closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Damasko

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    If you request it, Damasko can change the seconds hand for a different-coloured one. It’s an advantage of Damasko being a small-ish, flexible company.
    Cheers for in the info

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Master

Post Damasko ‘custom-build’ orders

You can not only change the seconds hand's colour but also ask Damasko for a 'custom build'. This WUS thread describes it: A Damasko Custom DC86 Chronograph Review to Share with the Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rolexplorer on WUS
    Hoping that you enthusiasts here will enjoy my sharing of what recently arrived - a custom-ordered Damasko DC86 Chronograph. It was ordered from Germany through Watchmann, an Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA, Damasko intermediary. They are also a Damasko-certified service center.

Damasko is an amazing manufacturer with many patents in the metallurgical and watch-technology arenas. It is a small, family owned and run company, manufacturing watches since 1994. Many fine models are offered, and Damasko even accepts ‘custom-build’ orders – within reason.

I thought it would be informative to share a nice Damasko item, and to show other watch enthusiasts some of what you can do via a custom-build-order ...

Journeyman
    You can not only change the seconds hand's colour but also ask Damasko for a 'custom build'. This WUS thread describes it: A Damasko Custom DC86 Chronograph Review to Share with the Forum
    Cheers, will have a read

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

The important caveats being - "if it's in their parts inventory", and "if those parts will fit" - i.e, unless you're requesting a run of watches, they won't make components to order.

They really should make a configurator, take the guesswork out of it.

Master
    Back up to three as of yesterday. These seem like great value to me

One of each

DA37 from TF in October 2009 No.0065 DA34 from Jura last year No.0348 (via Hitachi )

Quote Originally Posted by jimboy View Post
    One of each

DA37 from TF in October 2009 No.0065 DA34 from Jura last year No.0348 (via Hitachi )
    Love those, esp. the DA34.

Also serves as a reminder of the only two things I deplore about the new in-house movements - the loss of the day function, and the extra EU200 you now have to pay to get a date window!

Master
    Acquired this week, and very pleased indeed.

Not owned a white dialled watch before, which is proving to be a rather nice change particularly with the splash of green provided by the seconds hand.

I owned a DA36 many years ago which I enjoyed, but ultimately wasn’t quite right because I’m a bracelet guy at heart. This DA43 has changed everything and feels absolutely bombproof with the wonderfully engineered bracelet.

Quote Originally Posted by mab View Post
    Acquired this week, and very pleased indeed.

Not owned a white dialled watch before, which is proving to be a rather nice change particularly with the splash of green provided by the seconds hand.

I owned a DA36 many years ago which I enjoyed, but ultimately wasn’t quite right because I’m a bracelet guy at heart. This DA43 has changed everything and feels absolutely bombproof with the wonderfully engineered bracelet.

Looks great and I think the brand carries luminous green really well. I’d like one similar to that. I think it’s the dsub 1 that has the green in it? Apologies if my nomenclature is off.

^^^ loving the touch of green.
    @Fender my understanding is that the Dsub1 has yellow elements, while it’s orange on the 2 (blue face?) and 3 (black face?). I could be wrong as it is so difficult to find details of the Dsub online - I can’t even see if Damasko are still making them?
    Fantastic watches all and my new favourite brand.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    ^^^ loving the touch of green.
    @Fender my understanding is that the Dsub1 has yellow elements, while it’s orange on the 2 (blue face?) and 3 (black face?). I could be wrong as it is so difficult to find details of the Dsub online - I can’t even see if Damasko are still making them?
    Fantastic watches all and my new favourite brand.

Right you are. Can only see a dc86 with green seconds on the web but it’s a chrono. Back of my hand marks up too easily.

Oh they do lefties. Ooooh.
    Last edited by Fender; 24th April 2021 at 10:15.

Just to say, as I forgot earlier, like the DA37 I have also married up the DA34 with a suitable (IMHO) Zulu elastic.

... my understanding is that the Dsub1 has yellow elements, while it’s orange on the 2 (blue face?) and 3 (black face?). I could be wrong as it is so difficult to find details of the Dsub online - I can’t even see if Damasko are still making them?
    You're right about the models, and yes, Damasko have pulled the DSubs - I believe it's because they're the next range to be reissued with their new in-house movements.

For quite a while I've been considering getting my dozen or so watches down to 3 or 4 in the long term, and part of this might be DA37, DC56 and Dreadnought Voyager out - Damasko DC86 in. What's been putting me off this is the (for me) quite useless 24hr subdial on the DC86. I mailed Damasko to ask about this and said that an independently settable 24hr dial would be very desirable. In their reply Damasko stated that a model similar to my requirements is planned for next year, "if all goes well". I live in hope!
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    For quite a while I've been considering getting my dozen or so watches down to 3 or 4 in the long term, and part of this might be DA37, DC56 and Dreadnought Voyager out - Damasko DC86 in. What's been putting me off this is the (for me) quite useless 24hr subdial on the DC86. I mailed Damasko to ask about this and said that an independently settable 24hr dial would be very desirable. In their reply Damasko stated that a model similar to my requirements is planned for next year, "if all goes well". I live in hope!
    For me, the 24 hour subdial acts only as an AM/PM indicator, effectively. Hopeful that my 86 should be delivered late this week, according to Neil. It's been long enough and I can't wait.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    For me, the 24 hour subdial acts only as an AM/PM indicator, effectively. Hopeful that my 86 should be delivered late this week, according to Neil. It's been long enough and I can't wait.
    The 24 hour subdial helps setting the date and also should stop people breaking the date mechanism when carelessly setting the time. I like the three subdials because it gives balance to the dial. I suppose if they omit it, they could move the logo and the the date to the traditional 3 o'clock position and the logo won't be obscured under the chrono hands. Sinn have something similar with their 140 st

If there's one watch I'd not let go it's a DC5n - so very versatile, works on almost any strap, and being just 40mm, so wearable. There are new divers (this year) and then chronos (next) with in-house movements on their way, but pretty sure we'll not see a day/date function in their range again, either. Prices will roughly double too.

And with a fitting sense of timing, Damasko have just released a teaser pic of what looks like a new smooth-bezel chronograph on social-media:

Blog Entries
    Just had the email from Neil to say the DC86 Orange is being posted RMSD today. Very excited about this one for some reason!

Craftsman
    Just had the email from Neil to say the DC86 Orange is being posted RMSD today. Very excited about this one for some reason!
    Look forward to receiving my email from Neil for the same watch. I was told it will be shipped in 10 days, 9 days ago!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    Look forward to receiving my email from Neil for the same watch. I was told it will be shipped in 10 days, 9 days ago!
    It had best not be the same watch. I'm not sharing!

The 24 hour subdial helps setting the date and also should stop people breaking the date mechanism when carelessly setting the time. I like the three subdials because it gives balance to the dial. I suppose if they omit it, they could move the logo and the the date to the traditional 3 o'clock position and the logo won't be obscured under the chrono hands. Sinn have something similar with their 140 st

It takes seconds to wind a watch through a day/date change, there really is no excuse other than laziness for setting a watch in the "danger zone".
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    If there's one watch I'd not let go it's a DC5n - so very versatile, works on almost any strap, and being just 40mm, so wearable. There are new divers (this year) and then chronos (next) with in-house movements on their way, but pretty sure we'll not see a day/date function in their range again, either. Prices will roughly double too.
    Given the glacial progression of my decision making with watches then prices may have trebled or even more by the time I do anything. I've already been considering this for 5 years! The DC86, Sinn Arktis and Dornbluth 99.1 are all under consideration.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    So pleased!

Craftsman
    Lovely jubbly. I've gone for the strap version with a countdown bezel.

So pleased!

Blog Entries
    Lovely jubbly. I've gone for the strap version with a countdown bezel.
    Believe me, you will be so happy with this! Did you go for the leather strap or the Robby?

Craftsman
    Believe me, you will be so happy with this! Did you go for the leather strap or the Robby?
    It will come with the orange Robby, although I will probably wear it on a black Di Model Chronissimo. This one has a slightly domed crystal correct? Damaskos are normally with flat crystals, I'm wondering if it will change the feel of the watch.

Blog Entries
    It will come with the orange Robby, although I will probably wear it on a black Di Model Chronissimo. This one has a slightly domed crystal correct? Damaskos are normally with flat crystals, I'm wondering if it will change the feel of the watch.
    It doesn't look very domed.

I'm sure this is old news but I just noticed that the DS30 has been officially discontinued. Anyway, here's mine:

Last edited by beechcustom; 6th May 2021 at 18:30. Reason: DS not DC!!!

Master
    The new DC70 and DC72 have landed at Chronomaster: Ł2175 and Ł2275 respectively

Master
    Only Ł85 cheaper than CW Sellors for the 70 and you might well achieve a healthy discount with them too, not that it’s showing in stock there.

Maybe I should try and sell my DS30 yellow for a profit if discontinued 😂😂😂😂

I believe my Dsub1 has a slight dome to the crystal (though it is very subtle and close to flat)

I believe my Dsub1 has a slight dome to the crystal (though it is very subtle and close to flat)

Likewise my DSub3, it's subtle but definitely domed - I Polywatched the annoying AR coating off it (finally! I have black dial, not a blue-grey one!), so feel I know it pretty well...

Collection back up to two again. :)

Craftsman
    Here are my two, the DC86 is running about +3 SPD and the DC57 about +2 SPD:

Last edited by ROBANNENAGY; 18th November 2021 at 20:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    That looks classy.

DC66 black.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    I'm sure this is old news but I just noticed that the DS30 has been officially discontinued.
    I gather the discontinuations reflect Damasko’s move from ETA to in-house movements. But I imagine we’ll eventually see a replacement for the DS30 that features Damasko’s A26 movement.

I gather the discontinuations reflect Damasko’s move from ETA to in-house movements. But I imagine we’ll eventually see a replacement for the DS30 that features Damasko’s A26 movement.
    It already is the case, with now the dk30 and the dk32, the former without the date.
    They look as lovely as the previous ds30 but I somehow wish they kept the simple and very comfortable solid case back

GMT/UTC, day/date, and hand-wound/small seconds models are in the works, but not (yet) the more diverse dial-variants of the more basic designs that many are seeking. Daresay they'll come in time.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    GMT/UTC, day/date, and hand-wound/small seconds models are in the works, but not (yet) the more diverse dial-variants of the more basic designs that many are seeking. Daresay they'll come in time.
    I hope they do something useful with the 24hr subdial on the DC86, it's worthy of being more than an am/pm indicator for the main hands.
    F.T.F.A.

DS30 I secured from sales corner.

Absolutely love it!

DC66

My first Damasko, and it’s a cracker.

DK15

Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post

DK15

Brilliant! Fabulous watch and an even better movement in that one. Enjoy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by junglebert View Post

DK15

Looking good Jon, enjoy. Wait til you check out the lume….

Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    Brilliant! Fabulous watch and an even better movement in that one. Enjoy.
    I’ve been after a damasko for ages, full lume preferably, so this seemed difficult to resist, it’s going to be worn a lot I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Looking good Jon, enjoy. Wait til you check out the lume….
    First thing I did :)

DC76 arrived recently, bringing the collection back up to four...

Seems to have tipped-over into obsession...