closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urgent Rolex Customer Enquiry

Urgent Rolex Customer Enquiry

Registered my interest in a Sub for my up and coming birthday, you never know, well you do but................this is the response.

Dear Mr Bxxxxxx,

My name is Xxxxxx Xxxxx, and I am a Rolex sales consultant here at Goldsmiths in Leicester and it is my pleasure to support you with your recent Rolex enquiry.

Your selected model, the stunning Rolex Oyster Perpetual Submariner, priced at £7,650 is currently unavailable and in exceptionally high demand. Prospective customers are required to register their interest in-person by visiting our showroom, although unfortunately all Watches of Switzerland Group showrooms are closed at the present time.

Subject to COVID-19 developments, our re-opening will be evident through updated messaging on our websites, after which my colleagues and I would love to welcome you into our showroom where you can book a convenient appointment via the link below. For complete transparency, we always welcome registrations of interest for such sought-after Rolex models but cannot provide or predict timescales for potential availability.

Please find below further information on your desired watch:

https://www.rolex.com/watches/submar...10lv-0002.html

Appointment Booking: When we have re-opened you will be able to book a suitable showroom appointment here: https://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/by-personal-appointment

Further Rolex Information: In the meantime, I have summarised some distinctive features showcased across the entire Rolex collection that I hope you may find interesting…

• Waterproof: Every individual Rolex watch, crafted from the finest raw materials, is tested to extremes and waterproof to depths of 100 metres (Oyster models) and 50 metres (Cellini models)
    • Accuracy: Developed and produced in-house and to the most exacting standards, Rolex has a rich and unrivalled history in precision – more of which can be read here: https://www.rolex.com/about-rolex-wa...movements.html
    • Servicing: Fully automatic, Rolex watches are known for their precision and reliability, meaning service intervals are up to 10 years dependant on the type of wear
    • Guarantee: 100% Swiss-made, all Rolex watches come with a 5-year International warranty as standard
    • Further information: E-brochures for every Rolex model, including technical and design specifications can be discovered here: https://www.rolex.com/media/brochures.html
    • Websites: The excellent www.Rolex.com and www.Rolex.org websites both have an extensive breadth of interesting content

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions at this stage. I look forward to supporting you on your Rolex journey and hope to meet you in due course.

Kind regards,

Xxxxxx Xxxxx
    Rolex sales consultant

Goldsmiths

Master
    All I'm saying is don't book an unboxing party for your new Sub

Why urgent?

Utter waste of your time and effort - you have more chance of this occurring by writing to Santa Claus.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Why urgent?
    Goldsmiths put the urgent in the title so no idea

Congratulations...

There nothing quite like the warm fuzzy feeling you get by being invited to book an appointment in order to visit a shop, to put your name down on a non existent list.

Its a polite way of telling you to p1ss off you are not one of the chosen few.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 5th February 2021 at 16:19.

Craftsman
    shower of poo , bless em .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Congratulations...

There nothing quite like the warm fuzzy feeling you get by being invited to book an appointment in order to visit a shop, to an put your name down on an non existent list.
    Love it! I love the way the e-mail says you must visit the shop, but the shops are all closed. In other words, we really don't give a monkeys....

LOL, absolutely this. Mental. Buy a different brand.

Congratulations...

There nothing quite like the warm fuzzy feeling you get by being invited to book an appointment in order to visit a shop, to an put your name down on an non existent list.

Its a polite way of telling you to p1ss off you are not one of the chosen few.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Your selected model, the stunning Rolex Oyster Perpetual ...
    I absolutely hate the use of this word. Invariably I am never even remotely 'stunned' when I see something describes by a salesperson as 'stunning'. It's a watch - a nice watch, but really, if anyone is 'stunned' by such a thing, they must have lived in a cave their whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I absolutely hate the use of this word. Invariably I am never even remotely 'stunned' when I see something describes by a salesperson as 'stunning'. It's a watch - a nice watch, but really, if anyone is 'stunned' by such a thing, they must have lived in a cave their whole life.
    Anyone that plays these games must have had a bang on the head, so they would have been stunned at one time or another!

Reminds me of those estate agents who during the property bubble would treat enquiries with disdain.

"Oh, we have literally nothing available. I mean, we do call some of customers who are on our short list, but the list is quite long at the moment so I can't promise anything."

Only to phone around desperately when the market went pear-shaped.

"Hi, we spoke a few months ago about a property. Are you still looking?"

"Yes. Am I on your short list now?"

"Of course, we're really keen to find what you want."

"OK. I'm making a short list of agents. Would you like to be on it?"

Master
    Wonder if Hatman14 is still with them?

He seemed to have a good line in trade that didn't go through the shop floor and loved supplying tz-uk members with desirable models.

From my recent experience with an AD, most if not all of the people that work there are just shop assistants glammed up into making you think that they are somehow better or more informed that we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

Which model are they referring to as the data sub is £7300 not £7650. Different model or a price rise?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaOmega View Post
    Reminds me of those estate agents who during the property bubble would treat enquiries with disdain.

"Oh, we have literally nothing available. I mean, we do call some of customers who are on our short list, but the list is quite long at the moment so I can't promise anything."

Only to phone around desperately when the market went pear-shaped.

"Hi, we spoke a few months ago about a property. Are you still looking?"

"Yes. Am I on your short list now?"

"Of course, we're really keen to find what you want."

"OK. I'm making a short list of agents. Would you like to be on it?"
    I do like that.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Which model are they referring to as the data sub is £7300 not £7650. Different model or a price rise?
    Check the link.

https://www.rolex.com/watches/submar...10lv-0002.html

Grand Master
    Having zero interest whatsoever in buying a new Rolex I feel very content having read this.

My advice is to do yourself a big favour and stop wanting one, they’re over- priced over- rated trinkets that don’t enrich your life. Far more pleasure in owning other brands and vintage watches, that’s where the fun lies for me thesedays.

What are they supposed to to? They're trying to maintain something resembling a good customer relationship in really tough times, a polite email outlining the situation is hardly worth hauling Rolex and WoS over the coals.

Or is this just another increasingly fashionable "a brand I don't like/have are c***s" thread?

How should one dress, and more importantly, what watch to wear for the shop visit to be placed on the list?

They will be getting 50+ Emails and similar phone calls just like yours everyday. If you can’t be bothered to turn up in person, then I understand their response completely.

We don’t even have a Rolex, Tudor, Patek or Omega AD on the island anymore, so I can’t even pop in to express an interest and strike up a conversation.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Oh, the green one, fancy pants. That explains it.

OP - when you do get invited to book a slot to attend in person to ask nicely to join the list, you will need to make the request in Klingon and offer a Fortnum hamper as a sign of the start of a relationship. Over the next few years and regular ‘gifts’ and statements of desire, you build up from the ‘Thank You’ hamper to the ‘Grosvenor ‘ and the Pepsi/Batman league ‘Windsor’ hamper.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They will be getting 50+ Emails and similar phone calls just like yours everyday. If you can’t be bothered to turn up in person, then I understand their response completely.
    I was told by our local Mapin Webb WoS branch that they'll prioritise local people, and (pre-covid) to keep calling in to the branch to let them know you're still keen. That seems fair enough when you're wanting to buy something for £7k that has a market value of £12k.

How should one dress, and more importantly, what watch to wear for the shop visit to be placed on the list?
    It's pathetic I know but I do wonder sometimes which watch to wear when going to the AD to collect the new one. Oldest one they sold me? Hardest to get to show I didn't flip? Very silly indeed.

Master
    Dear sir,
    Please visit us in person so we can tap your card for some awful rubbish that you don't actually want. Depending upon how much you spend we can add you to the list for something that you do actually want and, if you spend enough and our markup is massive on those item(s), we may actually be able to bump you up the list a bit.
    Be aware however, that when your chosen item does become available it will have to have been rejected by 'The Sheikh', our tame influencer, my grey market contacts and the random famous person who happened to walk in just as I was about to phone you.
    If this is acceptable phone me for an appointment and ,please, don't forget all your credit cards and the Vaseline.

Yours condescendingly

A. Rolex Dealer-Bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    It's pathetic I know but I do wonder sometimes which watch to wear when going to the AD to collect the new one. Oldest one they sold me? Hardest to get to show I didn't flip? Very silly indeed.
    Yes, in this case, Rolex to show already a fan-boy or something else (Omega etc.) to show would like to 'step up'?

I honestly don't get what people are ranting about. I've heard (although not experienced) some bad stuff about purchasing Rolex from an AD, but this isn't it.

Are we still surprised that they can't give everyone a Sub when demand outstrips supply?

They've invited the customer in for an appointment when stores reopen (outside of their control), and managed expectations from the start that it's an in-demand watch that they may not get.

What exactly are they supposed to do? What's the right response, in the context of reality? Should they just put everyone who emails them on the list? Every flipper out there would have 100x email accounts and be bombarding every AD.

Easy to throw stones...

Don't see why someone needs to visit the shop, is it a screening process? Just take someone's details over phone or online.

Yes, in this case, Rolex to show already a fan-boy or something else (Omega etc.) to show would like to 'step up'?
    I sold my Omegas and Tudors so I now only have some Rolex along with one Seiko, G-Shock and Garmin. I usually go in with what I'd like to compare to so when I picked up a SubC 41 I wore my SubC 40 and when I picked up my D-Blue I wore my SD43.

And the point of your OP is?

Don't see why someone needs to visit the shop, is it a screening process? Just take someone's details over phone or online.
    I had to go in to sign if I wanted to go on the list for the new Sub LV and did. It was the first watch they asked me to come in and register interest for and I didn't mind doing it. If anything it made me think I might actually get one! I think it might cut out all the people who aren't local or are just speculators, not sure.

Craftsman
    Most of the buyers for these watches are only buying as they want security in their money, they arnt buying into the Rolex brand itself . Just buy an older everyday Datejust and enjoy it .

Craftsman
    Also, what presents and gifts should I bring the staff to maximise my chances of getting on the list?

Master
    That store is useless; I wanted to buy a YM on flex before Christmas they had one on display. Asked to try it and they went and got me a SS YM II had no idea what I was asking. So showed them the one on display and offered to buy it than and there; let me speak to my manger and get back to you was the response. Too all my details heard nothing from them so rang them a couple of days later. Reply it was sold; I sourced another from a dealer elsewhere and went shopping 10 days later it was still on display.

The other AD in Leicester has gone down hill also they made no attempt to source a YM for me; I rang around most of the ADs in the Uk. The Ad who hit my business did not have one but rang Rolex and got one in for me this dealer has got me everything I have asked with no aggro or hassle. Just a quick phone call or email; collect and enjoy the watch.

I say this with my tongue very firmly in my cheek - but has anybody ever wandered into a Rolex AD, asked to see the Manager and handed him/her a couple of thousand pounds in used notes to get to the top of the list? - I’m sure it must happen - not saying it works, but this kind of daft ‘restricted supply’ malarkey must drive people to examine the angles?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomaitch View Post
    Most of the buyers for these watches are only buying as they want security in their money, they arnt buying into the Rolex brand itself . Just buy an older everyday Datejust and enjoy it .
    I'm inclined to agree.

If they were easily available, I suspect they wouldn't be so coveted. But that's humans, and I myself am probably not immune either (so not meant as a criticism of people chasing Rolex models!).

Master
    AD version of Catch-22 right there!

>but has anybody ever wandered into a Rolex AD, asked to see the Manager and handed him/her a couple of thousand pounds in used note<

I recall a linked threat on here about how someone had buttered-up their Rolex AD and staff with buying jewellery, sending gifts plus invitation to their Club (I don't think they meant Huddersfield Giants)
    Last edited by J J Carter; 5th February 2021 at 14:46.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    If you had tens of emails and phone calls a day looking for ceramic subs and you weren't calling in 70 per week from brand, how would you deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I honestly don't get what people are ranting about...
    I think that starts from the thread title.

Everybody on here knows that it's difficult to get certain Rolex models. There have been numerous threads on the topic. The OP got a polite, if bland, pro forma email reply from an AD. What made him think it was worth posting only he knows. That hasn't stopped the the 'usual suspects' coming over all Derek Day & giving it the full, 'How very dare they?', even though the AD has been polite & helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I can't see the point of posting it, either. Did he expect a different response from the AD? Still, we haven't had a thread about an unobtainable Rolex for a couple of days!
    Last edited by jwg663; 5th February 2021 at 15:41.
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    What are they supposed to to? They're trying to maintain something resembling a good customer relationship in really tough times, a polite email outlining the situation is hardly worth hauling Rolex and WoS over the coals.

Or is this just another increasingly fashionable "a brand I don't like/have are c***s" thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    I honestly don't get what people are ranting about. I've heard (although not experienced) some bad stuff about purchasing Rolex from an AD, but this isn't it.

Are we still surprised that they can't give everyone a Sub when demand outstrips supply?

They've invited the customer in for an appointment when stores reopen (outside of their control), and managed expectations from the start that it's an in-demand watch that they may not get.

What exactly are they supposed to do? What's the right response, in the context of reality? Should they just put everyone who emails them on the list? Every flipper out there would have 100x email accounts and be bombarding every AD.

Easy to throw stones...
    Precisely. Pointless thread with the usual garbage by way of comments.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I thought that some guys who may be thinking of advising there local AD they had an interest in purchasing a Rolex might find the response from the AD of use and help them decide whether to take the first step with there AD or not, obviously my point was of no interest to you for which I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Personally I thought the reply from the AD was polite and explanatory, I didn't think for one minute they would ask for my debit card details and supply the Sub next day.

Just in case anyone had #40 for Veblen

Are they even watches any more? Or just a sort of currency / jewellery?

Rolex: bring back the 5513 and 1016 with plexi and without wg surrounds, make as many as you can sell, price them £5k and be a real tool watch again. Instead of just a real tool.

Vintage and/or other brands for me. But then I'm averse to being treated like shit. Even if they pay me (which they would be, were I to get one and flip it).

Money isn't everything. I'd rather have my self esteem.
    Last edited by Rev-O; 5th February 2021 at 16:53.

Master
    I would have thought they'd have used the correct WR for a Sub in the reply !!!

As above.

• Half are judgemental
    • Half think that talking about waiting lists etc - might score them a Rolex.

Master
    The Rev has had his say.
    Just waiting on Rajen and we can close the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    The Rev has had his say.
    Just waiting on Rajen and we can close the thread.
    Has Mick spoken?

Eggjactly

#Hood

By the power vested in me by Eddie, I declare the thread closed. Sorry Mick.

Has Mick spoken?
    Never sell a Rolex

Because you can't buy one

Never sell a Rolex

Because you can't buy one
    Three days on the naughty step for you for commenting after the thread was closed.