closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Postal deliveries from UK mainland to NI - has anyone had any issues so far ?

Craftsman

Postal deliveries from UK mainland to NI - has anyone had any issues so far ?

Hi lads,

As we all know Brexit is starting to become an nightmare for certain trade etc and once the grace period ends on March 31st, NI will have big issues.

My question is, has anyone had any issues with delivery into NI from the UK mainland ?

If you now send a watch from the UK mainland to NI, will you be due to pay customs / duties etc

Has anyone experienced any issues so far?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Speedie; 30th January 2021 at 11:35.

Master
    I had a watch from the mainland this past week via RMSD and no issues of vat or anything else. Delivered on time the next day, just as it says on the tin.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    Hi Speedie

Absolutely no problems to date, had a Panerai posted RMSD Melton Mowbray last Friday the 22nd and arrived Saturday 23rd.

Have had other small items all arrive in a timely fashion as well with no issues.

AFAIK still part of the UK (currently) so no duties apply.

Craftsman

Postal deliveries from UK mainland to NI - has anyone had any issues so far ?

Thanks Nev and Robsmck, that’ is positive news to hear. I shouldn’t have any issues then myself!

Cheers
    Last edited by Speedie; 30th January 2021 at 12:04.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I posted a parcel last week Rmsd,arrived the next day no issues I’m aware of.

Craftsman
    Haven't ordered any watches so can't comment on that, but there have been well publicised problems ( at least here) with plants, certain food stuffs, and alcohol. No Wine Society deliveries! Of course, we're still in the three month shake down period and it may all change..

My gardening magazine can no longer ship any of our free seeds to NI. We've already received bagfuls of complaints from NI readers but we can't do anything. The logistics and red tape are horrendous and we just don't have the staff or set up to deal with it. We had no choice but to pull it all.

I've sent a few parcels from NI over to England mostly. No issue. I've also received a number of deliveries. 1st class and RMSD arrived no problem but I'm now waiting up to 2 weeks on some 2nd class parcels. Apparently there's a massive backlog due to staff shortages due to covid.

Craftsman
    My god, plant seeds are being stopped, the citizens of NI are in for some nonsense going forward.

Yes I think RMSD is the best way to ship the watch in question.

As an NI resident, I’ve had John Lewis refuse to take an order/deliver a laptop. Zooplus won’t deliver pet food and Sutton seeds won’t deliver veg seeds.

Craftsman
    Hi

I tried to post a parcel to NI with UPS/DHL on Parcels2Go last week, they wouldn’t take it so used Royal Mail instead which was fine but double the price

N
    Last edited by Neilo; 31st January 2021 at 21:00.

Master
    I've noticed Amazon have stopped Alcohol deliveries to NI. Specifically Gin for me.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

I sent a parcel to Dr.f yesterday using Hermes. Had to complete a customs declaration and attach 3 copies in an envelope to the outside of the box.

Bit of a waiting game to see what happens. I'm hoping that it'll simply arrive.

Craftsman
    Yes I had a look at the new customs forms on the Royal Mail Post Office website. CN22 (up to £270) and CN23 ( over £270)

Worth excluding NI sales on eBay.

Master
    Any experience the other way round (Germany to UK)? I would like to sell some watches and it would be a pity if the private buyer would be hit by VAT...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkuere View Post
    Any experience the other way round (Germany to UK)? I would like to sell some watches and it would be a pity if the private buyer would be hit by VAT...
    Yes the buyer would probably have to pay 20 % VAT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From this week's experience, it's proving quicker to send a watch from Gloucestershire to New York than it is to send one from Gloucestershire to Belfast.

I noticed this morning that Logitech are now refusing to ship to Northern Ireland.

Blog Entries
    Probably a BP topic now! As this (NI “border”) is getting political from news articles today.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I sent a parcel to Dr.f yesterday using Hermes. Had to complete a customs declaration and attach 3 copies in an envelope to the outside of the box.

Bit of a waiting game to see what happens. I'm hoping that it'll simply arrive.
    Did your parcel arrive in NI? If so, how long did it take. Also did you have any issue with VAT etc, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    Did your parcel arrive in NI? If so, how long did it take. Also did you have any issue with VAT etc, thanks

In the end it arrived no problem, other than the Hermes delivery person simply leaving it on the front step...

I think it took 4 days in the end but I was using Hermes not Royal Mail.

No additional charges or problems as far as I'm aware.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    In the end it arrived no problem, other than the Hermes delivery person simply leaving it on the front step...

I think it took 4 days in the end but I was using Hermes not Royal Mail.

No additional charges or problems as far as I'm aware.
    Thanks, good to know what’s happening on the ground. NI is having hard time at present.

On an another point. That seems to be an issue atm, drivers leaving packages on door steps, I had a delivery from DHL this week and I received an email to say I had signed for it, when at the same time I was in work!

It was only small value, but what if an item goes missing off the door step but according to the driver you “signed” for it.

Can of worms I think !

[QUOTE=Speedie;5666219]

On an another point. That seems to be an issue atm, drivers leaving packages on door steps, I had a delivery from DHL this week and I received an email to say I had signed for it, when at the same time I was in work!

It was only small value, but what if an item goes missing off the door step but according to the driver you “signed” for it.
    /QUOTE]

I think the couriers are signing for virtually everything at the moment what with COVID and increased workloads.

As the package in question contained a Grand Seiko I'd have been more than a little miffed if it had gone walkies

Master
    Thanks, good to know what’s happening on the ground. NI is having hard time at present.

Can of worms I think !
    Same here postie left a signed for parcel at our back door worth £100 and signed for it himself luckily no one nicked it

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=Gyp;5666228]

/QUOTE]

I think the couriers are signing for virtually everything at the moment what with COVID and increased workloads.

As the package in question contained a Grand Seiko I'd have been more than a little miffed if it had gone walkies

Wow, imagine if an item of that value went missing and the driver had confirmed someone in the household signed for it.

I wonder would the delivery company even entertain an insurance claim.