closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brexit and how is it affecting timefactors shippments to Europe etc.

Apprentice

Brexit and how is it affecting timefactors shippments to Europe etc.

Hello, im pretty new in the forum and havent posted many things yet, although im a pretty keen reader and owner of a timefactor's watches.
    To the matter at hand now, im wondering if there are gonna be any changes to the shippment handling and policy, since every customer except the British is going to suffer some extra charges due to the customs.
    Looking forward to hear about that subject.

George.

If the delivery is not to England, Scotland or Wales, VAT, duty and handling charge will be payable. You can also expect deliveries to take 2 or 3 days longer.

For reasons not clear to me, Northern Ireland isn't being treated as part of the UK.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    For reasons not clear to me, Northern Ireland isn't being treated as part of the UK.
    The Northern Ireland Protocol - agreed as part of the Brexit deal to prevent a hard border with EU member Ireland - keeps the British region in the EU’s customs union and single market for goods

Apprentice
    Thanks for the information , would it be in your interest sorting out a way of handling to bypass that, if it's even possible or in your future plans.
    I know nevertheless it's a bit of wishful thinking from my part!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle92 View Post
    Thanks for the information , would it be in your interest sorting out a way of handling to bypass that, if it's even possible or in your future plans.
    I know nevertheless it's a bit of wishful thinking from my part!
    I don't see how it's possible. the receiving countries will be streaming everything through the customs channel.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Apprentice
    Ok I see, appreciate the response.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I don't see how it's possible. the receiving countries will be streaming everything through the customs channel.

Eddie
    True, there is no way around this. Here in Finland the customs (Tulli.fi) have an online calculator where you can work out what the extra is going to be, even pre-pay the charges:

https://tulli.fi/en/customs-duty-cal...&currency-id=1

For watches its 24% :-(

Thanks
    deano

Apprentice
    I would really appreciate it if fellow fellow forum member from EU shares his recent experience from the last store opening.
    How much was the customs’ fee, courier handling fee and VAT on top top of the watch price listed on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by strelki View Post
    I would really appreciate it if fellow fellow forum member from EU shares his recent experience from the last store opening.
    How much was the customs’ fee, courier handling fee and VAT on top top of the watch price listed on the site?
    It’s different depending on your country/courier of choice.
    I’m subject to 25%vat in DK but the handling fee depends on if it’s a courier service or the local postal service (usually it’s around 20-30 £).
    My understanding is that there is no customs charge from the UK to DK, but again this probably varies..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deano42 View Post
    True, there is no way around this. Here in Finland the customs (Tulli.fi) have an online calculator where you can work out what the extra is going to be, even pre-pay the charges:

https://tulli.fi/en/customs-duty-cal...&currency-id=1

For watches its 24% :-(

Thanks
    deano
    That Tulli calculator is pretty good?

The duty on a watch is €EUR0.80.

I’m guessing it could be 0 if rules of origin criteria in the FTA are met. I doubt if €EUR0.80 is ever collected on a parcel containing a single watch. Maybe if you buy a pallet load of watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by strelki View Post
    I believe the last time the store opened the UK was still part of the EU therefore no one would have a relevant experience. The store is scheduled to pen on Sunday so you may get answers after that, unless you are among those making a purchase, in which case you'll be able to share your experience.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Here in Spain and from memory, for a watch that came in from the USA I think I paid IVA at 21 per cent and a handling fee of maybe 5 to 10 euro...at a guess for one of Eddies say for example an Everest, I'd be assuming around 85 euro give or take, if that helps.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Here in Spain and from memory, for a watch that came in from the USA I think I paid IVA at 21 per cent and a handling fee of maybe 5 to 10 euro...at a guess for one of Eddies say for example an Everest, I'd be assuming around 85 euro give or take, if that helps.
    Thanks, that seems to be reasonable estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I believe the last time the store opened the UK was still part of the EU therefore no one would have a relevant experience.
    I believe it was open on 24th of January, the first post-Brexit opening.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    That Tulli calculator is pretty good?

The duty on a watch is €EUR0.80.

I’m guessing it could be 0 if rules of origin criteria in the FTA are met. I doubt if €EUR0.80 is ever collected on a parcel containing a single watch. Maybe if you buy a pallet load of watches.

Hi

Just had a watch come through and I had to pay 24%... win some, lose some.

Thanks
    deano

Quote Originally Posted by deano42 View Post
    Hi

Just had a watch come through and I had to pay 24%... win some, lose some.

Thanks
    deano
    That’ll be VAT rather than excise duty. VAT = a lot, duty = next to nothing, clearance fees = a bit.