closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay and RMSD delay

Master

eBay and RMSD delay

I'm wondering if anyone has seen similar and what I should do next. I sold a watch on eBay. It was a cheapie so not overly worried about the finance, but would like to clear up the uncertainty. I sent it RMSD. Over two week (16 days to be exact) later it is still showing as pending delivery. I contacted the buyer twice and no reply. I'm unsure what to do next.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he is unwell, hence the lack of communication and the inability to accept the delivery. Very possible in the current situation.
    If he changed his mind, fair enough, but I offered two weeks return anyway. I suppose this saves him the cost of return postage.
    The online tracking information is vague. I visited the post office and they referred me to the local Royal Mail depot.

I'm not sure this helps but I missed a delivery the other day and previously RM would simply try again the next day as all collection depots were closed.

I received the red card and have been waiting for it be redelivered this week but only just noticed today that you need to go onlne and book the redelivery. I wouldn't have had a clue if I hadn't checked the card.

Doesn't explain your buyer's slience though.

Master
    Thanks for the reply. That is one possibility I was considering, he missed the delivery. I've messaged him again and I'm also going to see if Royal Mail can add any insight.

Contact RM with the tracking number and see if they have any additional info. At the moment signatures are not being requested on delivery, but the Post Man should be scanning the package on delivery to update the system - and this is the case even if delivery wasn't possible. If it hasn't been delivered this should prompt RM customer services to contact the depot that are responsible for the delivery to get an update.

Think the tracking is all over the place at the moment.

sold two watches recently using RMSD and both still show as effectively undelivered. One was on eBay too and only realised the buyer had got it when they left positive feedback. Tracking still shows pending to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Think the tracking is all over the place at the moment.

sold two watches recently using RMSD and both still show as effectively undelivered. One was on eBay too and only realised the buyer had got it when they left positive feedback. Tracking still shows pending to this day.
    This ^. I've had exactly the same, item posted three weeks ago. Ebay is still saying item despatched and royal mail is still saying accepted at post office, but positive feedback from buyer a week ago and a message to say he was very happy with the item.

Master
    The RM is seriously under staffed due to covid. Parcels and letters are there but lying around in trollies going nowhere. This is made worse by online shopping, so volumes are up and staffing is down. Lost mail and parcels is a very rare occurrence and I had a tracked parcel sent from Spain to the UK which only showed parcel check into Spainish pick up point and nothing else. It arrived 5 weeks later.

Master
    The issue was Royal Mail tracking. I spoke to them and they had a record of an attempted delivery but no information after that. They are going to investigate.

Then after reading a few replies below (thanks all) I decided to check the seller's account. He had received and sold on the watch, so all good on that point. Just annoying he didn't reply to me.