closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone driven a Fiat 500 Twinair with Dualogic trans?

Master

Anyone driven a Fiat 500 Twinair with Dualogic trans?

Mrs G wants a car and has her eye on a Fiat 500 but she also says she wants an automatic. I’ve read that the Dualogic box can be jerky in such a small car and also that the Twinair (twin cylinder turbo 875cc) engine is the one to go for.

Covid restrictions prevent me from test driving so I’m looking for real life experience of driving this set up. Getting ready to buy something unseen and feeling a bit uncomfortable!

Thanks

The missus has the twin air, but manual. They aren’t frugal (apart from the old “official” figures, and I’m not sure I’d choose the engine again.

Sorry no experience of the Dualogic though.
    It's just a matter of time...

Sorry not driven the auto but I’m a plus one for the economy being poor, I had a twin air as a hire car once, the Ford eco boost 1.0, VAG Group 1.0 TSI or Vauxhall Corsa 1.0 Turbo are all way better to mention a few. If it’s cuteness she is after I’d look at a Mini, my wife’s Cooper S DCT is great.

Master
    Oh well, it wouldn’t have been my choice but it’s what we are getting. Will have to see as it arrives next week!

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a fun car, and regularly better than 40mpg in slow moving traffic. It’s also pretty nippy, especially for an 875cc. But I’ve no idea how the professional drivers managed to get over 70mpg out of one. By contrast on the old triple VW diesel I managed over 70mpg average on one tank, once :)

My missus really likes the car, and it’s probably better mpg than all but my petrol/hybrid, in all the cars I’ve owned, bar motorway driving in the diesels.

Master
    I’ve read that the real world MPG is nowhere near the official figs but we’re not too bothered as it will be rarely used. Possibly 3k miles per year. Mrs G wants one because of the cute factor and she will no longer drive a manual. The odd thing is that the tiny 875cc engine is more powerful than the 1200cc so I am hoping it does an acceptable job of powering the auto transmission (which I understand is actually a robotised manual box and not a true auto). Should be interesting!

Should be absolutely fine. I’ve never had an issue with the power or acceleration. They’re surprisingly sprightly, and seem very popular here; I keep seeing them more and more since picking it up.