Mornin'
I have a bit of an issue with my Hotpoint Tumble Dryer, it was replaced as part of their recall programme in late 2016, we got a fairly decent condensing model (FTCF 87B) as a replacement, I think I paid an extra £50.

After 4 years or so of operation it displayed a intermittent fault code (F04) which relates to pump operation and normally means the controller module needs replacing. I immediately signed up to their maintenance cover deal (about £15 a month, they knew there was a live fault and offered this as an option) and they promised an engineer the next day. This was cancelled without explanation.

As we have washes going on every day for kids school uniform etc, given the error code was intermittent and they hadn't told me to stop using the machine, I perhaps foolishly continued to use the machine. Until that is the house was filled with the smell of smoke and I found the machine running extremely hot. There wasn't visible smoke coming from the machine but the thick lingering odour was there and if unattended I truly think the outcome could have been catastrophic.

I have contacted them and the fact the tumble dryer appears to be a fire hazard seems to have captured their attention. They cancelled the engineer that had been rescheduled to attend today and scheduled a safety inspection for tomorrow.

So, question is what is a reasonable outcome? I dont really feel comfortable with this unit or model, I am not sure if I really want any further products from hotpoint but accept a replacement is probably a reasonable offer. Do you think I should let anyone know about this, trading standards, as it occurs to me that there could still be issues with these products? Any similar experiences?