closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2021 Omega Speedmaster discounts?

2021 Omega Speedmaster discounts?

Been wanting a Moonwatch for ages but the the way the bracelet endpiece flares out too much made wear too big for my puny wrists.

The design of the bracelet on the new 2021 Speedy seems to have solved this problem according to many reviews I've seen of it. SO I think I might pull buy one.

My question is are ADs offering discounts on it?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    You can ring them up and ask. I’d be interested to know.

Master
    This is exactly the type of thread / talk that Rolex wanted never to happen, and they were rather successful. You've got to admit, that talk of 'where do I get the best discount' does cheapen a brand image slightly (and yes I do like discounts and I do realise almost all brands discount, but you know what I mean...).

I dont really keep on the pulse when it comes to watches these days, but I understand that discounts on Omega aren't the standard thing they used to be?

EDIT: I am genuinely sorry that I just made an Omega thread into a slightly Rolex thread. Not intended, just felt like typing my thoughts on that one. As you were.

I'm pretty sure Omega currently have a whole different strategy to Rolex, otherwise why would we see so many Omega watches in AD sales compared to almost no Rolex.

There was a thread about this recently. Seems with a bit of phoning round, 15% seems to be the limit with the very occasional person saying they managed 20%. Being such a new model, I'd be surprised if a discount on the new Moonwatch could be obtained.

If anyone does have any leads on places for a discount on Omega, I'd be interested in hearing too.

I did call the my local Mappin & Webb but they said they don't have any stock and I have to register my interest. The SA also said its highly unlikely I would be offered a discount.

Had a quick look on chrono24 and they are asking more than list price, crazy for a standard Speedy

Master
    If you want one now, I would think a discount is very unlikely. If you are prepared to wait a few months, that is much more likely, or you will be able to pick up a nearly new one

Craftsman

Agreed, there will be discounts to be had on the new Moonwatch but, I’ would think you’ will have a much better chance in 6 months time.
    Last edited by Speedie; 1st February 2021 at 17:40.

Craftsman
    i think i agree that if you wait 6 months or so then possibly you can get a small discount

Highly unlikely you're going to get one at launch with a discount. 6-12 months before you'll see anything meaningful I'd have thought.

But I got the itch and its hard to resist. They have them in stock on the Omega website, definitely no discounts there though.

Try your nearest independent Omega stockist,more likely to do a deal.

Craftsman
    has anyone bought from an online seller called the watchsource, they offer 10-20 percent off
    omega amongst other brands

Journeyman
    I feel like if there was a discount to get on a speedy it would be off an older model or one that doesn’t sell well. I’ve been monitoring my AD trying to keep tabs on what I don’t see moving.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Try your nearest independent Omega stockist,more likely to do a deal.
    I don't think there is any chance of my getting a discount on the new Speedmaster from my local, independent AD despite having purchased quite a bit from them in recent years.

Called a few places, mainly the big chains because the AD I have a good relationship with is Rolex only. None of them have stock & all said no discount.

Anyway my itch got the better of me & I ordered the hesalite on bracelet direct from Omega.com arrives tomorrow

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    Called a few places, mainly the big chains because the AD I have a good relationship with is Rolex only. None of them have stock & all said no discount.

Anyway my itch got the better of me & I ordered the hesalite on bracelet direct from Omega.com arrives tomorrow

Congratulations!

First dibs if you want to flip it in 6 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Well done! If I were to get one that would be my choice too. Can't really beat "next day delivery".

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Congratulations!

First dibs if you want to flip it in 6 months

Discount expected? ???

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Well done! If I were to get one that would be my choice too. Can't really beat "next day delivery".
    And all you have to is sign on arrival........if I go ahead this is how I’ll order. Simple and fuss free.

Received the watch this morning. Unfortunately it's going back. It just didn't do it for me @ £5.3k

Maybe a year down the line at a discount or pre-owned.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Received the watch this morning. Unfortunately it's going back. It just didn't do it for me @ £5.3k

Maybe a year down the line at a discount or pre-owned.

If it doesn’t do it for you now, why would it next year at say £4000?
    It's just a matter of time...

I've handled the new one as it was sent to me (no discount) by my AD to give me first dibs. I could have paid using vouchers to give 8.5% off.

Thing is the previous moonwatch is IMHO nicer. The bracelet on the new one looks like one from a lower range Tag of 5 years ago. I like the lugs on the new model. The DON bezel is strictly for the nerds. But the outgoing model is IMHO the better watch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Yeah maybe I might just skip this one altogether. The Zenith Chronomaster Shadow will remain my only chronograph for now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I've handled the new one as it was sent to me (no discount) by my AD to give me first dibs. I could have paid using vouchers to give 8.5% off.

Thing is the previous moonwatch is IMHO nicer. The bracelet on the new one looks like one from a lower range Tag of 5 years ago. I like the lugs on the new model. The DON bezel is strictly for the nerds. But the outgoing model is IMHO the better watch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I recently watched Oisin O’Malley on Timeless Watch Channel. He’s handled and worn the new Speedy and was very critical of the very sharp edges on the case and bracelet and compared the finish to a cheap market knockoff.

The bracelet seemed to be very comfortable. Unfortunately it didn't give a feeling of solidity. Also I didn't think the all brushed finish matches the watch.

Craftsman
    With the outgoing Speedmaster a lot of people (myself included ) found the bracelet very uncomfortable as it was hard to size. Either too big or too small. I’m wondering will these smaller links solve this issue.

I intend to buy the new model on the bracelet and am curious to see how it feels. However I will ask to have it sized in-store before I commit. No point buying it don’t know what it will wear like!

From that picture, I like the look of the brushed bracelet.

I like this update. Might be a bit irrational but one thing always holding me back from getting another Moonwatch was the very basic movement for such an expensive watch. It really felt like you were getting a £1000 watch but paying £3000 for the moon marketing. To me, the whole draw of Omega and their USP over Rolex are their innovation in movements...coaxial, METAS etc. The Moonwatch was long overdue an update.

RRP is a bit much for me and I think it would be years before the secondhand market reaches reasonable discount levels, if ever, so I doubt I'll ever own one.
    Last edited by Christian; 6th February 2021 at 12:11.

Apprentice

Bracelet or leather

This is an interesting thread and leads me to ask a question. Two years ago I bought a speed master, I was sat in the Omega store on Bond street in London and in front of me were 4 models, two hesalite with the leather strap and bracelet, and two sapphire also with the bracelet and leather strap. I asked the Assistant for 10 minutes alone and in the end after much head scratching I settled on the sapphire glass on the black leather strap which I love.

I just wonder if people looking to buy the Speedmaster automatically turn towards the bracelet or do you consider the leather strap option?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAlba View Post
    This is an interesting thread and leads me to ask a question. Two years ago I bought a speed master, I was sat in the Omega store on Bond street in London and in front of me were 4 models, two hesalite with the leather strap and bracelet, and two sapphire also with the bracelet and leather strap. I asked the Assistant for 10 minutes alone and in the end after much head scratching I settled on the sapphire glass on the black leather strap which I love.

I just wonder if people looking to buy the Speedmaster automatically turn towards the bracelet or do you consider the leather strap option?
    As with any Omega that comes in bracelet and strap options, I just don't think strap versions are good value for money and I'll always get the bracelet version. I was looking at Globemasters last year...£5840 on a strap and £6120 on bracelet...£280 difference yet buying the bracelet separately was £895 I think.

The only reason to go for the strap would be you hate bracelets and would never wear one.

Good choice on the sapphire...love that and regret not getting one last year when offered!

Master
    I feel like the buzz around this watch is going very quickly! It shouldn’t be long before these are available sub 5k.

I wonder why Omega didn’t just price them at this to start, that way it wouldn’t devalue the brand and everyone thinks they’ve hit a home run.

Craftsman
    Glad I bought it when I did.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    If we're basing it purely on aesthetics I fully agree with you. However probably most of us know a particular watch, or brand, which we would like to try if they were a little cheaper. For me, it's CWC. Great used buy, I've had and own a few and I love them, but IMO not worth the rrp now.
    I think this is the new Speedmasters problem. The massive price hike has pushed it into many potential buyers 'not worth it' category.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yeah maybe I might just skip this one altogether. The Zenith Chronomaster Shadow will remain my only chronograph for now.

I would be interested in your thoughts on this model- I have been considering one of the 384/5 models of late. I have a 43mm Zenith so the size is a potential concern as is lack of a friendly AD to give a decent price.

Tempted to grab one of the remaining FOIS models.

Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Tempted to grab one of the remaining FOIS models.
    Do it if you can:P Much prefer that to the new moonwatch :P (although both are lovely watches)

Craftsman
    We may not be flying now, but hopefully soon enough (fingers crossed) we will be back in the air and these will be readily available in Duty Free, as the previous models were. The new models have a smaller box too, which means you can actually fit the thing into your hand luggage. The old box was like a flippin suitcase!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Offered a free service and strap instead of a discount on a mew 2021 speedy; very tempted to take up the offer.
    Last edited by shoppy; 12th February 2021 at 18:01.

If that's for the new Speedie and you want one now, I can't see you getting a better discount unless you waited a while. Although for me, a free service is great on paper but I'm not sure I have managed to keep a watch long enough to require servicing!

Question

Don't deal with any Omega AD's anymore but trying to help a mate get a deal on the following watch;

https://www.omegawatches.com/en-gb/w...21530442101001

Anyone know any AD's willing to deal on this please? Thanks.

Journeyman

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAlba View Post

Wow, after *“I asked the assistant for 10 minutes alone*”, I thought you’’d be half way to Charing Cross before they caught you

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    Offered a free service and strap instead of a discount on a mew 2021 speedy; very tempted to take up the offer.
    From Omega or an AD? WOS are offering a free watch winder “worth” £400.

That’s right, a watch winder with a manual watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzyb123 View Post
    From Omega or an AD? WOS are offering a free watch winder “worth” £400.

That’s right, a watch winder with a manual watch.

Ha ha, love it. I wonder if there is anyone who buys a Speedy and returns it saying the watch winder isn't working.

Journeyman
    I see the new bracelet as a great improvement. Not in any rush though soI'll see what prices do over the next year or so

As it has been mentioned previously, I reckon if you really are trying to get a discount, your best chance would be to go for an independant omega stockist.
    Best would probably even be to locate one in a small-ish town, where the sales would probably be lower than in bigger cities.
    This + covid might help them accept to give a little discount for the sake of a sale to help the business.

But question is, is omega putting more pressure than before on the ADs to not give any discount...

Thing is that I had this speech on another big swiss brand before. I couldn't get a discount on the most popular watch, but I managed to get one, on one which was slightly overshadowed, even if "officially" they couldn't for the whole brand, so I think there always is some room for some healthy haggling