closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: OP41 - any owners?

Master

OP41 - any owners?

I’m considering an OP41 in one of the more sensible colours but I’m conscious of the size. I tried the OP39 at an AD (and should really have bought there and then) and felt it was just the perfect size.

Does anyone have an OP41 or any wrist shots please?

Not wishing to invoke Rolex AD bashing but what’s the general availability of these like?

Thank you

I had an OP39 briefly and agree that it's a good size. I think the 41 in black or white are not so difficult to get if you ask for it specifically and wait a bit. Good luck!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    I had an OP39 briefly and agree that it's a good size. I think the 41 in black or white are not so difficult to get if you ask for it specifically and wait a bit. Good luck!
    White might be difficult if not impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I stand corrected then haha - made the assumption based on my experience with a friend. He went to an AD asking for a OP36, and they had black dark blue and white in store actually (not on display tho).

This was a while ago however!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Curses upon them for discontinuing the white 39 and not offering it in 41.

Master
    The 'white' is really silver, from what I can gather.

There seems to be come consensus from comments on a Hodinkee article that these are still using the 39mm case? Would be interested to know if anyone actually has one and can accurately measure the case.

I think i'd go for the black or blue but I have a black dial (14060m) and a blue dial (SMP)...

I had the opportunity to buy a white OP39 from an AD in Florence last year but stupidly passed. Even the mrs said I should go for it if I wanted!

Before Xmas (seems like an age ago now) I’m pretty sure WoS still had a 39mm black dial in the window.

I’ve got the 41mm yellow dial and I do find it wears quite big, but that could be down to the dial colour also.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ajw232 View Post
    Before Xmas (seems like an age ago now) I’m pretty sure WoS still had a 39mm black dial in the window.

I’ve got the 41mm yellow dial and I do find it wears quite big, but that could be down to the dial colour also.
    Do you happen to have a pair of calipers/accurate way of measuring the case please?

Master
    Interesting video, case diameter measurement is only 0.5mm different.

OP41 - any owners?

No experience of the 41, but did have the 39 in rhodium and now have an EXP 1 in 39. The 41 is slightly larger from reviews that I’ve seen, but I doubt significant enough to make a huge difference.

The 39/EXP is a great modern size.

Edit - ignore me, I’m clearly talking sh1t based on actual owners confirming its considerably different!

I just took a few quick pics with some watches I had to hand as a bit of a size comparison:

Master
    Thanks Adam, very helpful. I’ve emailed my AD about sourcing one of these.

Also, you have some cracking watches!

Blog Entries
    I just took a few quick pics with some watches I had to hand as a bit of a size comparison:
    Goodness me! What a set to compare against. Lovely

Great pics. I'm surprised by how large the WG Daytona wears and how small the Aquanaut wears. Is the RO the 37 or 39?

Thanks all, the AP is actually 41mm it’s the 15400. The ceramic bezel really adds some presence to the Daytona, and because of how thin the Aquanaut is it wears smaller. I actually tried the Aquanaut 5168g in both blue and green but found I preferred the size of the slightly smaller 5167a, plus it was half the price!

Wow, wasn't expecting that to the be 41. Great comparison, thank you for the pics.

Journeyman
    [QUOTE=ajw232;5661978]I just took a few quick pics with some watches I had to hand as a bit of a size comparison:

Wow that 36mm Datejust looks so good. Aesthetically for me it’s more stylish to have a bit of bracelet either side on your wrist rather than just the watch head.

I would pay a bit more and find a SH 39mm or 36mm.

Master
    [QUOTE=zharko;5663235]

Wow that 36mm Datejust looks so good. Aesthetically for me it’s more stylish to have a bit of bracelet either side on your wrist rather than just the watch head.

I would pay a bit more and find a SH 39mm or 36mm.

I suppose it depends on your wrist size too.

If you haven't already, watch the video I posted above, the 41mm version actually has a case that is 39.5mm so it's just bit of 'interesting' marketing from Rolex.

[QUOTE=rico;5663456]
    Quote Originally Posted by zharko View Post

I suppose it depends on your wrist size too.

If you haven't already, watch the video I posted above, the 41mm version actually has a case that is 39.5mm so it's just bit of 'interesting' marketing from Rolex.
    Bit like a Mercedes with "63" on the engine badge. It isn't a 6.3L.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 15th April 2021 at 23:53.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I had an OP39 and found it wore quite large.

Master
    This is my op41.

Any recent pick ups? I'm looking at the coral red and yellow but think red might be too loud.

The green is meant to be really nice but I haven't managed to see one in real life.

Journeyman
    Personally, it depends on your wrist size and what you prefer. For me they run quite small.

Craftsman
    I saw a mint green one went for over £10k on Watch Collecting - crazy!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Interesting video, case diameter measurement is only 0.5mm different.

Only just caught up with this brilliantly obsessive video, it's surprising that there's so little in it, in terms of the case and lug to lug dimensions. Clearly the changes to the dial size and bracelet make all the difference.

It seems that Rolex are using numbers like 39 and 41 to mean 'wears like 39' or 'wears like 41', which makes a lot of sense in a way. Though they could save some confusion by naming the 36mm the 'Oyster Perpetual Too Small', and the 41mm the 'Oyster Perpetual Too Big' ;-)