closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Defender key fob

Defender key fob

I know there are a few Land Rover folk here including one or two in the trade. Basically my key fob’s battery has died. On opening it, its shell has all but disintegrated. It’s the two button type as pictured below.

Had it been Mrs Draft’s Evoque with the 5 button key fob there seem to be plenty of places that sell a replacement aftermarket case for the price of a couple of Starbucks coffees. Unfortunately the equivalent for the two button type seem to be like rocking horse doodoo unless I buy a small consignment (minimum order 5) from China.

If anyone can suggest where I’ll find just one even if I have to order it from the Far East that would be excellent!

It’s crazy but Land Rover don’t supply these cases, I’ve looked extensively for an alternative but have failed on more than one occasion. If you should find anywhere please let me know.

Edit: if you should have to buy in some bulk I’d be interested in having the rest off of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Thank you- look like they have all been snapped up unfortunately. These are the aftermarket shells that the nice folk in China only sell in multiples.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Thank you- look like they have all been snapped up unfortunately. These are the aftermarket shells that the nice folk in China only sell in multiples.
    Did you message him, as the last post on the first page appears he found a couple more?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex L View Post
    Did you message him, as the last post on the first page appears he found a couple more?
    And likely sold on Page 2!

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry View Post
    And likely sold on Page 2!
    That appears to be the case unfortunately. I’ve joined that forum now having drawn a complete blank on eBay and Amazon.

Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Cheers

Simon

Ralph Waldo Emerson: We ask for long life, but 'tis deep life, or noble moments that signify. Let the measure of time be spiritual, not mechanical.

Great find Simon- thank you! A replacement shell from China is on its way to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by draftsmann View Post
    Great find Simon- thank you! A replacement shell from China is on its way to me now.
    Brilliant, glad my google fu was strong this time
    Cheers

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by WORKSIMON View Post
    Brilliant, glad my google fu was strong this time
    It certainly was! Strange that it didn’t come up on a “worldwide” search on eBay UK- I guess the seller only paid for it to be marketed on the Australian eBay.