closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenith Chronomaster Sport

Craftsman
    Just seen this, I like it, especially on bracelet, tempting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    There is a possibility this changes the game a little for Zenith. I would be very surprised if we see these selling very far under retail in 2021, new or used. Let’s see how this develops!

I agree with a lot of the comments comparing to the Daytona but I have to say the white dialled version is the pick. I am sure a blue dialled is only a few months away!

I agree with Omegamanic as well as I think I would have preferred the Chronograph hand to be fully Red. I think that really pops and looks great.

I am not sure on the bezel as it is so Daytona but overall it looks good and at a decent discount a phenomenal watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    They are changing though. They’ve reduced their network, increased sales by double digits, and are more heavily involved in AD sales rather than just sales to AD’s as they were in the past. It takes time. It wasn’t that long ago that I could buy Omega watches with 40% off, or Rolex at up to 20% - I’ve even bought a Daytona at 50% off many years ago! Whilst those days are gone (with the exception of a few slower selling Omega lines every now and again), a lesser known brand needs continued recognition and the sales that come from that. I think they’ll continue to improve in the same way that I don’t see the previously crazy sale prices of Hublot or Tag as often as I used to.
    I'm sure I read that China was their biggest market by far (and by extension Chinese tourists)?

Master
    Blog Entries
    My only design issue is the polished centre link, but that’s my issue with the Daytona too.

The black dial for me is stunning, but I bet within a year they will do panda versions which would be even better.

Has anyone had a bracelet like that brushed to an oem level of finish?

Black dial is beauty and would pick this over Daytona any day of the week. Agree about PCLs. Not fond either.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Black dial is beauty and would pick this over Daytona any day of the week. Agree about PCLs. Not fond either.

Ignoring price new and used, my order of preference would be:

White dial (ceramic) bezel Daytona
    Black dial Zenith
    White dial Zenith
    Black dial Daytona.

I really don’t mind brushed or polished centre links, and would just take it as they come.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    So the watch popped up in my news feed today I was impressed with the new look. I am not crazy of white dialed watches in general but the black dial is very much my fancy. I was at the jewelers today and my wife really liked the white dialed Omega PO they had but white isn't for me no matter the brand. This one is tempting due to the El Primero movement having a Zenith with that movement is something I'd really like to have.

I think Zenith made a good design move with this one.

Craftsman
    I think with the overlapping sub dials it still keeps with the Zenith look to take it away further from the Daytona. The 41mm size might be ok for me however the short lug length will make it wear small so its something im likely to pass on due to a large wrist size.

Craftsman
    Stunning watch
    Hope it wears small as I don't have big wrists

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Master
    Pity about the date; don’t like that on a busy dial. It’s no accident that both the Speedmaster and Daytona avoid the date. It’s too much.

I really like that in both colours. Definitely one for the shortlist when discounts start filtering through the greys.

I really like it, I think it will sell well for Zenith.
    One thing I can never understand from the brand is why they haven’t designed and manufactured a really decent dive watch when you consider how successful other brands have been with that genre. I know they did a Defy Xtreme but it was useless as a dive watch as it had no Lume, they also did a Rainbow Elite Diver but that was a long time ago and as I recall only had 100m WR.

Master
    It looks great but is too thick at 14.5mm and no tool less micro adjusting clasp at this price point is disappointing. Personally I would prefer it not to have PCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    It looks great but is too thick at 14.5mm and no tool less micro adjusting clasp at this price point is disappointing. Personally I would prefer it not to have PCL.
    13.6mm thick and apparently wears quite slim. I'd like to go see one when we can visit stores again.

Blooming hell! Been looking at this all day now and my list was relatively limited with unobtainable watches but now the white dial has joined the list and is an actual watch you can buy!

Damn it, I was gonna be good!

Master
    Ignoring price new and used, my order of preference would be:

White dial (ceramic) bezel Daytona
    Black dial Zenith
    White dial Zenith
    Black dial Daytona.

I really don’t mind brushed or polished centre links, and would just take it as they come.
    For me anyway, the black Daytona is stealthy stunner

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Blooming hell! Been looking at this all day now and my list was relatively limited with unobtainable watches but now the white dial has joined the list and is an actual watch you can buy!

Damn it, I was gonna be good!
    Right before lockdown I wore an El Primero in a WOS store and joined up for the Zenith newsletter.
    When I got the email notification, I was over the moon with what I saw.
    I can see this giving the Zenith brand a much needed boost

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    For me anyway, the black Daytona is stealthy stunner

Umm what's the time?

I like these new Zeniths - fingers crossed Zenith don't do a Zenith and dilute the watch to smithereens (SPOILER ALERT, they will).

Master

Zenith Chronomaster Sport

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Umm what's the time?

I like these new Zeniths - fingers crossed Zenith don't do a Zenith and dilute the watch to smithereens (SPOILER ALERT, they will).
    Personally I think the design language of the zenith is already super strong without having to go ceramic and without doing a De Luca I.e. Daytona nod. I mean the historic A386 are just gorgeous.

Personally I think the design language of the zenith is already super strong without having to go ceramic and without doing a De Luca I.e. Daytona nod. I mean the historic A386 are just gorgeous.
    Their design language was utter confusion with a million variations coming out - and far too much reliance on the historical side, which also have come in a million variations. This is a chance for a reset, simplifying their design language and not get antsy and release 10 different colours next week.

Master

Their design language was utter confusion with a million variations coming out - and far too much reliance on the historical side, which also have come in a million variations. This is a chance for a reset, simplifying their design language and not get antsy and release 10 different colours next week.
    This sport design is just a ceramic bezel though on top of the existing el primero chronomaster. Though agree the defy line is a bit marmite, though they try and push boundaries unlike many other brands that lean even more heavily in to historic.

Edit: just to add some context with what I’m by doing a de Luca. 30 years ago they started with this

After a few iterations they got to this:

Why zenith?? The first series was perfectly good looking!
    Last edited by ac11111; 23rd January 2021 at 19:22.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    13.6mm thick and apparently wears quite slim. I'd like to go see one when we can visit stores again.
    Ah that’s much more like it! It is a superb looking watch. What are the other dimensions I am struggling to find anything other than case diameter of 41mm.

I’ll just add this here, for those not on the gram :p

The coin edge Milspec i photoshopped happened, chances are Hodinkee will try and cash in on a Rainbow Mk3. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post

The coin edge Milspec i photoshopped happened, chances are Hodinkee will try and cash in on a Rainbow Mk3. Lol

Not coming thorugh on my laptop chap........

That would be a winner IMO

Not coming thorugh on my laptop chap........
    It’ll probably be my current issue with ssl on my site, messes with my ftp (and also causes issues with apple devices)

All good on my iPad

Master

Have to say, now this is more like it! I hope this is not a Hodinkee special edition!

All good on my iPad
    Then crazyp needs to stop buying Ming’s and get a better laptop lol

Then crazyp needs to stop buying Ming’s and get a better laptop lol
    I'm on the macbook! Tried Safari, all ok, so it's chrome is the problem...

EDIT: also smart-ass - no money for watches, considering a new pair of IEMs :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jk103 View Post
    .... I was at the jewelers today and my wife really liked the white dialed Omega PO ... This one is tempting due to the El Primero movement having a Zenith with that movement is something I'd really like to have.

I think Zenith made a good design move with this one.
    What kind of weird parallel universe do you live in, where you can walk into a 'non-essential' shop? Ah - I see you are in the Land Of The Free! Please tell me what fresh air is like?? Sorry - I just have cabin fever here in old Blighty and it is soooo refreshing to hear you are able to walk into watch shops somewhere on this planet.

Did you see the Chrono Sport in person?? Any real life pictures by any chance?

Martyn

That looks great.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    What kind of weird parallel universe do you live in, where you can walk into a 'non-essential' shop? Ah - I see you are in the Land Of The Free! Please tell me what fresh air is like?? Sorry - I just have cabin fever here in old Blighty and it is soooo refreshing to hear you are able to walk into watch shops somewhere on this planet.

Did you see the Chrono Sport in person?? Any real life pictures by any chance?

Martyn
    Sorry they don't have Zenith there. They have Chopard, B&M, Omega, Breitling, Tag, Tissot and a couple others. Yes we can still go into stores here but some of the watch stores are closing and there aren't too many in the Boston area to begin with so not good. There is a Zenith dealer in town (Boston) Shreve, Crump and Low haven't been in there. Rolex is currently building a boutique on Newbury Street and is pulling the local dealers licensing.

If I’m being totally honest, I’ve never really found a Zenith that I like very much. The history appeals but never the watches. Until now. I absolutely love this one!

Time to seek one out to try on, whenever we’re finally allowed out to the shops in the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    It’s a good looking watch in my view. I agree with others about date placement is not to my taste either and the polished links make it less useable. Personally I’d struggle to justify buying one of these without significant discounts. That said, I think this watch will be a decent seller for Zenith as buyers who are naive enough to think they can walk into an AD and get a Daytona may well walk out with one of these.

Craftsman
    I think in this case that the Daytona link will help sales given the Daytona costs and availability. Its far enough removed from the Daytona for it fo stand on its own two feet but close enough for some buyers to look at it as a viable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I'll get one when they are 40% off at Burrell's next year

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    indeed... would be a great buy at £4.5-5k!

Anyone know what the service intervals are? I heard the intervals for the Striking 10th are pretty short. Reason I ask is if I got one of thse I'd keep the chrono running as it looks cool, but not if I was facing a £750 service bill every 2 years or so

Master

Anyone know what the service intervals are? I heard the intervals for the Striking 10th are pretty short. Reason I ask is if I got one of thse I'd keep the chrono running as it looks cool, but not if I was facing a £750 service bill every 2 years or so

The El primero is a lateral clutch so you shouldn’t leave it running

That would put me off somewhat! Just heard as well that AP chronos give problems and cost £3k during service(Roman Sharf - youtube) to the point where he recommends buying the newest models rather than cheaper older examples.Sent Zenith an enquiry about costs of servicing to find out for definite.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
    Last edited by amcneill; 24th January 2021 at 12:07.

Grand Master
    The El primero is a lateral clutch so you shouldn’t leave it running
    Why?

Provided the movement is lubricated I can’t see a problem. As with all aspects of watch movements, lack of lubrication is the biggest enemy.

Having said that, I don’t leave the chrono running on any chronograph, and I wouldn’t want to see a sweep second hand lapping the dial once every 10 secs!

Master
    Already listed at a saving on RRP:

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/zenith/ze...id18195193.htm

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Why?

Provided the movement is lubricated I can’t see a problem. As with all aspects of watch movements, lack of lubrication is the biggest enemy.

Having said that, I don’t leave the chrono running on any chronograph, and I wouldn’t want to see a sweep second hand lapping the dial once every 10 secs!
    Not sure, Tim Mosso on watchbox keeps saying

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    20% off is a good start. I’d love to be able to try one on.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    20% off is a good start. I’d love to be able to try one on.
    Closer to 15% but you point is still valid.

Already being offered at a discount of 22% in Germany

RRP €9,700 reduced to €7,565 (~£6,730)

https://www.watchdeal.de/de/products_new.php

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Already being offered at a discount of 22% in Germany

RRP €9,700 reduced to €7,565 (~£6,730)

https://www.watchdeal.de/de/products_new.php
    Wonder if there’s an extra 19% off that now that we’re out the EU lol.
    (Not that i condone such tax dodging behaviour)

Wonder if there’s an extra 19% off that now that we’re out the EU lol.
    (Not that i condone such tax dodging behaviour)
    There should be if it’s new but then 20% UK VAT to add on.

It’s not tax dodging, it’s the way the VAT system operates with new goods!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    There should be if it’s new but then 20% UK VAT to add on.

It’s not tax dodging, it’s the way the VAT system operates with new goods!
    This is assuming folk pay the 20% when it enters the UK, plenty of threads were folk admit not doing so.