateral flow test positive?
    No
    Does the test look for the infamous spike or something else?
    Something else.

I had my jab yesterday at noon - AstraZeneca - happy to report no side effects at all so far, and I usually do get a strong reaction to flu jabs etc, so I was braced!
    So clever my foot fell off.

Master
    Likewise, AstraZeneca today. No side effects so far.

Booked mine today.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Having had the AZ vaccine a couple of weeks ago, and having done a lateral flow test today, I can state there was no ‘false positive’ result. All nice and negative!

Craftsman
    AstraZeneca today, 2.20pm.
    All ok so far, just slight sniffles.
    Fingers crossed that's all.

Craftsman
    Duplication

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    I had the AZ at 9:10am. I’m feeling a little out of sorts, just over tired with a bit of a headache. I’ll be off to be soon with some paracetamol.

Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    It is currently impossible to draw firm, science-based conclusions on differences between the vaccines based on the trial evidence, since the trial designs were different, end-points varied etc etc. Of course that didn’t stop people doing it, including in the usual fear-mongering newspapers. We'll know much more in a few months time, and the wise are keeping shtum until then.

The decision made by South Africa to pass on the AZ vaccine is understandable since they had to make a decision on what limited evidence was available at the time, but it’s entirely possible that all available vaccines are eventually shown to be broadly similar against the SA variant, and they could be shown to be similarly quite good, or largely useless.

The just-published PHE and PHS real life assessments are the first to show some proper comparative data, and real tests of the UK’s emphasis on single doses for the maximum number of people, with 2nd doses given at 12 weeks, and the AZ vaccine in over-65s. Sorry to confound the armchair doom-merchants and President Macron, but these show the Pfizer vaccine is quite effective at preventing serious disease and reducing transmission from 3 weeks after a single dose (PHE), and both give good reduction of serious disease in the elderly (and the AZ vaccine actually gives somewhat better results than the Pfizer: PHS).

This does endorse the U.K.’s policy, which was a fair bet on scientific vaccinology grounds, but until now was direct evidence-light (and widely criticised by those with vested interests in the other direction).

(On grounds of full disclosure, I should first say that I remain an extremely harsh critic of the current administration’s appalling mismanagement of most aspects of the pandemic for 10 months until the various vaccine-related aspects, plus I’m a retired medical infectious diseases professional. Proper recognition when it’s due, though).

Finally, it’s worth mentioning that the reason going for a focus on the first dose was (probably) the best strategy is because we’d got such a huge number of cases and deaths because Johnson had delayed shutting down and opened up too early on all previous opportunities.
    My mate Jide Sobo, his Dad Mr Sobo was a senior consultant at Newcastle Hospital in the contagious & communicable disease centre, did you know him?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Had my Covid jab on Friday.

I had mine yesterday Astra Zeneca, arm hurts a bit but other than that no side effects.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Wishful thinking, I was awake most of the night feeling nauseous.
    Got out of bed at 7am with a cracking headache, and feeling like I was spaced out.
    Had a couple of paracetamol and right as rain now.
    Can't wait for them 2nd jab

Wishful thinking, I was awake most of the night feeling nauseous.
    Got out of bed at 7am with a cracking headache, and feeling like I was spaced out.
    Had a couple of paracetamol and right as rain now.
    Can't wait for them 2nd jab
    Other than an aching arm and feeling out of sorts I’ve been OK so far with the AZ jab. I’ve been taking regular paracetamol as if I had a cold.

Had my AZ jab today. All went smoothly. I’m 50. But lots of friends / family older than me havnt had the text.
    There was a girl in front of me 19 yrs old with mild asthma she said and she had the text to have it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
    I had mine yesterday Astra Zeneca, arm hurts a bit but other than that no side effects.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    just slight ache in arm from mine - otherwise no side effects. That’s nearly a week ago.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post

Similar to my Mrs, within six hours was fatigued & fever, not nice experience.
    Week later almost back to normal, she had AZ.

Craftsman
    Had the AZ jab yesterday - I'm <50 and am the youngest person i know who's had it who isn't a key worker/carer/etc. Had pretty much all the side effects listed as "very common" in the leaflet they give you, and spent most of today in bed. Wish I'd chosen a week day to have it now - missed out on a nice sunny day in the garden today and I know I'll be okay in time for work on Monday!

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by redkite View Post
    Exactly the same for me. Felt perfect fine Friday.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Got my first appointment for 27th March - I'm 58.

They're notoriously slow around here, but seem to be catching up.

A colleague who lives nearby has arranged to have theirs at Heathrow two weeks earlier, but I'm not really too bothered and the local vaccine centre is a 3-minute walk from my home, so I can wait.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Blog Entries
    Got my first jab this morning (AZ vaccin)

Vaccination scheme is a bl@@dy mess here. Level 'Backward Country'. Especially the AZ vaccin is under fire due to thrombosis. (The chance of getting thrombosis when using a birthcontrol pill is much larger...). Anyway, a lot of 63/64 y/olds are refusing the jab now. So my GP has a 'spillage list'. She phoned me last night if I was still interested! Yes! She asked me to come 30 mins before opening of her temporary vaccination center. She was looking for a volunteer to go by the 'routing' of the procedure step-by-step. Absolutely something I'm happy to do. So I sat there at 8:30AM, we got through the paperwork and around 8:45AM the doctor gave me the jab.

I feel fine. After returning home I've been busy all day with loading firewood logs on a wheelbarrow - I've picked up, moved and stored three trees that I'd cut into firewood-friendly pieces and I feel nothing (well, my back due to picking up the logs)

I'm 48 and had the AZ jab a couple of weeks ago. OK until 12 hrs after then very suddenly extreme shaking, sweats and fever. Went to bed, woke up after a decent nights sleep but wiped out for another 24 hrs. For another 2/3 days was very fatigued, sore/heavy arm and 'hungover' feeling. Couldn't have driven or gone to work. Have 2nd jab due in June, hopefully it wouldn't be as bad for the second. In a straw poll of mates similar age to me i'd say 2/3 have been fine, 1/3 ill / fatigued for days.

Having the jab was very similar to the Swine flu I had years ago. But I am grateful for the jab and know that ultimately it'll help everyone get to back to 'normal'.

Finally got mine after chasing the GP, after about 45 minutes my hands and feet felt like blocks of ice. An unpleasant evening where I felt the cold spreading to my spine. Next day I was just exhausted but felt fine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcangascompany View Post
    I'm 48 and had the AZ jab a couple of weeks ago. OK until 12 hrs after then very suddenly extreme shaking, sweats and fever. Went to bed, woke up after a decent nights sleep but wiped out for another 24 hrs. For another 2/3 days was very fatigued, sore/heavy arm and 'hungover' feeling. Couldn't have driven or gone to work. Have 2nd jab due in June, hopefully it wouldn't be as bad for the second. In a straw poll of mates similar age to me i'd say 2/3 have been fine, 1/3 ill / fatigued for days.

Having the jab was very similar to the Swine flu I had years ago. But I am grateful for the jab and know that ultimately it'll help everyone get to back to 'normal'.
    Mmmm, that 12 hr window is about the close now... Let me check in again in 24hrs!

I felt fine after the AZ jab.... for the first 12 hours.

Good luck!

Craftsman
    Same as most with the AZ jab, felt fine the same day but the one after was a crappy one. Third day felt a bit out of sorts but not too bad.
    Next time I’m going to take the day after off to chill at home rather than go to work I think.
    Does the second one have the same side effects I wonder?

Blog Entries

48 too

Was wiped out the next day

Took it upon myself to do an 11k walk to clear it out of my system! Not sure it was the best idea

Had some fever and sweats the night after I took it…

Was ok after 48 hrs

I heard it’s rougher if you’ve had it before (I had it back in March) - I think the real COVID was actually easier

So delighted to have had it though

First AZ jab on Tuesday, within 90 mins had the apparently rare reaction of hearing in one ear dropping to 50% with a bit of tinnitus which lasted a few hours then back to normal.

Also had periods of slight temp uplift to 37.2 and a very light headache on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I heard it’s rougher if you’ve had it before (I had it back in March) - I think the real COVID was actually easier
    So delighted to have had it though
    I keep hearing that, I have no idea whether i've had Covid or not - is there strong evidence to suggest this?

Reports are that side effects are more likely after the first AZ jab than the second but the other way around with the Pfizer jab.

Grand Master
    Having had regular vaccines all my adult life for Tetanus, Yellow Fever, Hep A, Hep
    B, Cholora, diptheria, Japanese Enchalitis plus god knows what before Iraq and a yearly flu jab its fairly common you’ll get a mild side effect.
    Given the choice of what is nothing worse than a bit of a hangover vs having a bad covid journey I would just roll my sleeve up and get on with it everytime. Ive probably more chance of a lottery win than a blood clot.
    RIAC

Master
    Had my 2nd Pfizer jab last week and felt a bit pissed for a few hours but that’s all. No arm pain unlike 1st jab but probably in a different position. Mrs. Slamdoor felt lousy after 1st dose AZ and isn’t looking forward to no.2.

I had my 1st OAZ about 3 weeks ago...absolutely no side effects at all, not even a sore arm. I'm 56 and was advised by a client to take Zinc and vitamin D a few days before and after, which I did. Whether this helped I really can't say, but I'll do the same in June when I have my 2nd one.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamdoor View Post
    Had my 2nd Pfizer jab last week and felt a bit pissed for a few hours but that’s all. No arm pain unlike 1st jab but probably in a different position. Mrs. Slamdoor felt lousy after 1st dose AZ and isn’t looking forward to no.2.
    I had my second Pfizer nearly 2 weeks ago. Similar experience. Arm sore for a couple of days after the first jab & felt completely normal after the second. I rode 70 miles on my bike the next day

Blog Entries
    I keep hearing that, I have no idea whether i've had Covid or not - is there strong evidence to suggest this?
    I did a bit of Googling but didn’t see anything…. But, like you, I’ve heard it a few times…. Hopefully the second jab is a bit easier?!

Had the AZ on Mon evening at the local sports stadium, very well organised i must say.
    Woke next morning feeling fine, until i lifted my arm and it felt sore. Hour later banging headache kicked in, paracetamol sorted that. Achy heaving feeilng legs for 2 days, all fine by Thurs
    Think i had Covid back in March last year

I have just got back from the vaccination centre having had the Pfizer jab.

The whole thing was running very smoothly, very much like a military operation throughout. No queues, no messing around, everyone was very pleasant and helpful.

I actually found it quite emotional seeing all of the volunteers ferrying people around the one way system, car park, rest area etc. After what we have been seeing on the news about selfish idiots over the past few months, it really does make you realise that there are some genuinely caring and lovely people out there who are trying to do their best for the greater good.

I doff my cap to them all and thank you for being more caring and selfless than I could ever be.