closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New watch storage.

Master

New watch storage.

New watch storage
    Hi all

I bought an Oris diver 65 January of last year. I have never even sized the bracelet or worn it, left it in all packaging and stored it away.
    I plan to wear it at some point but enjoying other watches at the moment.
    My question, do you think storing the watch and not wearing it will still count towards the time served from purchase to when I should get it serviced? So if say service recommended every 5 years, I should service every 5 years regardless of how much it has been worn or just service it when it starts losing time etc.... this could literally be years with some watches!

Cheers

Master
    Blog Entries
    I bought a new old stock watch last year,sent it straight off for a service.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    I bought a new old stock watch last year,sent it straight off for a service.
    How many years since manufacture?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like you have my disease Nathan, I bought 2 Tudors last year and have worn neither.

I wouldn't worry about the service aspect but would wind it occasionally just to keep the oils moving around.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gee-whizz View Post
    How many years since manufacture?
    Not sure it was Ollech & Wajs,but I would service any watch bought that was between three and five years old.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post
    Sounds like you have my disease Nathan, I bought 2 Tudors last year and have worn neither.

I wouldn't worry about the service aspect but would wind it occasionally just to keep the oils moving around.
    Good advise Ben, I will make sure I give it a wind every few weeks. 👍

Master
    Not sure it was Ollech & Wajs,but I would service any watch bought that was between three and five years old.
    I need to start wearing it to justify having it!
    Is Ryte time still recommended for servicing? It’s been a while since I’ve needed a watch serviced.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Ryte time still recommended for servicing? It’s been a while since I’ve needed a watch serviced.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Master
    I’d recommend the Oris UK Service Centre (reasonable prices for servicing, and a pleasure to deal with):
    https://www.chrontime.co.uk/

Lots of luxury watches used to sit in AD’s for years. They still got the same warranty, and maybe a few needed to be looked at within that period (like any product), but most wouldn’t.

Have the watch put on a decent timing device if you want to see how it’s performing - if it’s all good then leave it, and have any seals etc. replaced if you are planning on using it in water etc.
    It's just a matter of time...