closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: No No Time to die Omega?

No No Time to die Omega?

Now this is not a decent source but even a rag like this can get stuff right now and again:
    The details of the gadgets and things are all kept tightly under wraps, but everyone knows that James Bond always carries the latest kit with him. The problem is that some of those things were the very latest models back when they started filming. But by the time the movie comes out now it will look like Daniel Craig and all of the other cast members are carrying something that has been out for ages. That isn’t really the point of these deals. The big tech firms want the stars to have all the new up-and-coming products to help promote them and sell them to fans. It means some of the scenes are going to have to be very carefully edited and looked at to bring things up to date.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...acement-deals/

Watches age more slowly but could Bond actually be wearing a different model by the time this comes out given the intended watch will be two years old at that point?

Personally I doubt they'll change it unless the delay plays into a contract that is in Omega's favour to get them something for nothing and promote another watch.

It's money for nothing at this point, I imagine changing it would be counter productive. It's selling very well at the moment, but once the film is released the watches will sell like deep fried heroin in Glasgow.
    Saying that, the bracelet has changed recently due to reported breakages, so they may well do a couple of digital alterations if the watch is shown in closeup detail. Perhaps.

Plus 2 years isn't really that long in watch terms. In Omega terms it's only about 14 special edition Speedies.
    Last edited by jimmbob; 27th January 2021 at 15:00.

The Omega has been out on sale for so long that the patina on the lume is now real and not vintage coloured luminova...

No, no, no, no, no time to die...?

https://youtu.be/BpjqjTaE-Uw?t=25

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    Now this is not a decent source...
    Re 'decent sources': it was discussed on 'Lorraine' on ITV yesterday morning. That's the hotspot for Bond gossip...
    ______

​Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    The Omega has been out on sale for so long that the patina on the lume is now real and not vintage coloured luminova...
    brutal comment haha

Journeyman
    Zero chance of there actually being reshoots just to update product placements. Don't think viewers will care either way...

Master
    I could see it with a mobile phone (think of the banana phone on The Matrix), but not on a watch, especially as it was sold as a Bond special edition

Quote Originally Posted by A.T. View Post
    Zero chance of there actually being reshoots just to update product placements. Don't think viewers will care either way...
    I suspect they might just cgi stuff in. Although viewers might not care - I suspect Nokia is not interested in paying to showcase a discontinued phone...

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbob View Post
    It's money for nothing at this point, I imagine changing it would be counter productive. It's selling very well at the moment, but once the film is released the watches will sell like deep fried heroin in Glasgow.
    Saying that, the bracelet has changed recently due to reported breakages, so they may well do a couple of digital alterations if the watch is shown in closeup detail. Perhaps.

Plus 2 years isn't really that long in watch terms. In Omega terms it's only about 14 special edition Speedies.
    I don't think this has received the recognition it deserves!
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    haha brilliant