closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday 7th

Craftsman
    Amazing figures for 3 minutes activity and potentially double the Gilt and nearly half as many again standard Everest's could have been sold if time and stock allowed; be getting Mr. Amazon jealous. Mind I'd have thought the Commando would have seen a little more activity, but maybe for others its more marmite than I perceive it.

Craftsman
    Strange thing for someone to get worried about.

Craftsman
    Mine arrived today! Over the moon with it, fantastic quality, the value is spectacular on this, my first smiths watch and I'm sure there will be many more to come! Thanks Eddie!

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post
    Mine arrived today! Over the moon with it, fantastic quality, the value is spectacular on this, my first smiths watch and I'm sure there will be many more to come! Thanks Eddie!

Congrats... looks splendid.

Quote Originally Posted by cart3rlfc View Post

Another happy customer :-)

Enjoy this fantastic watch, my only warning, after 5 months, I’m wondering why I have any other watches. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Some quick questions re the fourth batch std. Everest;

1. Does the minute hand have a bevel like the gilt appears to?

2. Is the De Luxe wording on the dial still a smaller font than the guilt?

3. Does the backplate now say Smiths De Luxe rather than just Smiths as with previous batches?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Ed875 View Post

3. Does the backplate now say Smiths De Luxe rather than just Smiths as with previous batches?

Thanks,
    I’d like to know that too....

Thanks,

Looking at the photos so far:

1. Minute hand does have a bevel

2. De Luxe font still small

3. I don't know :)
    Last edited by fogar; 11th February 2021 at 21:55.

lol if this was Rolex, we could send it in and get "service dial" and "service hands" upgrade ;-)

Craftsman

Thanks,
    1st yes so does the hour hand i think

2nd yes the de luxe is small

3rd I'm also not sure

Craftsman
    Here is another photo of the watch, unfortunately the watches first outing was for a funeral, but it really is gorgeous and seems to fit all occasions it seems.

pending payment

I just noticed that the pending payment I saw on my bank account has been re-credited. I hope this isn't a problem and Eddie can still take payment. I had order no. 1358 so think I'm quite early on the list.

Craftsman
    I know the dust has barely settled on this order run but does anyone when the shop will be one for orders again? March? April?

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsash View Post
    I know the dust has barely settled on this order run but does anyone when the shop will be one for orders again? March? April?
    Would also like to know. Eddie says though it’ll take four weeks with the current orders so maybe early March... 🤞 here’s hoping

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGood View Post
    I just noticed that the pending payment I saw on my bank account has been re-credited. I hope this isn't a problem and Eddie can still take payment. I had order no. 1358 so think I'm quite early on the list.
    Eddie did say no orders would be cancelled but he also said something about only being able to process a certain amount of payments within a two week period so maybe it has something to do with that... at least I thought that’s what I read. Don’t quote me on it. I’m sure Eddie with sort it.

I had the same exact thing happen to my order. I’m order number 1329 black dial Everest. Hopefully my order wasn’t canceled.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Thanks,

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324483690769

This eBay listing looks to be for the new black dial Everest. The caseback was updated.

IMG_0358.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by NickN024 View Post
    I had the same exact thing happen to my order. I’m order number 1329 black dial Everest. Hopefully my order wasn’t canceled.

Me too tonight. The pending payment has disappeared.
    Update, the payment has reappeared on my account, now as payment made not pending. So looking good, fingers and toes crossed
    Last edited by Ruggertech; 13th February 2021 at 12:17.

So go to amazon and order a casio, - it is what it is, if you don't like it other options are available.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    This Shopify screenshot shows cart activity for the top 3 products. Although it says it covers 14 days, you all know I was only open for 3 minutes in the last 14 days. Of course, not everyone who had an item in their cart was able to complete the transaction. As well as the top 3, the "Baby" range and others also sold well with at least 20 people ordering 2 watches and one person ordered 4. I don't exaggerate the number of orders I receive.

Eddie
    Do you want me to screenshot this and post it over there?

Craftsman

Haven't seen any activity on my account since ordering, so who knows?

Just waiting patiently to see what happens, I'm around 160 in the queue (#1353) so not expecting anything on delivery until earl next week.

Yours will be packed this weekend for shipping on Monday.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Yours will be packed this weekend for shipping on Monday.

Eddie
    Thank you for the update! I’m glad to hear the order wasn’t canceled. I’m looking forward to getting it on the wrist!

Apprentice

this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    Strange thing for someone to get worried about.
    I thought the same - who cares what u/thegamblershand thinks about the number of orders, and why is it any of u/thegamblershand's (or any of our's) business? And more practically, why would a business owner in Eddie's position falsify a number like this? Hype doesn't support these sales, actual interest does - look at the strong secondary market for the watches. But logic doesn't always play a role in internet posts. I dismissed it as (yet another) sour grapes / butthurt thread - until he seemed to double down on calling the numbers false and questioning Eddie's honesty explicitly, which I found a step too far. Whatever you think of the watches or the purchasing process, and however much self-indulgent twaddle you want to post to watchuseek, casting casual unsupported slurs like that is offensive and juvenile, and it broke me out of my usual lurking on that forum to say so (an act itself just as useful as that OP's original post, but I couldn't resist). Meh - now I've wasted more 0s and 1s. Hopefully some day such posts go unremarked into the void - but watchuseek loves a gossipy controversy so I'm not holding my breath.

And successful order in the 1460s here - looking forward to a black-dial Everest to complement my Expedition.

Stay safe, all -

Craftsman
    I'm order 1351 if I recall... very close to yours. I ordered a Everest classic - lets see who's lands first..

Haven't seen any activity on my account since ordering, so who knows?

Just waiting patiently to see what happens, I'm around 160 in the queue (#1353) so not expecting anything on delivery until earl next week.

Journeyman
    Hi Eddie and all. 1598 checking in here. Even more excited to get mine! Waiting for shipping confirmation and can’t wait!! What would you guys think, how long before ships? I ordered classic black dial. Had not seen coverage of the Commando until recently now I want one too. We can never have too many watches right?

Thanks Eddie and everyone posting here, nice to be part of such a tight knit community. Having these open dialogues makes the watches even more special.

I'm order 1351 if I recall... very close to yours. I ordered a Everest classic - lets see who's lands first..
    This will ship on Monday.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    Do you want me to screenshot this and post it over there?
    What a good idea.

Eddie

What a good idea.

Eddie
    Done.

And done...

I’ve already admitted to making claims that were unwarranted. I’ve avoided commenting on the past few posts as to avoid bringing extra attention to the thread and have already contacted the moderators to have the thread removed. My apologies to Eddie/timefactors for the initial post. What’s done is unfortunately done now and hopefully the moderators will remove the thread.

I’d suggest others stop posting on here if they’d rather bring less attention to this matter."
    I think we better leave that thread behind.

Craftsman
    This will ship on Monday.

Eddie
    Hopefully mine too then

Master
    Err, if the first order starts with a 6 and the last order ends with a 2 then the total number of orders ends with a 7.

So that should be 567, not 566, Eddie. Many congratulations!

Now I just need the be patient and hope I can get one of the asymmetric cased chronos coming mid year and /or one of the next run of Navigators...

Apprentice
    1475 Gilt dial ordered 14.03.

Mine arrived safely on Thursday (thanks Eddie) but due to gout in my right hand has taken until today to change/ adjust the strap, well worth the wait though!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by brummie64 View Post
    Mine arrived safely on Thursday (thanks Eddie) but due to gout in my right hand has taken until today to change/ adjust the strap, well worth the wait though!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    Looks great!

After missing out on two previous store openings, I am pleased to report that Order #1230 (time stamped 14:01!) just landed in Singapore!!

Have to say that it feels and handles even more solid than I expected. The new clasp quality is really, really nice and exactly the right size in relation to the watch head. I was expecting it to be thin pressed metal similar to old Rolexes of the 70s and 80s but it feels more like a milled piece. Very nice, solid and reassuring click indeed!

In real life and under normal sunlight, the SuperLuminova X1-C3 is not as minty green as I was afraid it would be. As noted by other owners, it’s a very nice off white with only an ever slight tinge of green, no where near as green as how it shows up in photos on the web or forums. Finally, I also love it that the case back has been updated to the old booby logo.

Eddie, many thanks for a really superb watch and fast and fuss-free despatch to the East.

This is my second TImefactors watch, the other being the Smiths PRS-29AM and I am sure not my last! In both cases I have been more than pleased with the watches.

Cheers from the Orient!

Craftsman
    Hopefully mine too then
    Yes just received three emails indicating delivery tomorrow.

Mind UPS are a bit flaky for delivering on time out here, last TF order took an extra day to arrive but living in hope.

Apprentice
    I just received my gilt dial everest. For anyone wondering, the hour hand has a bevel just like the minute hand. Moreover, the lume on the hands appears to be just a little bit more cream than the lume of the hour indices.
    Last edited by cap_riccio; 16th February 2021 at 12:54.

Journeyman
    My standard Everest arrived today. Superb with the new hands, logo and bracelet. Screw links super easy to adjust. Winner. Thank you Mr Platts.

Bit of a panic earlier as the Ups tracking said my watch has been delivered to a different town. Just as I was on the phone to Ups the watch turned up. Now when I look at the tracking it says it was delivered to yet another town at a later time. Bit odd. But I'm happy to have my watch!

Craftsman
    New (old stock) Geckota leather strap for the Everest Gilt and after a day with the Commando on a NATO this feels and looks smaller despite the cases being the same. Also seems to wear smaller than the standard Everest too. Mind its still the best Timefactors to date in my view.

Last edited by Ed875; 17th February 2021 at 17:01.

Apprentice
    These look great! What sort of order number are we on now guys?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wobbit View Post
    These look great! What sort of order number are we on now guys?
    #1353 arrived yesterday which was approx 160 of the 566/7 on order.

Apprentice
    Landed today (#1383)

Like a lot of folk, it would seem, I’ve been after one of these for a while. Having a skinny wrist (15cm / a bit under 6 inches) it’s tricky finding modern watches that fit to my taste but vintage are generally ok.

I’m pleased to say the Everest was spot on and will do the job nicely. Personal taste would have preferred a non-rivet oyster bracelet but owning another watch with the same clasp as the old oyster bracelet, I’m glad this one feels smaller and more in keeping with the package.

Really nicely done and ‘finishes off’ my watch box as what, I hope, will be my go to do it all watch.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Notpob View Post
    Landed today (#1383)

Like a lot of folk, it would seem, I’ve been after one of these for a while. Having a skinny wrist (15cm / a bit under 6 inches) it’s tricky finding modern watches that fit to my taste but vintage are generally ok.

I’m pleased to say the Everest was spot on and will do the job nicely. Personal taste would have preferred a non-rivet oyster bracelet but owning another watch with the same clasp as the old oyster bracelet, I’m glad this one feels smaller and more in keeping with the package.

Really nicely done and ‘finishes off’ my watch box as what, I hope, will be my go to do it all watch.

Great looking collection.

Craftsman
    Bit of a panic earlier as the Ups tracking said my watch has been delivered to a different town. Just as I was on the phone to Ups the watch turned up. Now when I look at the tracking it says it was delivered to yet another town at a later time. Bit odd. But I'm happy to have my watch!
    I have noticed a lot of posts from folks in the UK that have had problems with their UPS deliveries. Is this a UK issue as I have had no issues with my deliveries here in the States. I can even monitor the drivers location right to my doorstep.

Hope you are enjoying your watch.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    I have noticed a lot of posts from folks in the UK that have had problems with their UPS deliveries. Is this a UK issue as I have had no issues with my deliveries here in the States. I can even monitor the drivers location right to my doorstep.

Hope you are enjoying your watch.
    Think its an issue with the system they operate in the UK.

Our designated UPS delivery depot is approximately one hour forty five from our house, which makes it near impossible for the driver to get to our area drop offs if they are timed for delivery before midday. So to avoid a penalty they report back with a delay such as road closed, or no answer, which generates frustrating/confusing tracking messages to the recipients. However in most cases they do get to you eventually but not with a lot of time to hang about if your slow answering the door.

Had one occasion mind were it was not one of our usual drivers and he couldn't be bothered to come this far out, according to a very frustrated regular driver who had a previous days backlog to sort out on top of that days deliveries.

Also factor in the UK lockdown and everyone is ordering on-line!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notpob View Post
    Landed today (#1383)

That's a lovely collection, Sir. Do you mind if I ask where you got that box from?