closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zenith Chronomaster Sport

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    Wonder if there’s an extra 19% off that now that we’re out the EU lol.
    (Not that i condone such tax dodging behaviour)
    I don’t know.

It is a German site and so you would need to ask if they deliver to the UK. Many places are not at the moment due to the complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by endo View Post
    This is assuming folk pay the 20% when it enters the UK, plenty of threads were folk admit not doing so.
    There was never VAT to pay from goods from the EU until 1st January this years. VAT is now (and has been for a while) collected by the shipper before delivery.
    I don’t think there’s a way around it any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    There was never VAT to pay from goods from the EU until 1st January this years. VAT is now (and has been for a while) collected by the shipper before delivery.
    I don’t think there’s a way around it any more.
    Sigh, seems the post which was in jest, flew way over your head.

And to correct you VAT must be collected by the non-uk sellers at the point of sale.

But this doesnt stop folk from wearing a brand new watch through customs or up their prison pocket, after a nice holiday in the US or Asia (and now presumably a weekend jolly to europe, which is alot cheaper), or having items valued incorrectly when shipped over from abroad)
    Last edited by endo; 24th January 2021 at 15:09.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    I really like it, I think it will sell well for Zenith.
    One thing I can never understand from the brand is why they haven’t designed and manufactured a really decent dive watch when you consider how successful other brands have been with that genre. I know they did a Defy Xtreme but it was useless as a dive watch as it had no Lume, they also did a Rainbow Elite Diver but that was a long time ago and as I recall only had 100m WR.
    'eh?

W/R 600m

Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    I don’t know.

It is a German site and so you would need to ask if they deliver to the UK. Many places are not at the moment due to the complexity.
    I see they deliver to the UK (I went through their process of ordering) - but they don’t deduct the 19% EU VAT - so I guess they re-sell - not authorised dealers? Offering 22% discount though and still get some discount due to Xrate GBP-EUR at the moment though. Shipper probably add 20% VAT and charges on import.

Zenith Chronomaster Sport

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I see they deliver to the UK (I went through their process of ordering) - but they don’t deduct the 19% EU VAT - so I guess they re-sell - not authorised dealers? Offering 22% discount though and still get some discount due to Xrate GBP-EUR at the moment though. Shipper probably add 20% VAT and charges on import.
    Might be worth an email to see if they can be flexible but I also notice that they are bank transfer or PayPal only.

PayPal also has a 2% transaction fee!

Update: I sent them an email and they state that price is firm and delivery within 8-12 weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paw3001; 24th January 2021 at 19:36.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    Ignoring price new and used, my order of preference would be:

White dial (ceramic) bezel Daytona
    Black dial Zenith
    White dial Zenith
    Black dial Daytona.

I really don’t mind brushed or polished centre links, and would just take it as they come.
    Mine too, exactly that. I can't put my finger on why I so prefer the white-dial of the Daytona and the black-dial of the Chrono Sport. Perhaps someone more aesthetically literate can explain.

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    Pity about the date; don’t like that on a busy dial. It’s no accident that both the Speedmaster and Daytona avoid the date. It’s too much.
    (Agree, would have preferred non-date, though in my case it's less about aesthetics than the fact that it's an extra setting faff for watches worn in rotation.)

So there you are, on the basis of this thread, memo to Zenith: all brushed please, add micro-adjustment (and maybe lose the date), and people would like it even more ...
    Last edited by Tom-P; 25th January 2021 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Mine too, exactly that. I can't put my finger on why I so prefer the white-dial of the Daytona and the black-dial of the Chrono Sport. Perhaps someone more aethetically literate can explain.

Agree. Would have preferred non-date, though in my case it's less about aesthetics than the fact that it's an extra setting faff for watches worn in rotation.

So there you are, on the basis of this thread, memo to Zenith: all brushed please, add micro-adjustment (and maybe lose the date), and people would like it even more ...
    All brushed I agree with but I like the date and the clasp has five holes for micro adjustment so that’s fine for me.

Can’t say I have ever needed to adjust my bracelet on the fly and so I don’t mind the need to push the pins!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Ah that’s much more like it! It is a superb looking watch. What are the other dimensions I am struggling to find anything other than case diameter of 41mm.
    El Primero 3600 calibre; 36,000 vph / 5hz
    314 parts
    hacking seconds
    quick-set date function
    60-hr power reserve
    lateral clutch
    clear caseback
    41mm wide
    13.6mm thick
    lug-to-lug 46.6mm
    black lacquer or white matt dial
    ceramic bezel with 1/10th of a second display
    100m water resistance

Master
    Can’t say I have ever needed to adjust my bracelet on the fly and so I don’t mind the need to push the pins!
    (I think I must have abnormally reactive wrists - I honestly adjust my bracelet / strap several times a day. I can only envy those of more stable girth ...)

Quick reply from Zenith uk about servicing costs for chronomaster sport. £680 inc vat and recommended every 3-5 years.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Some YouTube reviews @

Time+Tide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBzCC8R6c2Y

WatchAdvisor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCfmRsqHNAI

Monochrome
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5C0oCzN7ck

Uptick
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sdn_Y74VpU

These have the watch in hand; there are other reviews if one searches but they are of limited value imho.

I must say I can't remember a watch that I felt so hubba-hubba about on release ...

Blog Entries
    I’ve got an expression of interest with a Chrono24 supplier - it could be the first purchase of 2021 - wow i nearly got through a whole month without a purchase!!

Master
    I’ve got an expression of interest with a Chrono24 supplier - it could be the first purchase of 2021 - wow i nearly got through a whole month without a purchase!!
    I had high hopes that you'd be the first to crack and land one Martyn and that we'd therefore get a trusted TZ review soon. I think it's the penance that you owe to Zenith for (as I recall?) selling your Tipo-CP2 ...

I now have a major dilemma!

Of all the things, my local OB has emailed to tell me that they have a 321 available for me!

So €7,500 for the Zenith or a massive stretch to €13,800 for the 321!

Plus if I reject I may not be in a good position for a Snoopy!

Arhhhh...I didn’t think a 321 would turn up so soon!

Master
    Good luck with your decision.

Of those two, I would be going for the Zenith if I were in your shoes.

Whats the UK RRP?

Looks superb, will need to try one on to see how it fits/looks on the wrist.

I now have a major dilemma!

Of all the things, my local OB has emailed to tell me that they have a 321 available for me!

So €7,500 for the Zenith or a massive stretch to €13,800 for the 321!

Plus if I reject I may not be in a good position for a Snoopy!

Arhhhh...I didn’t think a 321 would turn up so soon!
    If I’d ordered a 321, then I’d be buying that :)

You’ll have more opportunity to buy the Zenith at a future date.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I’ve seen quite a few pictures on forums of them side by side now and (biased as I am) have to say I think the Daytona looks much more refined all round. Bracket, bezel and dials in my opinion. That said they are a different price point RRP let alone the discounts available on the Zenith - wouldn’t kick it out of bed.

Craftsman
    I prefer the size of this one to the daytona, just a bit bigger. Not sure I’m a fan of the different colour subdials.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-P View Post
    Some YouTube reviews @

Time+Tide
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBzCC8R6c2Y

WatchAdvisor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCfmRsqHNAI

Monochrome
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5C0oCzN7ck

Uptick
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sdn_Y74VpU

These have the watch in hand; there are other reviews if one searches but they are of limited value imho.

I must say I can't remember a watch that I felt so hubba-hubba about on release ...
    The Uptick video on the black dial might have changed my mind on this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    The Uptick video on the black dial might have changed my mind on this.
    The black could be the favourite. 4 colours vs. 5 on the white.

Why haven’t you!

€13,800euro is a lot for a steel watch for an old movement that is usually half as much!

Blog Entries

That’s what I’d do. If I wanted a 321 (which I don’t).

Master
    I love it, but there doesn’t appear much demand for the 321. I think the new Speedy has just reduced it further

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    Whats the UK RRP?

Looks superb, will need to try one on to see how it fits/looks on the wrist.
    Price on the zenith site and can be bought and available online. (Very dangerous after a couple of beers)

Master
    Price on the zenith site and can be bought and available online. (Very dangerous after a couple of beers)
    Yes I noticed that too! After a couple of beers too!

Why haven’t you!

€13,800euro is a lot for a steel watch for an old movement that is usually half as much!

I haven’t looked at them close enough to consider it as a purchase - more than happy with my Speedy Tuesday at the minute for a main Speedmaster.

If I hadn’t recently bought the Defy21 I’d likely have tried to find the best priced Zenith ;)

Craftsman
    I have enquired with Zenith if they have another bracelet that would fit that wasn’t polished.
    Chap rang me back today to say sadly they don’t and that he has fielded several enquiries along the same lines.
    The cost of the textile / rubber strap to purchase additionally would be £170 and the deployment £250 + Vat!
    Also informed me that the UK allocation of this watch is now sold out !
    So lots of punters buying at full retail.

You can still buy it on the Zenith site currently.

I suspect that is allocation to Jewellers and not to retail customers!

I think I would go with bracelet and once it got a bit battered I would look to have it professionally brushed.

Can’t say I like the alternative straps but there millions of after market options!

Or you could get the bracelet brushed like some have done with Rolex PCL's

Thanks, didnt scroll that far down.

With a 20% discount (from a AD), Im tempted!

I suspect that is allocation to Jewellers and not to retail customers!

I think I would go with bracelet and once it got a bit battered I would look to have it professionally brushed.

Can’t say I like the alternative straps but there millions of after market options!

Its a tricky one. How many of these movements are they likely to make this year? With an overall total annual production of around 22,000 watches, it wouldn’t take too much to sell out a year’s production. I’ve never seen a watch other than Rolex or a new Speedmaster being so heavily covered on the likes of Facebook etc.

Blog Entries
    Its a tricky one. How many of these movements are they likely to make this year? With an overall total annual production of around 22,000 watches, it wouldn’t take too much to sell out a year’s production. I’ve never seen a watch other than Rolex or a new Speedmaster being so heavily covered on the likes of Facebook etc.
    The CP2 (original) was limited to 1000 - but those ended up (and still are) in sales at reduced prices. It’s a shame Zenith are not valued more as they produce great products - though I think they went through a bit of a rough patch - they are back on track now.

The CP2 (original) was limited to 1000 - but those ended up (and still are) in sales at reduced prices. It’s a shame Zenith are not valued more as they produce great products - though I think they went through a bit of a rough patch - they are back on track now.
    Yes let’s not talk about those Defy monstrosities from the late 90s/early noughties

Master
    Bark and Jack's review of this popped up on my YouTube, I like it! I've been thinking of a white dial watch and saving for the Seamaster but now might have to double my saving efforts for this. I don't normally like chronometers particularly. I don't dislike them, just see them as visual and mechanical complexity that I'd never use, but I do like the look of this, a lot. I think I'd prefer it to have screw down pushers, but otherwise it really seems good.

I'll have to wait and save though. Maybe I'll be in line on sales corner when someone decides to flip!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by LondonNeil View Post
    Bark and Jack's review of this popped up on my YouTube, I like it! I've been thinking of a white dial watch and saving for the Seamaster but now might have to double my saving efforts for this. I don't normally like chronometers particularly. I don't dislike them, just see them as visual and mechanical complexity that I'd never use, but I do like the look of this, a lot. I think I'd prefer it to have screw down pushers, but otherwise it really seems good.

I'll have to wait and save though. Maybe I'll be in line on sales corner when someone decides to flip!
    He’s got a lot of hate on that video, issued an apology on YouTube stories

Yes let’s not talk about those Defy monstrosities from the late 90s/early noughties
    I quite like one or two (most were a little bit in the god awful category) of the old Nataf Defy Extreme watches, but from memory they were around £20k to £75k for the ones that had that look, one normal and one tourbillon; and I only liked it as one of the visible propeller things looked a little bit like it had a goblin face with ears to me lol .

Here’s one of them:

http://qp.granularit.com/media/38966...phe_Zenith.pdf

God awe full every single one. Mind you I did have an old Zenith Port Royal chronomaster in the rectangular case.

I loved that watch but sold it many years ago. It was certainly of its time!

God awe full every single one. Mind you I did have an old Zenith Port Royal chronomaster in the rectangular case.

I loved that watch but sold it many years ago. It was certainly of its time!

Wow
    I don’t like the Monaco by Tag.
    But I Love this.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Some of the Nataf watches were nice, and others just too big. Some were mingers though (extreme I’m looking at you).

I always liked this one which is a definite predecessor to the new sport. They were also over engineered to a massive degree.

Just don’t tell Adrian over on Blow & Job or he’ll have a Daytona fanboy melt down that Rolex didn’t invent a steel chrono with a black bezel.

The only thing stopping me liking that is the open hands. That’s what I detest about the Omega Sea Master. They’re invisible to me.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    The only thing stopping me liking that is the open hands. That’s what I detest about the Omega Sea Master. They’re invisible to me.

Perfect otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshiremadmick View Post
    They’re invisible to me.

No. They really are there. I can see them ;)

Zenith Chronomaster Sport

I mean there is only tips, skeleton hands don’t work for me. But otherwise yep perfect
    I am partially colour blind too.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    He’s got a lot of hate on that video, issued an apology on YouTube stories
    I saw the video but not the comments. Was the hate because he was comparing it as a homage to the Daytona. I thought that was a bit unfair. .

It’s a lovely watch, I would buy one at a discount. Without proper micro adjust on the clasp it feels to be a 5k watch and not an 8.3k watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post
    I saw the video but not the comments. Was the hate because he was comparing it as a homage to the Daytona. I thought that was a bit unfair. .

It’s a lovely watch, I would buy one at a discount. Without proper micro adjust on the clasp it feels to be a 5k watch and not an 8.3k watch.
    Pretty much, shot himself in the foot here given its his business now

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NickGaters View Post

I certainly wouldn’t pay list, but only a £5k watch?
    How much is the new sapphire Speedy?
    I think I prefer the Zenith, but I guess the Speedy will probably retain more value pre- owned.
    I’d be interested to know other’s opinions on which is the better vfm.

The Bark and Jack video was shameful click bait. He completely dropped the ball, and showed his ignorance and lack of research out of the gates. A review of a watch he didn’t even have in hand btw. He’s doubled down on it though, which always ends well. Paul Thorpe is fighting his corner too, asking anyone who was critical to literally apologise. Amazing stuff.
    Last edited by jimmbob; 27th January 2021 at 12:13.