closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying From Spain - Longines Legend Diver Limited Edition

Craftsman

Buying From Spain - Longines Legend Diver Limited Edition

Just spotted the Longines Legend Diver Spain Limited Edition, but you can only buy them in Spain !
    Now the UK is not part of Europe, if I was to order one from a Spanish dealer would I need to pay taxes / duties once the package arrives in the UK ?
    I suppose right now customs would be hot on this sort of thing

[IMG][/IMG]

Craftsman
    This is the bit that is confusing me :

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad

it states
    "Your responsibilities
    You may have to pay VAT, Customs Duty or Excise Duty on goods sent from outside the European Union (EU) before you can collect them"

It clearly states outside the EU

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    This is the bit that is confusing me :

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad

it states
    "Your responsibilities
    You may have to pay VAT, Customs Duty or Excise Duty on goods sent from outside the European Union (EU) before you can collect them"

It clearly states outside the EU
    At the top, it says “this page is out of date”.

Substitute outside the EU with outside the UK and the statement above will be correct.

You’ll be liable for VAT on top of the purchase and delivery price in the same way as buying from anywhere else in the world.

Just spotted the Longines Legend Diver Spain Limited Edition, but you can only buy them in Spain !
    Now the UK is not part of Europe, if I was to order one from a Spanish dealer would I need to pay taxes / duties once the package arrives in the UK ?
    I suppose right now customs would be hot on this sort of thing

[IMG][/IMG]
    Given there are first hand accounts of people paying vat / duties on goods they have bought from EU sellers across various news outlets I’d say definitely yes.

Craftsman
    If it is new and from an official dealer, I believe Spain VAT 21% will be deducted if sent outside of the EU.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Soom View Post
    If it is new and from an official dealer, I believe Spain VAT 21% will be deducted if sent outside of the EU.
    That's sort of how I understand it, you don't pay vat twice, once in the supplying country and then again in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Soom View Post
    Yep - you might have to talk to the dealer to get this done, but in theory yes if it's new and from an official dealer:)

That's sort of how I understand it, you don't pay vat twice, once in the supplying country and then again in the U.K.
    If you do ask the retailer if it will zero rate it for export outside of the EU, I’d be interested in knowing how you get on.

I had no luck with a German business, although it was a second hand watch, so i assume a margin scheme would have applied.

If Spanish VAT is 21%, then the price excluding VAT will be the advertised price minus 17.355%

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I bought from a German company 2 weeks ago and they simply deducted their VAT. I paid FedEx British VAT after delivery.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I bought from a German company 2 weeks ago and they simply deducted their VAT. I paid FedEx British VAT after delivery.

strictly speaking - the EU company (just) does not add VAT on export (rather than deducting it). Semantics I think - effect is the same.

Craftsman
    If it's a Spanish limited edition, will they export it?.

If it's new, dealer should deduct Vat on export, and you pay Duty and Vat on import to the UK

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post

Very similar experience here. I bought a watch from France which had the VAT removed. When it arrived in Jersey I paid the GST to Jersey customs.

To the OP - Yes, of course, that's what we are signed up to now we've withdrawn from the EU.

However, the retailer in Spain should (well, may, I guess - I suppose they're not obliged to deal with you) remove ( or not add) their local sales tax from (to) the price, meaning you'll pay less initially and then pay extra when HMCE get to hear about it (via the shipper, who will also take a fee for 'handlng').

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?