closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC & 2021 Goals

Journeyman

SOTC & 2021 Goals

Quite day working from home so I thought I would share my modest collection in its current state. I think the next few months are going to see some changes, planning on consolidating 2 or 3 watches and using the cash to pick up something interesting

From left to right, in order of the amount of time I've had them

Seiko SNK809
    One of the first mechanical watches I bought nearly 15 years ago. This is my travel beater

Junghans Ultrasafe
    Cheap eBay purchase - Lovely little thing with an ETA movement but hasn't been worn for the last few years so moving it on to make room for something new

Sinn 356
    Had this for 3 years now and gets more wear than anything else

Omega Cal 601 Handwound watch
    Omega Gold Seamaster
    Found these under my dad's bed a couple of years ago from his days doing antiques and house clearance. Had them both serviced and have been wearing the Seamaster as my dress watch when the occasion has arisen.
    Moving the hand-wound Omega as it doesn't get worn and doesn't suit my style

Rolex OP
    Bought brand new in December in advance of my wedding which was subsequently postponed. Its cool and I'm enjoying wearing it at lockdown at home

SKX013
    Bought after placing a WTB up after Christmas - fun little piece but I'm not sure if I will keep it
    Last edited by Ummar01; 27th January 2021 at 16:38.

Journeyman
    'm hoping to sell at least two watches and his year to try and re-buy a watch I regret selling; LeJour Pasadena chronograph. I made decent money on the sale but I want to try and find one now as I genuinely miss it. Would love a Heuer but these have crept outside my budget...
    Last edited by Ummar01; 27th January 2021 at 17:41.

Nothing modest about that collection. Some lovely watches there.

I'm always amazed when I look at other peoples SOTC's, I see a couple of watches that I think I'd be happy with if I downsized and exited the hobby. Rolex OP and 356 would cover the bases for me personally.

I previously owned the 356 copper dial but moved it on quite quickly for no other reason than raising the cash for the next watch that had caught my eye. Think I will add it to the list of regrets as, from memory, I practically gave it away when selling.

Journeyman
    Thanks!

The 356 has been my daily wear for last few years. I've been toying with switching out but it's just so easy to wear
    Haven't bonded fully with the OP yet, but I can see that get heavy wear in the future

Nice collection As RLE, nothing modest about the collection. Never owned a Sinn, that 356 is very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman

Found a pic of the LeJour / Heuer, I regret selling. It was a Lejour that had been redialled as a Heuer
    Last edited by Ummar01; 27th January 2021 at 17:50.

Nice collection - the Junghans has a lot of character!