closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches you and your other half share

Watches you and your other half share

No thanks to my very small wrist... I occasionally share watches with my partner :P a couple of examples below.

Have you ever done the same? Would love to see yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No she steals them and I never get them back

No, I'm safe, none of my watches tell you how many steps you have walked today, current heart rate or how many hours sleep you have had and unfortunately my watches seem unable to advise when you have received a text.

Bless

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    No, I'm safe, none of my watches tell you how many steps you have walked today, current heart rate or how many hours sleep you have had and unfortunately my watches seem unable to advise when you have received a text.

Bless
    haha that's my strategy as well - especially almost every other gadget in my life has already done those jobs :D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    No she steals them and I never get them back
    xD

Master
    Thankfully my OH has zero interest in watches, doesn't wear one, and I have offered her my Cartier Tank Francaise Chronoflex, BLRO and PAM 49, all of which she declined.
    She's a keeper. Well, sort off.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My wife hates most of my watches so no, she wouldn't wear them if I paid her to.

Yes we share a Sarb035, we went out on her 40th birthday with the intention of getting her a nice watch. She tried on so many watches that day and when finally we were about to buy a seamaster she said to me 'I wish I could find one i like as much as yours' pointing at my wrist.

Omega back on display, Seiko off my wrist and a couple of grand saved, she thought I was wonderful and I was eyeing up a replacement 😃

After a week of wearing it she lost interest and it went back in my watch box, she wears it occasionally and it is technically hers but I wear it when I like 👍

Master
    My wife wore my Zenith Daytona for a couple of weeks but said it just not attractive. It now lives in the safe.

- - - Updated - - -

My wife wore my Zenith Daytona for a couple of weeks but said it was just not attractive. It now lives in the safe.

Master
    My wife has zero interest, thinks I’m totally barking having an interest in watches and couldn’t tell a Casioak from a 5711.
    That suits me fine. I don’t have to explain to her why a new watch is incoming and I don’t have to worry about any interrogation on what I’m wearing.

Grand Master
    Absolutely none.

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Absolutely none.
    This.

My wide is not into watches at all & doesn't look after her own very well.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Nope, If I close the clasp on the bracelet of her watch I can only fit 2 fingers in (ooh err!) - I usually have to leave every link in a bracelet, she usually needs as many as possible removed! - she tried on a 44mm Panerai Luminor I owned and it was bigger than her whole hand!

I think women are brutal on watches, my wife’s has so many battle scars the case sides almost have a hammered finish! - don’t test tool watches on a member of the special forces or an astronaut, test them on a 9 stone blonde mother/housewife!

My Mrs is a bit of tomboy and petrolhead, so she takes some interest in anything motor-themed, especially if there's a bit of orange to match her car. She mugged me for a Geckota chronograph the day it showed-up (got off fairly lightly there...), and regularly borrows my 'Gulf Oil' Helgray Superfast chrono -

I'd be happy for her to borrow any of the collection (that don't require a bracelet resize...), as she takes great care of things, but she's got very little interest in them.

Watches you and your other half share

I think Mrs H would like an Omega Constellation at some point, but not before an obscenely expensive eternity ring.

She isn’t interested in my watches, and if she did take one of my mechanicals I can imagine her saying the following:

Baby!
    It’s not working!
    Fix it!

D

Quartz Connie I think ;)

Share? Watches? How very dare you! You'll be advocating those filthy 'double bed' sleeping arrangements next.

Although I did catch her using my razor once... so I grew a beard.

Journeyman
    Mine keeps asking me to buy a 37mm yacht master rose gold or Panerai Due so she can share.

I bought my wife a diamond datejust - that seems to have stopped her asking to wear mine. Expensive tactic mind you!

We share a Ploprof - it's a real eye-catcher when she wears it to formal events.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    My wife hates most of my watches so no, she wouldn't wear them if I paid her to.
    My wife likes my watches in a kind of, they are nice dear.

But, she could not have less of an interest in anything horology related if she tried.

I wonder if there's a correlation between those who share watches with their female partners and those who are keen on their partner strapping on something more than just a watch.