closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Latest model longines hydroconquest

Master

Latest model longines hydroconquest

I'm strangely drawn to this latest rendition (the one with the ceramic bezel and prob 41mm)

Even though the crown guards look uncomfortable and I don't like polished centre links, And I'm not sure why they went for a slightly slower beat movement either.

Any actual owners out there for opinions please?

I think they’ve improved the looks, and quality - of course they’ve pushed the prices a little too.

I believe Longines are now something like the third biggest selling watch brand, behind Rolex and Omega, but ahead of Cartier, which really surprised me.

The slower beat was the easiest way to increase the power reserve, and keep servicing times the same. Although all Silicon equipped models are now with a 5 year warranty.

I can’t speak as an owner of the updated Hydroconquest, but I recently bought the updated LLD, which I’m loving more than I expected.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    While I don't know the overall rankings, a quick glance at Wikipedia showed the annual sales listed as approximately: Rolex ($5bn/year), Citizen ($3bn/year) and Longines (under $2bn/year). Omega's sales aren't listed, but Seiko sells over $2bn/year. Does anyone have more accurate info?

I can speak as the owner of the first Longines Hydroconquest (excellent watch, highly recommended). Though the new Hydroconquest Ceramic looks amazing online; I'd love to try one on the wrist.
    Last edited by Dougal; 25th January 2021 at 18:08.

I'm hoping they'll produce a VHP quartz version of the HydroConquest with the updated case and ceramic bezel at some point, an all-ceramic VHP version being too much to hope for...

Craftsman
    I have been looking at the new black dial 41mm, RRP of £1300. As nobody seems to pay the RRP around here except for Rolex, how much should I be looking to pay for this?
    Thanks in advance.

The bezel insert looks like an improvement and overall the watch looks less blingy which was always what put me off, along with the awful crown and guards that look unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedyexplorer View Post
    I have been looking at the new black dial 41mm, RRP of £1300. As nobody seems to pay the RRP around here except for Rolex, how much should I be looking to pay for this?
    Thanks in advance.
    20% off is easy

Longines pricing is an anomaly. They should be FAR more expensive than they are if compared to Tag, Breitling, Omega etc. I find them exceptional value for money, even more so than Tudor. The Heritage range is magnificent and they outdo Omega with the ridiculously oversized boxset also in that range!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    They definitely look cleaner and less cluttered now. That's one of the reasons I sold mine years ago, the dial looked too busy.

The green model looks pretty sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan*S View Post
    They definitely look cleaner and less cluttered now. That's one of the reasons I sold mine years ago, the dial looked too busy.

The green model looks pretty sexy.
    I had to look pretty hard to notice the absence of the inner indexes.

It's not a game changer for me (I certainly wouldn't spend money to replace my early model with this one), but I think I agree that it's a cleaner look.

I'm not entirely sold on ceramic bezels either - They're so ubiquitous now that an aluminium bezel is actually a nice novelty

I ordered a KS diver recently and one option was to replace the Ion plated Steel bezel with a ceramic one, but a big part of the appeal for me was the different look of the bezel, so. obviously I didn't bother!

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Just noticed WoS have the ceramic-cased Hydroconquest in their sale - £2,400 from £3,030. Out of my reach, but could be good for someone.

Master
    I don't understand the love for ceramic cases. Especially on a diver . One hard knock or drop and bang goes the case...and if you are under water even worse!!

Master
    For those of us who don’t get on with steel, a ceramic case would make a change from titanium. Also, ceramic’s scratch resistance is a selling point.

But I agree about the risk of damage to a ceramic case; I’d buy an affordable ceramic timepiece if such a watch existed!