closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Zenith Chronomaster Sport

Master
    Fingers crossed it is issue free! Looking forward to your thoughts on the white Vs the black.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Fingers crossed it is issue free! Looking forward to your thoughts on the white Vs the black.
    My new Chronosport works fine. The white and black are quite different. I hope to do a mini review of the two, though I don’t actually own the black one anymore so will go on my previous pictures.

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 6th April 2021 at 22:03.

Thanks for the updates Martin. I briefly tried the white on during a recent collection from Goldsmiths and was quite taken by it. What are your thoughts in terms of dial preference?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180 View Post
    Thanks for the updates Martin. I briefly tried the white on during a recent collection from Goldsmiths and was quite taken by it. What are your thoughts in terms of dial preference?
    I think it is very much a personal preference. Both are great. I'll certainly be keeping the white. Perhaps I'll go and source another black one at a later date in the future - they are quite different models.

I don't have another white dialled watch so it fits my collection as its different.

Martyn
    Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 7th April 2021 at 07:38.

Master
    both look fabulous in your photos Martyn.

Woken up this morning after dreaming about the White Dialled Chronomaster sport. Very tempted to order one. May go down the route of interest free credit to soften the £8300 price tab. What’s the wait time on one?

I'm totally in love with a lot of these.

Love this

https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_gb...86-400-60-c843

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by omegamotorcyclist View Post
    I'm totally in love with a lot of these.

Love this

https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_gb...86-400-60-c843
    Lovely, but a big jump in price from the previous model

Master
    These seem to be holding their value well still, will it continue? Still a great watch

I’m loving mine. Getting the most wrist time still

Master
    That's the best colourway imv, the black is for but the white dial is lovely, I can see why you enjoy it!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    These seem to be holding their value well still, will it continue? Still a great watch
    Why does that matter? (Get a watch you want to wear - when you get bored - sell it to someone else. The merry go round goes around.)
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Craftsman
    They do look great! Very tempting.

BW,
    Chi Kai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Haha Martyn, I agree, if I could. I think you probably think I want them to hold their vale, but it matter's to me though as I can't afford/justify 8 or 9 grand on watch, could justify/afford saay £6k and I do really want it to wear!
    I'm playing the long game, saving for a big birthday still almost 2 years away, so my by then afford the rrp and pay it. However if it wer to start to be more available and drop a chunk I might get it sooner!
    I'm honestly glad that you are in a position where you can enjoy your money how you like and choose to buy quite a few watches, you share your passion and it brings smiles to many of us here to see your reviews etc....but we aren't all in that position.

I really love the dial on these and the movement is just superb but the clasp on the bracelet seems a bit cheap and flimsy. Sure you could put it on a strap but it looks so much better on a bracelet.

Master
    Is it a stamped clasp rather than milled? Given the cost of the watch that seems poor. I guess you could change the clasp, various after market clasps about that are good. Feels wrong though I'm sure.

Blog Entries
    It's not that bad...

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

I'd have one of these every day of the week over a Daytona.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    I'd have one of these every day of the week over a Daytona.

agree with that completely

I found the clasp virtually indifferent to the Daytona. It was very well made and felt super sturdy. Certainly wouldn't say it was lesser quality than the Rolex clasps.

Tried this on today - pure class I must admit. I really loved everything about it except the price.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    I found the clasp virtually indifferent to the Daytona. It was very well made and felt super sturdy. Certainly wouldn't say it was lesser quality than the Rolex clasps.
    i have to disagree, i have the white dial and i am very happy with it, but the one area i would improve is the clasp it feels cheap to me and its apparent the thickness of the steel is lower than the equivalent modern rolex clasp.

Craftsman
    it’s not a bad watch, i think the daytona has been executed slightly better IMHO, however it’s a great chrono watch and i’d happily wear it

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ellsy_79 View Post
    it’s not a bad watch, i think the daytona has been executed slightly better IMHO, however it’s a great chrono watch and i’d happily wear it
    at retail i think the daytona offers better value for money, its slightly better put together and a little more refined but at current values its no contest in the zeniths favour.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post
    Tried this on today - pure class I must admit. I really loved everything about it except the price.

What price we talking? (Looks real smart btw)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zenith Chronomaster Sport

^€9700 Euro but it was evident that some discount was to be had if I was to go for it.

Master
    Ooooo really? Interesting.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marios View Post

That's a beautiful watch, a lad on another forum has one and it has really caught my eye tbh.
    I know it's a controversial opinion, but I find it far nicer than the Ceramic Daytona.

Craftsman
    For those of you who own a white dialled version and are perhaps in need of reading glasses day to day, how do you find the legibility of the white dial at a glance (without glasses!). This is my next purchase, although my slow action has meant that these have gone up in price since they first came out. Wonder if any retailers are now offering discounts or if these are still being sold at list?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    For those of you who own a white dialled version and are perhaps in need of reading glasses day to day, how do you find the legibility of the white dial at a glance (without glasses!). This is my next purchase, although my slow action has meant that these have gone up in price since they first came out. Wonder if any retailers are now offering discounts or if these are still being sold at list?
    Ernest Jones are still selling these (and all Zeniths) at the pre-raise price of £8,300 although stock is hard to find on the White dial.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Ernest Jones are still selling these (and all Zeniths) at the pre-raise price of £8,300 although stock is hard to find on the White dial.
    thanks Ryan, just looked at their online site which shows no stock, but are you saying these are still in store (somewhere)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    thanks Ryan, just looked at their online site which shows no stock, but are you saying these are still in store (somewhere)?
    If you ring around you may get lucky. Kingston had a total of 2 in, both went on allocation to customers who had registered interest already so they didn't make it to the display window

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    If you ring around you may get lucky. Kingston had a total of 2 in, both went on allocation to customers who had registered interest already so they didn't make it to the display window
    ah ok, understood: "will let my fingers do the walking"

many thanks.