closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for a set of speakers for my office help

Craftsman

Looking for a set of speakers for my office help

Hi

Looking for some advice on some Active Studio/PC speakers for my office mainly for listening to music from my PC

Sub £75
    Power and volume controls must be on front or side for easy access

Cheers
    Neil

We could do you a good price on any of the PreSonus Eris range?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8955731

I've got these. They do a Bluetooth version if you need it. Don't expect audiophile quantity but they are better than most.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Obviously you can't go to any store to check out. A best buy search was somewhat pointless as everybody has their own ideas of what's best. Some including ludicrous prices on some models

Best suggestion is a run through of best of 2020 selections and see what brand/model is mentioned the most in the various reviews

Logitech always seems to pop up

Good for background listening, but don't expect great sound.

DON

I’ve got the smallest Presonos Eris’s and they’re great, well worth the money, and with a good sound, and I listen more critically than most.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilo View Post
    Hi

Looking for some advice on some Active Studio/PC speakers for my office mainly for listening to music from my PC

Sub £75
    Power and volume controls must be on front or side for easy access

Cheers
    Neil
    I find the 4th Gen Echo to be a very good computer speaker, and with Amazon subsidizing the cost a real bargain as well. Volume up/down and microphone mute are right on top.

Logitech Z207 for £45 or Bose Companion 2 Series III for £89. If you're lucky you can find the Bose for £85 but a few places are sold out.

I have these - paid 20 pre lockdown but they work OK and are cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That said I am sure the Bose ones be a big step up

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    I have these - paid 20 pre lockdown but they work OK and are cheap.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That said I am sure the Bose ones be a big step up
    I was reading and watching reviews all afternoon and these are meant to be the ones to get if you find the Logitech speakers too big. Pound for pound they will probably be better than the Logitech and the Bose.

Craftsman

Logitech Z533

I picked up one of these second hand so am not sure of their price/availability but there is one on Amazon at just over £100. Very good sound quality and not too bulky.

Just over £80 from here
    Last edited by hops; 26th January 2021 at 00:28.

Craftsman

Looking for a set of speakers for my office help

Presonus and Edifier usually sell good quality speakers at reasonable prices. Do a Google search for the two brands and see what options pop up.

Craftsman
    These are excellent for the price in my opinion. Bought them late last year and very pleased.

https://www.gear4music.com/Recording...tors-Pair/2UFE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Presonus E3.5s I bought for some light monitoring and mixing as well as general listening for the study have been excellent. Great sound, the bluetooth works faultlessly. Think they were about £80

Before that I had some Audioengine A2+ which were also excellent until they stopped, never to work again. Just wouldn't power up, out of warranty most annoying.
    Last edited by Meesterbond; 26th January 2021 at 18:22.

Just one comment - pay close attention to what input connectors the speakers have. The afore mentioned Presonus Eris 3.5, for example, have unbalanced RCA, and balanced TRS connectors. RCA are probably the simplest to connect up.

Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs: Balanced vs. Unbalanced Audio: What's The Difference?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    The Presonus E3.5s I bought for some light monitoring and mixing as well as general listening for the study have been excellent. Great sound, the bluetooth works faultlessly. Think they were about £80

Before that I had some Audioengine A2+ which were also excellent until they stopped, never to work again. Just wouldn't power up, out of warranty most annoying.
    It is probably the power supply that failed on the A2's - you should be able to pick up another easily.
    I have a few sets of Audioengine A2's & they are great active speakers in a small package - power supply failed on one set a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    It is probably the power supply that failed on the A2's - you should be able to pick up another easily.
    I have a few sets of Audioengine A2's & they are great active speakers in a small package - power supply failed on one set a few years ago.
    I ended up buying a replacement power supply as I thought the same but no luck. No more life with the new one either.

Craftsman
    Thanks for all the help

I ended up getting the PreSonus Eris 3.5s from Jonathan/jpjsavage

They sound great and feel really well made

N
    Last edited by Neilo; 1st February 2021 at 22:03.