closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seamaster 120 - 37mm - thoughts? Alternatives?

Craftsman

Seamaster 120 - 37mm - thoughts? Alternatives?

My eye has been caught by the Seamaster 120 37mm dive watch. Perfect look. Perfect size.

But...

A two second look shows the market is awash with fakes and frankensteins .... and prices, even for poor condition, just look silly. The nearest modern equivalent I can spot is the small Oris 65 .... very nice, but reportedly poor lume and, in my assessment, an instant big depreciation.

Any thoughts? Alternative similar watches?

One alternative is the Rado Captain Cook 37mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    One alternative is the Rado Captain Cook 37mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, yes; nice. I've not seen one in the flesh, but they read as though the bezel is sloped inwards, rather than outwards, the effect of which I can't quite imagine. Is that one yours?

I think if you like the 120, buy the 120. Just take your time and find the right one for you.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    Thanks, yes; nice. I've not seen one in the flesh, but they read as though the bezel is sloped inwards, rather than outwards, the effect of which I can't quite imagine. Is that one yours?
    It does slope slightly inwards - hopefully you can see here.

By the way - if you pick up the Grey Ghost it comes with three straps in the box (leather, leather NATO, nylon NATO).

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I think if you like the 120, buy the 120. Just take your time and find the right one for you.
    agreed - and compared to a lot of other watches I wouldn't say their prices are 'silly' at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Brauner Hund View Post
    No, not mine I’m afraid. The vintage Seiko divers like the 6309 and 7548 have the inward sloping bezel and I think the effect is quite nice.

Journeyman
    Difficult as nobody is making that tonneau style with normal lugs gap that the 120 has. As above do your research and you should find a nice one There’s some good threads on buying these on the internet!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Thanks all, for thoughts... meanwhile, scanning the forum, I spotted a thread on WMT watches; their Seadiver, at 38mm and customisable looks to be a perfect solution.