closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Show us your Damasko

Some nice Damaskos there. DC76 - somehow looks wise doesn’t do it for me. Would take a DC66 anyway over it. I can’t put my finger on what bothers me though about DC76.

I am debating getting a DK30. I like the size and dial and it looks like a great all around watch. I require no date and prefer printed, legible dials and minimal bling. Having said that, I dislike dropping $1450 on a watch I've never seen. In fact, I've never seen any model Damasko in the metal. If I hate it I can send it back but that effectively means I've spent $30 just to try on a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I am debating getting a DK30. I like the size and dial and it looks like a great all around watch. I require no date and prefer printed, legible dials and minimal bling. Having said that, I dislike dropping $1450 on a watch I've never seen. In fact, I've never seen any model Damasko in the metal. If I hate it I can send it back but that effectively means I've spent $30 just to try on a watch.

$30 works out at @ £22. I'd happily spend that to try a watch of that value and be able to return it if not happy.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    DC76 arrived recently, bringing the collection back up to four...
    I like it. I wonder if they'd fit a set of DC56 hands if compatible. Although I like the usefulness of the bezel on the DC86 the smaller size of the 76 makes it more wearable (for me). However my only criticism, which I've mentioned before re the 86, is the 24hr indicator, if only it could be independently settable as a GMT hand.
    F.T.F.A.

After many years of my Damaskos being B&W I've added some colour with various Haveston canvas straps. Here's the latest . . .

F.T.F.A.

This came in earlier in the week. Very happy with it indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    DC76 - somehow looks wise doesn’t do it for me. Would take a DC66 anyway over it. I can’t put my finger on what bothers me though about DC76.
    I'm very happy with the looks, but, with the benefit of hindsight I would rewind two years and buy a DC86 as the maximalist chrono and a DC70 as the ultimate minimalist take on the theme - but that's the curse of hindsight, and - given the fickleness of human nature - I'd probably want the opposite if it had been possible to go that way!

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    $30 works out at @ £22. I'd happily spend that to try a watch of that value and be able to return it if not happy.
    Seconded. Would cost me more than that to get to the nearest Damasko dealer to me!

I wonder if they'd fit a set of DC56 hands if compatible.
    They would definitely make it for you, and I'm sure they'd fit as they all use the same base movement.

However my only criticism, which I've mentioned before re the 86, is the 24hr indicator, if only it could be independently settable as a GMT hand.
    Strongly agree, but given these watches already have an extra complication piggy-backed on to the base 7750, imagine how thick the watch would be if it also had a GMT complication added as well! Would make a Seiko Tuna look svelte...

After many years of my Damaskos being B&W I've added some colour with various Haveston canvas straps. Here's the latest . . .

That combo really looks great

DA57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavbaz View Post
    DA57

Stunning Gav, nice catch congratulations!!

Love it. My 57 is by far my most-worn watch, tho' the 76 is slowly catching-up.

DA57

Quote Originally Posted by Cat7 View Post
    Stunning Gav, nice catch congratulations!!
    Thanks pal. Delighted with it.

Love it. My 57 is by far my most-worn watch, tho' the 76 is slowly catching-up.
    Honestly I can see why. This is an instant favourite already.

Master
    DA57
    DC57? Can't beat Damaskos imo, the only watch you can buy, wear regularly and be confident it'll look pretty much unmarked 10 years later. Plus their bezels and crowns feel so smooth and solid. I've had a few now, still have 2 (DA47 and DC66) and my eldest has a DC56si black on what looks like a permanent loan. Perfect tool watches!

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    DC57? Can't beat Damaskos imo, the only watch you can buy, wear regularly and be confident it'll look pretty much unmarked 10 years later. Plus their bezels and crowns feel so smooth and solid. I've had a few now, still have 2 (DA47 and DC66) and my eldest has a DC56si black on what looks like a permanent loan. Perfect tool watches!

DC 56 Sept 2009, DA37 Sept 2006, still looking good . . .

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Yep. That’s what I meant

This for me, trying with a bit of a military feel strap.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

6 days in a row while away on holiday

Couldn’t have picked a better watch

Last edited by acg; 13th April 2022 at 12:24.

Think this works well. DC82

Quote Originally Posted by 11erv View Post
    Love it; great choice of strap, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my favourite brands.

My DC86. A centre second chronograph.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    Look on the bright side, you'll never send it back. The worst (sic) that'll happen is you'll buy a never ending supply of straps for it as it'll suit everyone you get.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    One of my favourite brands.

My DC86. A centre second chronograph.
    My old watch. I sold the DC86 to fund this purchase. Damasko were brilliant the built it for me using bits they had lying around the factory, because officially it's no longer available. I've owned numerous Damasko's over the years and I think the DK105 is easily their best watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post
    My old watch. I sold the DC86 to fund this purchase. Damasko were brilliant the built it for me using bits they had lying around the factory, because officially it's no longer available. I've owned numerous Damasko's over the years and I think the DK105 is easily their best watch.
    Beats me why the DK100s weren't more successful - best of both worlds: dress watch elegance with tool-watch robustness, and a great in-house movement.

I'd like to own one some day, but not many owners seem to sell them - which speaks volumes of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBANNENAGY View Post

It looks great. Is that the hand wound model? The same 42mm case size as the DC86 but the 86 obviously has the near 44mm sized bezel.
    Last edited by j111dja; 22nd July 2022 at 17:54.

Master
    Ordered from Chronomaster yesterday afternoon at 3-30, delivered at 8-50 this morning. Don't know why I sold my yellow version but this was all Neil had. I was going to put it straight on a rubber or NATO but think I'll give the leather a chance, it's nicer than I thought it would be except maybe the loose keeper is too loose.

Love the white DS30. Of the yellow, blue and white I've had its definitely my favourite.

New CWC coyote single pass looking good on the DC56

Sorry, wrong post, I don't have one.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    Ordered from Chronomaster yesterday afternoon at 3-30, delivered at 8-50 this morning. Don't know why I sold my yellow version but this was all Neil had. I was going to put it straight on a rubber or NATO but think I'll give the leather a chance, it's nicer than I thought it would be except maybe the loose keeper is too loose.

Peak Damasko. Personally prefer the white SH to the yellow. Enjoy.

Craftsman
    You will probably recognise these two.
    Both purchased on this forum in the last week.

DK15. DC56.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    Snap

Really like that perlon. What is it?

DC76 arrived recently, bringing the collection back up to four...

Seems to have tipped-over into obsession...

If the 24hr subdial on this was independantly settable I'd sell my DC56 and Voyager and replace them with one. I asked Damasko about this a while ago and they hinted that such developments might be happening in the future. Absolute perfection wouid be having the hour and minute hands from a DC56 fitted, if possible. Meanwhile, back to the OP, DC56 with nicely faded Haveston Bakelite-F . . .

F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    6 days in a row while away on holiday

Couldn’t have picked a better watch

Very nice.

Recently added a bracelet to my 67

Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

If the 24hr subdial on this was independantly settable I'd sell my DC56 and Voyager and replace them with one. I asked Damasko about this a while ago and they hinted that such developments might be happening in the future. Absolute perfection wouid be having the hour and minute hands from a DC56 fitted, if possible.
    I'm faintly amazed to hear Damasko think they could add what in effect would be a UTC/GMT module on top of what is already a 7750 with an additional centre-minutes module - makes me wonder if they have their own chrono movement in the pipeline. Totally agree it would be a fantastic feature. For sure they can fit the DC56 hands - they're very good with custom orders.

BTW have you seen the mk2 versions of the DC76 and DC86? -

The older style DC76 and DC86 are still available alongside them, for now...

Meanwhile, back to the OP, DC56 with nicely faded Haveston Bakelite-F . . .

I keep admiring that combo BTW, I will have to try one at some point

It's the olive green one from watch obsession.
    Very comfy and a decent price.

Looks more brown in that pic though

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Really like that perlon. What is it?

For sure they can fit the DC56 hands - they're very good with custom orders.

BTW have you seen the mk2 versions of the DC76 and DC86?

Now look what you've done - I'm scribbling financial calculations on scrap paper again! ;-)

PS. I think the 86/2 would benefit from fine minute gradations on the bezel, in keeping with the new style. The dial certainly looks cleaner and slightly more legible on all **/2 versions. Contrary to my liking of orange chrono hands the 76/2 looks more appealing with all white hands. Also being contrary and thinking it through a little more, how often does one actually need a GMT function, even when abroad? Not at all really, it takes seconds to reset a watch, and the running 24hr hand would get more use as an indicator of where a watch has stopped in the 24hr cycle when run down and being reset. Can you see where this is going?
    Last edited by magirus; 3rd August 2022 at 17:27.
    F.T.F.A.

... the running 24hr hand would get more use as an indicator of where a watch has stopped in the 24hr cycle when run down and being reset.
    I find that exact feature very pleasing when I decide to wear the DC72, wheras I don't get to travel overseas any more, so...

Can you see where this is going?
    All too easily - I traversed similar metal terrain prior to ordering the 72!

Looking even deeper into the crystal-ball: I sold my DC56 to buy the 72 - and then I bought another 56 nine months later: tread warily my friend...!

PS:

... I think the 86/2 would benefit from fine minute gradations on the bezel ...
    A few people have commented about that on WUS. I'm sure you could order an old-style bezel to be fitted, but the font wouldn't match - could still look OK though,
    Last edited by earlofsodbury; 3rd August 2022 at 18:18.

Having looked at the new designs a little more I think the "Central Minute Counter/Military Certified​" text is unnecessary. Anyone buying this watch knows it has a central minute counter, and "Military Certified​" is (IMVHO) just errr..... naff. However with my eyesight and sans specs I can't make it out so I'm still considering one!
    F.T.F.A.

I emailed Damasko earlier re fitting DC56 hands to a DC76/2 and their very quick response was that they can't do that as the 56 hands are too short but DC66 hands can be fitted as they are the correct length. The cost is €50 as it's a special order. Decisions, decisions . . .
    F.T.F.A.

Blog Entries
    Fifteen months in and still super happy with the DC86. I keep wondering whether I need other watches but then think "of course I do". It's a curse, I tell you. Still, hard to think of another watch taking over the position of favourite.

Having looked at the new designs a little more I think the "Central Minute Counter/Military Certified​" text is unnecessary. Anyone buying this watch knows it has a central minute counter, and "Military Certified​" is (IMVHO) just errr..... naff. However with my eyesight and sans specs I can't make it out so I'm still considering one!
    I don't mind the text - it's a mite cheesy, but they are trying for a look and feel that will appeal to a wider audience.

So long as you don't actually read it, I think it balances the overall dial layout better than omitting it -

PS: I've only now realised the DC56 and DC66 hands are different - I'm not convinced the 66 hands are longer (the 1mm difference in watch sizes is due to the bezel overhang), but they do have longer black sectors...

Were it me, I'd stick with the slimmer 80-series hands, as the fatter ones might clutter the dial more.
    Last edited by earlofsodbury; 4th August 2022 at 19:09.

I don't mind the text - it's a mite cheesy, but they are trying for a look and feel that will appeal to a wider audience.

So long as you don't actually read it, I think it balances the overall dial layout better than omitting it -

PS: I've only now realised the DC56 and DC66 hands are different - I'm not convinced the 66 hands are longer (the 1mm difference in watch sizes is due to the bezel overhang), but they do have longer black sectors...

Were it me, I'd stick with the slimmer 80-series hands, as the fatter ones might clutter the dial more.
    I agree that the "extra" text fills that empty area nicely. Re the hands, I think the stick hands of the DC76/2 may just look better than the DC66 hands which have the black section at the centre, on this watch that is. Also the stick hands will obscure less of the subdials when using the chrono, increasing readability. That said I have seen pictures of the DC66 with all white hands. Given that they are really quite different watches I could happily have both a DC56 and a DC76/2 in my watch roll. Can you see where this is going . . . ?
    Last edited by magirus; 5th August 2022 at 08:17.
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    New Arrival. DSUB 1.
    Been searching for a couple of months.
    Also purchased a Hirsch Robby and fitted the original Damasko buckle.

Probably my favourite watch for now.

Dealer also had a DSUB 2. Would have liked the pair. But it got sold while I was filling in my details on line.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    New Arrival. DSUB 1.

Dealer also had a DSUB 2. Would have liked the pair. But it got sold while I was filling in my details on line.

I spotted a DSUB1 and DSUB2 on the bay. Decent value.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    New Arrival. DSUB 1.

Love it, wish they'd stuck with that dial layout for DSub2 and 3, tho' I prefer the 'Plongeur' hands of those..