closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ladies watches recommendations

Ladies watches recommendations

Hi all

My wife and I just had our first baby in December, and with her birthday in fastly approaching in March, I thought I'd buy her a nice watch to commemorate the occasion.

She currently has a 28mm two-tone diamond dial Datejust, and a steel Cartier Tank as her only watches, so I'd like something a little more casual/sporty/funky. I think she'd lovely the 36mm OP in any of the pink, yellow, or bright blue dials, but I'm loathed if I'm paying 50% over RRP for one, and there's almost zero chance I'd secure one at an AD in time!

I wonder if anybody has any other suggestions? I've looked at a few of the Omega's, which do look like, although I suspect some might look outdated quite quickly. Open to any suggestions really, and a budget of no more than £5k ideally. She has TINY wrists, so buying a 38mm men's watch is probably out of the question; even 36mm is probably pushing it a little.

Thanks!

Master
    green dial 32mm breitling chronomat?

Ulysse Nardin Classico?

As ever with these threads, the watch you should be looking for is the one she wants - ask her, sit down with her, show her some options. I appreciate this takes away the spontaneity, but at least she'll end up with something that she likes.

Master
    Older Air king 34mm with a salmon dial, something like the below. My wife loved the look of it.

30mm Chopard Happy Diamonds on leather is on your budget.

31mm Tudor Glamour Date with diamond set dial & bezel on bracelet is also on budget. In fact, there's loads of Tudors, including 32mm Black Bays.
    ______

​Jim.

Craftsman
    Congrats on the new arrival.

I don’t wish to change the direction of your thinking, however have you asked the wife what she would like? Is it a mile-stone birthday?

With a new baby on-site and if anything like my wife, I am sure her attention will be dragged away from her wrist, especially to the degree you are thinking. For watches, I would personally consider an Apple Watch, style in a way she would like, I find these sporty and can be funky to a degree. I would also consider booking sometime for you guys to get away somewhere, or something where she can relax, like a spa day. I know we don’t know when lockdown will end, but having something special to look forward to, is a double bonus.

For what it’s worth, I would prefer a watch for my present but women seem to think differently :)

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Pink and yellow dial OP's are easier to get hold of than the turquoise. Might be worth a baby story to a Rolex AD, sometimes they can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    Older Air king 34mm with a salmon dial, something like the below. My wife loved the look of it.

+1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Any man who asks a bunch of other men, mainly over the age of 50, for a watch suitable for his wife is walking into a minefield. Take her to a decent shop or shops and let her choose. Then finish off by taking her out for a decent lunch.

You can bet your bottom Dollar that most of the old geezers here have as much sense on womens fashion as Jeremy Corbyn.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    Any man who asks a bunch of other men, mainly over the age of 50, for a watch suitable for his wife is walking into a minefield. Take her to a decent shop or shops and let her choose. Then finish off by taking her out for a decent lunch.
    In theory a great idea, albeit lacking surprise. When I bought my wife her engagement ring, i did it solo. I then brought her back to the shop to have it sized and while they were doing that we went for a very good lunch. But at the moment this is limited to shopping online and a take away sandwich from Costa. :)

Master
    This is one of the loveliest women's watches in my opinion