closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A new ( bigger ) Zex.

A new ( bigger ) Zex.

I’ve been selling the 'Old' Zeno Explorer since 2012 and have sold hundreds all round the world, so I was a bit sad when Zeno told me they were going to stop making them and introduce a larger 38mm version. I was even more upset when they said it would have a Sapphire crystal as Ive always liked the old fashioned Acrylic.

Having said that I was keen to get my hands on the new one to take a look.... so here is my 'quick look' at the new version. I've not called this a review as it’s not really a review and I'm clearly going to have some bias towards it, but I'll try to be as honest as possible.

I'm surprised by how much I like it. The Sapphire actually works and you get the same sort of distortion of the dial at the edges... very hard to photograph but I'm sure you all know what I mean. The proportions look right - this was my main worry - as scaling things up in size sometimes makes them look awkward. There is nothing to report about the movement as its not changed.

The bracelet is new and better quality but if I'm honest I'm not a big fan of having the flip-lock style clasp and the plain one from the old version looked more 'vintage' however its clearly going to be stronger in everyday use.

If you've fancied a 'Zex' but 36mm was just too small for you then its worth considering the new 38 for sure. I wear mainly 40mm watches and this is about perfect for me.

I've added them to the site ( www.time-design.co.uk ) and created a new category on the Homepage as the 36mm is going to be selling along side the 38mm until they run out...

I'm going to offer the first 10 at the 'old price' of £395.

This is only possible by emailing me and using a BACS. The site is listed at £475 which is a bit under the Zeno RRP.

The last photo is a bit of fun... sadly I don't have a 1016 to do a comparison shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, very nice...Ah darn it, but for the lower WR I'd have been in like Flynn.

Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post

Could we see a shot side-on? I sold my Zex because I couldn’t get on with the profile, hopefully the sapphire has improved things. Great watches.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Could we see a shot side-on? I sold my Zex because I couldn’t get on with the profile, hopefully the sapphire has improved things. Great watches.
    Sure, I'll get the camera out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Maybe I should pressure test one until it gives up.... ?
    see how safe Zeno were playing it.

I've owned two 36mm Zex and the quality is fantastic. Ultimately I sold them because they always felt small, smaller than the Smiths Everest 36mm. This 38mm model should bring the wearability up to where the Everest is I think.

Master
    I love how the crystal look. I couldn't figure out why it gave such nice distortion, but checking the spec I see it is mineral glass(K1) not sapphire..

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    I love how the crystal look. I couldn't figure out why it gave such nice distortion, but checking the spec I see it is mineral glass(K1) not sapphire..
    They say ‘Sapphire coated mineral’

Thread title totally should have been "Zex Change".

Let me now if you need any other advice

I've got the old'un.

To be honest I think it is pretty much perfect as it is.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Some more quick snaps...

Best,
    James

Pack it in James, you're killing me with these photos :(