closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Zenith Chronomaster Sport

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by petay993 View Post
    Just ordered mine from Rox.

They had one left in physical stock, black dial bracelet model which was my preference as I have a white Daytona. Will be with me Sunday pm.
    It was YOU!!! They said someone was in the process of ordering!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    It was YOU!!! They said someone was in the process of ordering!
    Sorry, fastest finger first

Rox were amazed to receive two pieces before the major chains. One white one black on bracelet. I have had a couple of watches from them and a decent contact so got straight in when someone kindly mentioned they held stock earlier.

Master
    Can I ask what if any discount they did on this one?

Can't wait to see pics, anyway - please do post some.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Can I ask what if any discount they did on this one?

Can't wait to see pics, anyway - please do post some.
    When I was asking rox were selling at retail - the buyer may have got a deal if he had history with them.

I see you can just go the the zenith website and order with free delivery / return if you want to buy at retail and cut out the AD.

Master
    Did anybody try any of the Chrono24 sellers listing at a discount?

When I was asking rox were selling at retail - the buyer may have got a deal if he had history with them.

I see you can just go the the zenith website and order with free delivery / return if you want to buy at retail and cut out the AD.
    I considered ordering direct as you get a 1 year warranty uplift and first service thrown in.

No discount off RRP on this one and I am not bothered as I see it as an interesting keeper. I did get some nice extras and a very healthy discount on a non watch related purchase. They also advised the extra year warranty can be added when you register the watch.

They offer 5 years IFC so I took it as I had to cough up for my 126610 2 weeks ago.

They have promised it for Sunday so I will get some thoughts and a few pics up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Did anybody try any of the Chrono24 sellers listing at a discount?
    See #193. March/April delivery and not guaranteed!

I wasn’t going to let my money sit in a Chrono24 escrow account for that long.

I can wait!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post

I can wait!
    My CC money is now sitting in escrow so 56days to settle - delivery 4-6 weeks from now and no delay expected. It’s worth £1K discount in my book. If it goes Pete Tong - I have the Chrono24 guarantee and will place an order through the Zenith site.

Master
    My CC money is now sitting in escrow so 56days to settle - delivery 4-6 weeks from now and no delay expected. It’s worth £1K discount in my book. If it goes Pete Tong - I have the Chrono24 guarantee and will place an order through the Zenith site.
    I checked today. Zenith site was out of stock.

However I would have done same as you if I was going to buy it. You have the C24 protection.

Look forward to your review!

Well I'm waiting longer than you guys as I've been quoted April and I've paid in full but the AD honoured a 25% discount on the black dial due to a previous issue with them as a make good (could be redeemed on anything except Tudor or Rolex). It is a special order as they haven't listed the Chronomaster on general sale yet.

Please don't name the AD in this public thread as it gets crawled and their PR team picks up on it but you will know who it is when I say they like blue. Just in case it gets anyone in bother there.

At 25% off I'd be safe knowing for sure I'll flip it that I won't take a bath.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It isn’t the fear of losing my money but it is frustrating of it being sat there for 8-12 weeks doing nothing and no guarantee of that delivery timeline!

Blog Entries
    It isn’t the fear of losing my money but it is frustrating of it being sat there for 8-12 weeks doing nothing and no guarantee of that delivery timeline!
    It’s amazing what Zenith have done here. For a brand that typically languishes with sale items for months on end - and even now you can buy NOS from ADs with £2K off MRP - suddenly it has a watch that is out of stock for many months.

I’m not sure if this is a good thing or bad - but I am guessing it can only be a good thing for the brand.

Master
    This may be general knowledge, but if you register a new Zenith on their website, you get a 12 month extension of the standard two year warranty.

Master

Zenith Chronomaster Sport

In the FT Watches & Jewellery section today:

I am quite tempted by the black dial version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more I see this watch the more I like it. Really looking forward to trying one on.

No other complaint but the clasp - you know it will be compared to the Daytona anyway.. why..

Grand Master
    Zenith are a brand I want to like, the few that I’ve worked on (mainly older ones) have impressed me. I’m a big fan of the El Primero, I like the history and design philosophy, its a design classic . The fact that the 20 year old example I own is an extremely good timekeeper reinforces my love for this movement!

However, when I look at the model line- up it leaves me cold, as with the majority of modern watches most are too big for my taste and some of the designs look a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

when I look at the model line- up it leaves me cold, as with the majority of modern watches most are too big for my taste and some of the designs look a mess.

But isn’t that true of almost any/every brand, Paul? Even cars, motorbikes, or anything really. I can find something I like from most brands, but the vast majority of models they sell either do nothing for me, or I’d never consider, from AP to Zenith, and every single watch manufacturer in between.
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    I’ve got the automatic cp2 and I love it , I can’t wait to see the Chronomaster it looks even better.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I just checked the Zenith website and the black dialed version is available on the bracelet or the strap and the white dial is available on the strap for anyone interested in buying direct. Whilst I would usually opt for a bracelet and buy a strap later on, I love the look of the strap on these. I was considering the Zenith Shadow but this is growing on me...

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    But isn’t that true of almost any/every brand, Paul? Even cars, motorbikes, or anything really. I can find something I like from most brands, but the vast majority of models they sell either do nothing for me, or I’d never consider, from AP to Zenith, and every single watch manufacturer in between.
    I think you’re right, but Zenith frustrate me more than most. Just had a quick look at the model line up and I think there’s a glaring gap that could be filled by a Datejust/ OP/Aqua Terra offering, in a range of sizes, dial colours and metals to suit all wrists and pockets.

Craftsman
    Just bumped into these. Amazing. Im glad Zenith have a Daytona look-alike. As the zenith movements were in the early Daytona's they almost have the right. I had a white dialled Daytona and it was the only watch I have ever been scared to wear in fear of scratching it up... I sold it a couple of years ago.

Blog Entries
    Just ordered mine from Rox.

They had one left in physical stock, black dial bracelet model which was my preference as I have a white Daytona. Will be with me Sunday pm.
    Did you get it then?

Did you get it then?
    Yes and regrettably it has gone back this afternoon via DPD as a return.

It is obviously a personal opinion but I considered both the fit and finish of the bracelet SEL's below par for a watch at this price.

YMMV and all that but in private conversation with another early adopter on TRF I am not alone in this view. Perhaps production tolerances will improve as my watch was a very early release example. Unfortunately they had no other stock otherwise I may have switched for a strap model.

I must say the AD, Rox, have provided exemplary service whilst arranging the watch to be returned.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes and regrettably it has gone back this afternoon via DPD as a return.

It is obviously a personal opinion but I considered both the fit and finish of the bracelet SEL's below par for a watch at this price.

YMMV and all that but in private conversation with another early adopter on TRF I am not alone in this view. Perhaps production tolerances will improve as my watch was a very early release example. Unfortunately they had no other stock otherwise I may have switched for a strap model.

I must say the AD, Rox, have provided exemplary service whilst arranging the watch to be returned.
    Thats a shame, but oddly I saw a few videos and thought the end links hinge at the wrong point.

The zenith hinges _—_ while the Daytona hinges —__— which sounds daft but when the bracelet is pulled straight down there is too much of a gap on show.

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Thats a shame, but oddly I saw a few videos and thought the end links hinge at the wrong point.

The zenith hinges _—_ while the Daytona hinges —__— which sounds daft but when the bracelet is pulled straight down there is too much of a gap on show.
    It was for me the shape of the fitted end links, they appeared slightly convex and the brushing was fuzzy. I hate to say it but they reminded me of old school hollow end links when viewed directly from above.

I am admittedly quite fussy about these things so I don't want to put anyone off what is a great effort by Zenith, the watch case and face are stunning, particularly with the gloss black dial but overall the package didn't work out for me. At say 5k-6k then ok maybe but when you start rolling at £8k plus you are going to have to be immaculate or the likes of GS and Rolex are going to show you up.

To be honest it was a bit of an impulse purchase to tide me over lockdown boredom and the interminable wait for the Snoopy 50th.

Master
    It was for me the shape of the fitted end links, they appeared slightly convex and the brushing was fuzzy. I hate to say it but they reminded me of old school hollow end links when viewed directly from above.

I am admittedly quite fussy about these things so I don't want to put anyone off what is a great effort by Zenith, the watch case and face are stunning, particularly with the gloss black dial but overall the package didn't work out for me. At say 5k-6k then ok maybe but when you start rolling at £8k plus you are going to have to be immaculate or the likes of GS and Rolex are going to show you up.

To be honest it was a bit of an impulse purchase to tide me over lockdown boredom and the interminable wait for the Snoopy 50th.
    Any pics of it when you did have it? Would be nice to see a first TZ pic!

Blog Entries
    That’s a shame. I have reverted to getting one direct from Zenith, I’ll try and be open minded at the moment. I guess no quick shots available before you sent it back?
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 1st February 2021 at 22:11.

No sorry I probably should have taken a few although a lot of the photo's out on the review sites are completely representative of the look.

I knew within 2 minutes that I couldn't personally accept the end links and I was pretty disappointed so all efforts went in to sorting out the return.

Had I ordered the strap version then all would probably be well but like most on here I will almost always order the SS bracelet version and add straps, oem or otherwise.

Blog Entries
    ....but like most on here I will almost always order the SS bracelet version and add straps, oem or otherwise.
    same here. I have quite a few straps to switch to anyway

So I saw some decent real world pics on watchprosite - https://www.watchprosite.com/zenith/...5551.12762951/

Have to say the end links and finishing doesn't look too bad.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    So I saw some decent real world pics on watchprosite - https://www.watchprosite.com/zenith/...5551.12762951/

Have to say the end links and finishing doesn't look too bad.....
    I’m on tenterhooks. The watch is coming from Zenith Switzerland. Despatch delays due to Brexit. Will take a couple of weeks even though it’s a stock item.

I’m on tenterhooks. The watch is coming from Zenith Switzerland. Despatch delays due to Brexit. Will take a couple of weeks even though it’s a stock item.
    Fingers crossed it arrives as expected! I still think the bracelet will balance the watch better than a strap.

Master
    I was quite tempted by the bronze flyback version. Amazing value at <4k (IMHO)
    I’d really recommend it. The aged steel version started my fixation with these, leading to the pleasure of buying your CP2 which is just gorgeous and much loved, many thanks.

Look forward to the pics when your Chronomaster arrives.
    Last edited by thebuffoon; 4th February 2021 at 21:37. Reason: Buffon like punctuation from haste

Craftsman

I can wait!
    I thought something was up as soon as I saw them listed below MRSP on Chr24. They said the same to me. I refused.
    If I wasn’t so cynical, some of the greys don’t want competition for the Daytona’s they’re trying to offload at £23k

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I think you’re right, but Zenith frustrate me more than most. Just had a quick look at the model line up and I think there’s a glaring gap that could be filled by a Datejust/ OP/Aqua Terra offering, in a range of sizes, dial colours and metals to suit all wrists and pockets.
    Couldn’t agree more.
    Zenith please keep the skeleton dials away. Far too many of them in their current lineup

Blog Entries
    landing tomorrow.... if RMSD is on time...
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 9th February 2021 at 20:38.

Looking forward to seeing the real photos

Can’t wait to see it Martyn

Likewise, I really like the look of these, real life pics would be nice to see

landing tomorrow.... if RMSD is on time...
    Looking forward.👍

Master
    Sadly, my suspicion is that over time, the Zenith will cost more to own than a Daytona.....residuals do the damage. But it is a good-looking watch.

Journeyman
    Can't wait to see it too. Pics would be appreciated when it arrives Martyn

No sorry I probably should have taken a few although a lot of the photo's out on the review sites are completely representative of the look.

I knew within 2 minutes that I couldn't personally accept the end links and I was pretty disappointed so all efforts went in to sorting out the return.

Had I ordered the strap version then all would probably be well but like most on here I will almost always order the SS bracelet version and add straps, oem or otherwise.
    Strange from Zenith, the bracelet on my defy 21 is amazing (apart from the lack of a micro adjustment)

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Strange from Zenith, the bracelet on my defy 21 is amazing (apart from the lack of a micro adjustment)
    Exactly. Wearing mine today, and it’s incredibly comfortable.
    It's just a matter of time...

Blog Entries
    First impressions. Yummy!!

perfect size for my 17cm wrist. Need to leave stickers on until certain to keep

Master

Looks great in that shot Martyn :-)

That does look a nice watch, the black dial is the one to go for

Master
    I so NEED that watch, absolutely beautiful.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

That’s very nice, the black dial definitely works. I hope they bring out a good summer version to compliment it and the summer outfit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CatalystGuy View Post
    That’s very nice, the black dial definitely works. I hope they bring out a good summer version to compliment it and the summer outfit.

You mean a white dial? - it’s already available mate!