closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Doxa Sub 200

Doxa Sub 200

Really like the look of these, particularly the dark blue, and they seem to be good quality and decent value from reviews I've seen. Can't recall seeing one on the forum though, anyone got one?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Master
    I picked that exact model up last March, agonized over the blue vs the orange, but decided I’d go for the blue and save towards a 1500T or similar in orange.

It’s a beautiful little thing, and very comfortable on the wrist. The winding is very smooth, and mine appears to be well regulated and keeps very good time. It hasn’t had much wear, competing against lots of other divers, but I would miss it not being in the watch box.

Sounds very promising, thanks. Where did you get yours?

AMJ Watches have these for £950 which I think is a fair price for a very attractive Doxa. If I were looking to buy something for £950 I don’t think I could see past this.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 30th January 2021 at 18:33.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    Sounds very promising, thanks. Where did you get yours?

Jura, managed to use a 10% code as well, so even better. :)

Craftsman
    The case, side price and domed crystal look really nice. then I spotted it was 42mm. Sadly to big for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RS404 View Post
    Really like the look of these, particularly the dark blue, and they seem to be good quality and decent value from reviews I've seen. Can't recall seeing one on the forum though, anyone got one?

Master
    Yes, really like it.

The lume on the bezel doesn’t really work at all. But despite its diameter the short lug to lug and the beads of rice bracelet make it really comfortable.

It’s also significantly thinner than my Sub1500T and is just a much easier watch to wear.

Oddly, when they first came out I wasn’t so keen - but I just kept seeing them and they grew on me.

I’m so pleased I’ve got one and if anything happened to it I would buy another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just bringing this thread up from the depths as I’m really quite taken by the new whitepearl colour.

I like the look of the sub 200 but the bezel lume always seems to clash on the other models. This by contrast, is well balanced. I’ve also been thinking about a white diver for a while, including the captain cook 37mm (non-diamanté version) and the Longines Legend 36, but both were just too feminine for my taste.

This one seems suitably unisex. Though I can’t work out how the bezel lume works: black lume? No Lume?

Doxa Sub 200

This looks very nice. I have been eyeing up a white dial recently, have even been tempted by the new Arctic GSAR, though I’ve owned 2 standard GSARs and couldn’t live with the thickness.

Only thing I’m not too sure about is the bezel, looks very pearly/oysterish, verging on feminine territory. If they had kept the black bezel from the other colours I think I would have been all over it. Need to see it in real life to work out whether I am manly enough to to pull it off

Agreed. A black bezel would have sealed the deal. Still, I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for this one!

Master
    This and my Sub 300T have been amongst my most worn watches the last year.

Doxa Sub 200 by iaintookey, on Flickr

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Just bringing this thread up from the depths as I’m really quite taken by the new whitepearl colour.

I like the look of the sub 200 but the bezel lume always seems to clash on the other models. This by contrast, is well balanced. I’ve also been thinking about a white diver for a while, including the captain cook 37mm (non-diamanté version) and the Longines Legend 36, but both were just too feminine for my taste.

This one seems suitably unisex. Though I can’t work out how the bezel lume works: black lume? No Lume?

Another bump up from the depths, I'm currently considering a white dialed diver and I too like the look of this,
    anyone have/owned one? would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna1138 View Post
    Another bump up from the depths, I'm currently considering a white dialed diver and I too like the look of this,
    anyone have/owned one? would be interested to hear your thoughts.
    I didn’t pull the trigger in the end. Still would if one popped up at the right time and at the right price!

Master
    I didn’t pull the trigger in the end. Still would if one popped up at the right time and at the right price!
    Did you go with anything as an alternative? I've currently got an itch for a white dialed diver

I do like the 200 but I always feel like I really want the 600T, has anyone else done this?

Master
    Have to admit the 600 does look good/better than the 200
    I like the white dial and silver bezel, just above my current impulse budget though

Have to admit the 600 does look good/better than the 200
    I like the white dial and silver bezel, just above my current impulse budget though
    There's a white dial on eBay at the moment if you fancy it
    Last edited by Kitsan; 23rd July 2022 at 18:13.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsan View Post
    There's a while dial on eBay at the moment if you fancy it
    Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye on it, would prefer without the orange accents though.

Did you go with anything as an alternative? I've currently got an itch for a white dialed diver
    No, my interest moved on, I think I bought a blue field watch!

Master
    No, my interest moved on, I think I bought a blue field watch!
    if nothing peaks my interest in the next few days I'll probably end up with something I've never even considered before... blue field watch you say

Hmm, ended up trying one on and now really want it. The sales assistant offered me 10% off without me even asking. Thought I’d ring around to see if I could do any better but so far have been stone walled, I’ve even been told by Jura that if they discount it, they might lose their contract with the brand. Sounds like a load of old tosh.

Does anyone have any tips on where to get the best price on a Doxa, or would you just roll with the 10% in store price?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, ended up trying one on and now really want it. The sales assistant offered me 10% off without me even asking. Thought I’d ring around to see if I could do any better but so far have been stone walled, I’ve even been told by Jura that if they discount it, they might lose their contract with the brand. Sounds like a load of old tosh.

Does anyone have any tips on where to get the best price on a Doxa, or would you just roll with the 10% in store price?
    Try AMJ they normally good on discount and have all doxa’s in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by strell View Post
    Try AMJ they normally good on discount and have all doxa’s in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Excellent, thank you.

Master

I've been looking recently, 10% doesn't seem bad as cash discount. I went with Jura (via top cashback with 6.8% back) and the free watch winder which I believe is also available with the Doxa 200

Highly recommend the Sub 200. I had the black version a while ago. Lug-to-lug is only 46mm so it wears really well. Quality superb too.