closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Lifeboat Station Project - Photographic Tour of all RNLI Stations

Lifeboat Station Project - Photographic Tour of all RNLI Stations

I know there’s a lot of interest around here in photography, and have seen a few comments previously supporting the RNLI, but hadn’t seen this on the site, so here we go.

The project started 5 years ago, and consists of the photographer, Jack Lowe, traveling round every lifeboat station, and taking a standard selection of photographs for each station, using a Victorian era glass plate method. The photos are stunning, and I was fortunate to be gifted 2 for Christmas this year. They are now hanging pride of place in my house, and I couldn’t be happier with them.

https://lifeboatstationproject.com/

Hope you enjoy the pictures, and if any of you do buy any, you will be very impressed with Jack’s service - he’s a very amiable chap. Plus he’s Captain Manwarings grandson, so that gives him bonus points in my eyes..!

Ash
    Last edited by AshUK; 23rd January 2021 at 17:40.

Great link thanks for that - saw someone I recognised (in one of the crew shots) so that was nice!

Tempted with the Selsey Lifeboat Station photos, brought back happy childhood memories when we used to watch the Selsey Birdman Challenge held every year from the pier.