closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watches and Wonder April 7th

Master

Watches and Wonder April 7th

I realise that none of you are interested in Rolex but new releases April 7th of 40 leading brands.

https://www.watchesandwonders.com/en

Marked in the calendar... Will be quite interesting actually to be able to attend it without traveling

Sounds excellent. Just after my birthday - so definitely a cue to put a name on a waiting list lol
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Sounds excellent. Just after my birthday - so definitely a cue to put a name on a waiting list lol
    Yep looking forward to it.

Soon there will be all the Rolex predictions across all the forums - GMT coke. New Explorer 11. Green sky maybe.

Master
    One month away :-)

Really looking forward to seeing the new Explorer II and what else pops up on Oysterflex.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Yep looking forward to it.

Soon there will be all the Rolex predictions across all the forums - GMT coke. New Explorer 11. Green sky maybe.
    Still waiting for the 3-10

I realise that none of you are interested in Rolex but new releases April 7th of 40 leading brands.

https://www.watchesandwonders.com/en
    How do you get access to this??

Cheers,
    Chris.

Never mind. Just seen, invite only :(

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Master
    Come on, Tudor BB58 GMT

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Come on, Tudor BB58 GMT

+1 would be very interested in that or a green bezel version of the 58.

Interested in the exp II replacement and to see if the go with the large explorer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2982 View Post
    How do you get access to this??

Cheers,
    Chris.

Never mind. Just seen, invite only :(

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk
    IS WATCHES AND WONDERS GENEVA 2021 DIGITAL EVENT, A PRIVATE EVENT ?

As of April 7th, you will be able to access on the public pages of the website even if you are not registered. On these pages you will find publications of the participating brands as well as as a daily retrospect in the morning show.

PARTICIPATING BRANDS

| A. LANGE & SÖHNE | ARNOLD & SON | BAUME & MERCIER | BVLGARI | CARL F. BUCHERER | CARTIER | CHANEL | CHOPARD | CHRONOSWISS | CORUM | FERDINAND BERTHOUD | GREUBEL FORSEY | H. MOSER & CIE. | HERMÈS | HUBLOT | IWC SCHAFFHAUSEN | JAEGER-LECOULTRE | LOUIS MOINET | LOUIS VUITTON | MAURICE LACROIX | MONTBLANC | NOMOS GLASHÜTTE | ORIS | PANERAI | PATEK PHILIPPE | PIAGET | PURNELL | REBELLION TIMEPIECES | RESSENCE | ROGER DUBUIS | ROLEX | SPEAKE-MARIN | TAG HEUER | TRILOBE | TUDOR | ULYSSE NARDIN | VACHERON CONSTANTIN | ZENITH
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 1st March 2021 at 20:14.

Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    Come on, Tudor BB58 GMT
    Seems inevitable.

I'd really like a revised Black Bay 41. Something a bit thinner.

Master
    Explorer 2 has to be the most anticipated, I’d be amazed if there isn’t something new there.

A 58 GMT would be difficult to avoid buying!

As a left field hope, I’d love to see someone announce a sector dial watch in the £5k ish range (JLC aside).

Craftsman
    I can’t see a bb58 gmt coming. What movement would they use? The bb gmt movement is approx 6mm wider and > 2.5mm thicker than the 58 movement so that isn’t a fit. Would they have developed a brand new movement again? I’m dubious.

Why would they release new Explorer II?

The Explorer is the one due for update since is the older of the two current models. Or do they count the 2016 dial as an update?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toshk View Post
    Why would they release new Explorer II?

The Explorer is the one due for update since is the older of the two current models. Or do they count the 2016 dial as an update?
    It's the 50th anniversary of the explorer II so if they were going to do something big, it would be this year. Didn't they release the ceramic sub for its 50th? Maybe we'll finally see the long rumoured ceramic explorer II

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    I do think the Explorer 1 will change. 41mm and new movement perhaps. I hope the size doesn’t increase though personally.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wuyangkid View Post
    It's the 50th anniversary of the explorer II so if they were going to do something big, it would be this year. Didn't they release the ceramic sub for its 50th? Maybe we'll finally see the long rumoured ceramic explorer II

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
    That’s what I’d put my money on. They like 50th’s!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    I can’t see a bb58 gmt coming. What movement would they use? The bb gmt movement is approx 6mm wider and > 2.5mm thicker than the 58 movement so that isn’t a fit. Would they have developed a brand new movement again? I’m dubious.
    I agree and also think that a GMT 58 will not be happening.
    They might be able to reduce the diameter of the movement but I am not so sure about the thickness. The extra features of the GMT hand and the date probably require increased amounts of torque and hence, a thicker spring possibly. I am sure someone will correct me!

They also need to be mindful to not jeopardise the big brothers position and allure!

Despite the above, I am secretly hoping I am wrong...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Fairly sure it’s a photoshop but there’s quite a few pictures of the new supposed 41mm Daytona going around the internet with a silver face and blue dials. Rolex forums have 147 threads on it :-)

Curious as to what make over Rolex would have to do to the movement to increase the size? I asked someone this question in the AD I deal with and they didn’t know, but felt that increasing the size of say a sub would be straight forward, but with a Daytona, due to the dials and movements it’s a whole new ball game and would need totally reworking. As I said he didn’t profess to know and neither do I, so wonder whether anyone here knows?

That Daytona is a (badly) doctored image. Amazing how so many on TRF fall for it.

Master
    Yep you’re right it is badly doctored, but that’s what got me thinking about the movement.

All I want to see is a 38mm Tudor Ranger with white lume. Scrap the red seconds hand, keep is super clean.

This was mentioned in another thread and It’s been on my mind ever since.

Fairly sure it’s a photoshop but there’s quite a few pictures of the new supposed 41mm Daytona going around the internet with a silver face and blue dials. Rolex forums have 147 threads on it :-)

Curious as to what make over Rolex would have to do to the movement to increase the size? I asked someone this question in the AD I deal with and they didn’t know, but felt that increasing the size of say a sub would be straight forward, but with a Daytona, due to the dials and movements it’s a whole new ball game and would need totally reworking. As I said he didn’t profess to know and neither do I, so wonder whether anyone here knows?

Seen this picture cant see them updating the Daytona after 5 years not that anyone can get one

They won’t, but could you imagine what a 116500 would be worth if they did? It would be wild.

Master

Watches and Wonder April 7th

It sounds crazy to discontinue the most in demand watch in the range. Can’’t imagine any top Swiss brand doing that! ;)

Master
    A week away - anyone seen any teasers?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by taz11 View Post
    Seen this picture cant see them updating the Daytona after 5 years not that anyone can get one
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Case View Post
    They won’t, but could you imagine what a 116500 would be worth if they did? It would be wild.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    A week away - anyone seen any teasers?
    I’m going to go out on a limb here and call the new Daytona. I’ll caveat that like everyone (apart from Rolex) I don’t know for certain . . . However someone Ive known for a long time has told me they think it’s happening. They think the pictures are real and it’s been discussed in advance in case it’s true. They also think it will be a similar scenario to Patek’s most desirable models (where you have to buy a Patek to get the Patek you want) and that to get one as well as being an existing valued customer, there will be conditions. I’ve not asked the owner of the AD I deal with as I know he wouldn’t say even if he knew, but the person that told me is very straight and has always said it like it is. They don’t normally say things unless they are fairly certain. Anyway we’ll all know in a week. If it’s true it will of course fuel the ‘don’t play the Rolex game’ haters, whereas Rolex will probably end up playing another blinder and become even more desirable!

The irony for me is that on Rolex forums someone annually asks what your dream Rolex would be. Every year I say a 42mm blue dial steel Daytona - maybe Mr Rolex has listened to me :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    All I want to see is a 38mm Tudor Ranger with white lume. Scrap the red seconds hand, keep is super clean.

This was mentioned in another thread and It’s been on my mind ever since.
    We can but hope.

Journeyman
    A black bay 58 with a non riveted bracelet and a glide lock system is on my wish list, not that it will happen.