closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Damasko

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by momentum View Post
    Does anyone know if the DA series has been discontinued?
    My guess is that Damasko has either stopped or paused the DA series while it switches from ETA to in-house movements. But you’ll likely get a more informed answer on the Damasko forum:
    https://www.watchuseek.com/forums/damasko-uhren.810/

If Damasko is switching the DA series to its new 26 movement, then I imagine the pandemic has affected timing.

A full lume Damasko is most definitely on my wishlist!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    My guess is that Damasko has either stopped or paused the DA series while it switches from ETA to in-house movements. But you’ll likely get a more informed answer on the Damasko forum:
    https://www.watchuseek.com/forums/damasko-uhren.810/

If Damasko is switching the DA series to its new 26 movement, then I imagine the pandemic has affected timing.
    Thanks for that - I'd forgotten there was a Damasko forum on WUS. Seems that the change to in-house movements is indeed the reason. So the watches will continue but will be more expensive, which is a shame

Thanks for that - I'd forgotten there was a Damasko forum on WUS. Seems that the change to in-house movements is indeed the reason. So the watches will continue but will be more expensive, which is a shame

Not only more expensive, but likely to have to be returned to Damasko for servicing, with all that the Brexit farce will bring to that.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Not only more expensive, but likely to have to be returned to Damasko for servicing, with all that the Brexit farce will bring to that.
    Just sent my Sinn UX back to Germany for a service and I think the “brexit farce” is over rated. Cost me around £200 which is a lot cheaper than many of the so called Luxury brands.

I’ve snipped this off the Damasko Facebook group. We had asked and this is what Petra came back with. All seems very reasonable and to be honest. If they go up slightly so what. In my opinion they already exceed the quality of many of the brands priced in a much higher bracket.

Very reasonable and fair response. Encouraging.

I seem to remember that as the new movements were only adapted clones of ETAs, the expectation is that most watchmakers would be happy to service them and the vast majority of parts are interchangeable.

In reality, I guess that would be down to the individual who owns the watch and the watchmaker they choose, however.

That's some commitment to increase their in-house movement range, I wonder if they'll retain some Sellita 3-handers or go full on in-house?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    I’ve snipped this off the Damasko Facebook group. We had asked and this is what Petra came back with. All seems very reasonable and to be honest. If they go up slightly so what. In my opinion they already exceed the quality of many of the brands priced in a much higher bracket.

Managed to delete my reply 😑

Agree that's a very reasonable reply and I'm sure quality will continue to be excellent for the price. I'd just rather have less money invested in a watch that will get hard use!

Damasks is such a great brand - definitely on my list to try some day. Does anyone know if the DA series has been discontinued? Not on the Damasko or Jura websites at the moment. Be a huge shame if so since those are what I consider the classic Damasko models with the ice hardened cases.
    They're being replaced with the DK series - functionally very similar, except for the in-house movement and no-date versions. Limited range at the mo, but that will grow.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    No particular reason for return to Damasko once out of warranty - I believe they're happy to supply parts to competent third parties, and the movements are simple enough with obvious ETA roots that any decent watchmaker can service them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    No particular reason for return to Damasko once out of warranty - I believe they're happy to supply parts to competent third parties, and the movements are simple enough with obvious ETA roots that any decent watchmaker can service them.
    In the UK, Chronomaster can arrange servicing by a competent watchmaker with Damasko experience. And parts supply isn’t an issue (Chronomaster has a relationship with Damasko). They did an excellent job of servicing mine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I seem to remember that as the new movements were only adapted clones of ETAs, the expectation is that most watchmakers would be happy to service them and the vast majority of parts are interchangeable.

In reality, I guess that would be down to the individual who owns the watch and the watchmaker they choose, however.
    The DC86's movement is adapted from the 7750 but, so extensively so, you'd probably think it completely re-engineered. This video impressed me to the point of ordering one although it seems to be taking longer than expected thanks, they say to the impact of C19 on the parts supply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86r-BZMHETw&t=13s
    Last edited by BSB; 30th March 2021 at 16:25.

Craftsman
    Lol....l recognise that watch. If you ever consider moving it on drop me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    One of the earlier DA37’s

DA47 is a bit of a strap monster!

In the UK, Chronomaster can arrange servicing by a competent watchmaker with Damasko experience. And parts supply isn’t an issue (Chronomaster has a relationship with Damasko). They did an excellent job of servicing mine.

That's good to know, both of mine are due shortly.
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostgear View Post
    Lol....l recognise that watch. If you ever consider moving it on drop me a pm.
    If I could get my hands on a DA47 I will do .

had a DA47 which I sold. Currently have a DC56 which is one of my favourite watches.
    Would love to own the DC80 / 82 at some point.

One I regret but hey ho! Currently being looked after by one of TZs finest but what a watch.

DSub1

Although I’m still in the honeymoon period, I think this is the best watch I have ever had, irrespective of price. I love it, there is nothing at all I would change.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

Although I’m still in the honeymoon period, I think this is the best watch I have ever had, irrespective of price. I love it, there is nothing at all I would change.

Dave

That's very nice

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by helidoc View Post

Dave

That does look rather nice, and not overly expensive.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    It appears Damasko’s move to in-house movements is almost complete, and we should expect new launches too: https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/d...#post-53283935

Ouch, that’s a bit of a price hike!

Old DS30, £835 from Chronomaster
    New DK30 (no date) £1279 from Jura
    DK32 (date) £1461, also from Jura

Considering the 2824 origins of the A26, same size, same wheel train, that’s quite a jump :(

Dave

Economies of scale - or rather, lack of.

Master
    I expect they will be a couple of hundred quid cheaper from Neil.

Craftsman
    I have a DC86 orange on order from Neil, I was told the wait is 4 weeks and that was 4 weeks ago. I suspect I'm going to have to wait a fair bit longer yet. At least it's not like 12 years ago when customers were waiting years for a DC66.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    I have a DC86 orange on order from Neil, I was told the wait is 4 weeks and that was 4 weeks ago. I suspect I'm going to have to wait a fair bit longer yet. At least it's not like 12 years ago when customers were waiting years for a DC66.
    I have the exact same watch on order from Neil since January 25th when he had been told 6 weeks to build plus two weeks to deliver. The watch is now expected to be finished next week (over 11 weeks build plus delivery).

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    I have the exact same watch on order from Neil since January 25th when he had been told 6 weeks to build plus two weeks to deliver. The watch is now expected to be finished next week (over 11 weeks build plus delivery).
    Ah well, 7 weeks to go for me then. I ordered mine on the strap with a 60 minute countdown bezel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    Ah well, 7 weeks to go for me then. I ordered mine on the strap with a 60 minute countdown bezel.
    Ordered mine on the bracelet with the black and orange Robby as an extra. Mine has the 5-55 bezel and AR both sides of the crystal. Evidently, C19 has been causing some problems with certain parts supply. I guess those problems could ease and you might get yours quicker than me.

Master
    I bought mine from Neil 3rd week of February. It came in a very poor quality Damasko branded service case (which broke the second time the zip was operated). I was promised the correct Damasko packaging within 3 weeks. Nothing happened. I've now been promised it this week, nothing so far. Bit disappointed to say the least.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    I bought mine from Neil 3rd week of February. It came in a very poor quality Damasko branded service case (which broke the second time the zip was operated). I was promised the correct Damasko packaging within 3 weeks. Nothing happened. I've now been promised it this week, nothing so far. Bit disappointed to say the least.
    Was this a new watch, Mark?

Master
    ^^^^^^^^yes

Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^^^yes
    That's surprising. I'm presuming there was a reason given as it's unlike Chronomaster.

Master
    I agree it’s unlike Chronomaster. Did you ask why? Could it be Covid-related (shortage of watch cases) or merely Neil’s human error?

Master
    Yes he said it was a box shortage but 7 weeks later I still have nothing.

Master
    I'm not surprised about the shortage because of the international shipping logjam. Shipping was already facing disruption and delays in supplying goods because containers were stuck in the wrong places. And it was before Suez, which has exacerbated the problem. Add Brexit-related delays, plus a pandemic, and considerable delays become inevitable.

Master
    I don't buy that coming from Germany. We export a lot of stuff to Germany and it still gets there within a day or two. Of course it may be the problem of dealing with small businesses who do not have the resources to sort it out properly.

Journeyman
    I don't buy that coming from Germany. We export a lot of stuff to Germany and it still gets there within a day or two. Of course it may be the problem of dealing with small businesses who do not have the resources to sort it out properly.
    Depends on courier. Something I ordered took 15 days from Germany to get to me and is on day 16 of the return and not yet arrived. Brexit Delays...

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelro View Post
    Something I ordered took 15 days from Germany to get to me and is on day 16 of the return and not yet arrived. Brexit Delays...
    16 days makes you a mere amateur

UPS took several weeks for a recent delivery from the continent, and sent me a daily update citing “Brexit related delays.”

Pre-COVID and pre-Brexit, my DC80 took a solid three months from order to delivery, so in current circumstance I really wouldn't fret.

It's very likely that Damasko have things like cases, dials &c. made in batches, and that production runs have to coincide with this. Just the way of things for small, low-volume companies.

I agree it’s unlike Chronomaster. Did you ask why? Could it be Covid-related (shortage of watch cases) or merely Neil’s human error?
    I doubt it's Neil's human error.

Damasko have been nothing but trouble for their UK retailers, going off the experiences of the three retailers who came before him, they regularly show poor care and attention to how watches are shipped and are terrible at answering queries. The retailers take the blame, but the commom demoninator is always the brand.
    Last edited by AKM; 11th April 2021 at 16:03.

Journeyman
    When did the Da43 change from Green to orange second hand, trying to date one I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelro View Post
    When did the Da43 change from Green to orange second hand, trying to date one I've seen.
    It will have been a special order from Damasko. The serial number on that one (0072) suggests it's a year or two into the production run at a guesstimate. I think it's quite a recent model overall (2016 iirc). You could do worse than give Sellors a call and ask.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    It will have been a special order from Damasko. The serial number on that one (0072) suggests it's a year or two into the production run at a guesstimate. I think it's quite a recent model overall (2016 iirc). You could do worse than give Sellors a call and ask.
    Thanks, the watch in question was on second hand site. I'd not seen a green handed Da43 before and wondered if was the older model as the last ones I'd seen on the official site before they removed them was orange.

Master
    If you request it, Damasko can change the seconds hand for a different-coloured one. It’s an advantage of Damasko being a small-ish, flexible company.

Took delivery of this beauty today. Never before seen a Damasko in the flesh and am really impressed - the legibility is phenomenal. If watches are at all seasonal, the Dsub1 screams “summer”

Quote Originally Posted by Halitosis View Post
    Took delivery of this beauty today. Never before seen a Damasko in the flesh and am really impressed - the legibility is phenomenal. If watches are at all seasonal, the Dsub1 screams “summer”

Very nice Damasko Peter 😀