closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Winter Glove recommendations

Master

Winter Glove recommendations

As per the title, looking for a very good water repellent winter glove.

Really needs excellent thermal properties as the ends of my fingers really suffer after while in a lot of gloves. I’ve got a pretty good wool, thermal glove for dry conditions, would really like some thoughts on a more water repellent version for wetter days.

Have been looking briefly at Sealskinz and Montane. Don’t want anything too bulky like a ski glove, something a bit more urban outdoors would be great.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 for sealskins.

Used in a number of cold climates over the years including Iceland in Feb 2019, -10°C at one point at night.

Still going strong today making snowballs with the kids. Still dry and still warm.

+2 for sealskins, amazing glovves

Master
    Thanks for that, which model in particular?

Master
    +3 for sealskins Ive got the socks as well which are also brilliant in fact I had both on building snowmen today

Craftsman
    +4 for Sealskins

Sealskins are great, also have a look at Hestra. As well as the ski type gloves which I know you’re not after, they also have some great casual type gloves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomers View Post
    Thanks for that, which model in particular?

I couldn't remember so checked their website, they look like the uninsulated all weather type at £45: https://www.sealskinz.com/products/w...-weather-glove

As you can see (along with gratuitous watch shot) they have aged well. A couple of years ago they went white with salt "rings" but again, that went after a few wears in the snow.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I have Sealskins. They are waterproof but they don't breathe like other gloves. My Spyder gloves are warmer and better for general UK use.

I don't find sealskinz cold weather gloves warm enough. Got some tog24 with heat pockets which are better.

If your hands suffer that badly I'd recommend heated motorcycle gloves that just have a small battery integrated, hands warm as toast then.

Timely question
    Been wearing Hestra for years, just bought another pair in the clearance from The sporting Lodge.
    Love these gloves

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    I don't find sealskinz cold weather gloves warm enough. Got some tog24 with heat pockets which are better.
    Exactly my experience.

I'd say you don't really need fully waterproof gloves for day-to-day stuff, my Spyder gloves have never let anything in but they're much warmer.

To give an indication, I leant my Sealskins to someone who was travelling inside the Arctic Circle. I don't use them for daily stuff.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’m diabetic and found sealskins poor on the warmth front,been wearing Hestra for years now ,much better.

I’ve got these montane gloves. They are very warm and pack down to less than an apple. Not totally waterproof though so depends on what sort of balance you want

https://www.montane.com/mens-c1/acce...ism-glove-p949

Master
    I have those exact seal skins superb glove, also have the fully insulated seal skins which are great too