closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bitsa Tudor?

Master

Bitsa Tudor?

I have a Tudor sub which I like but it's a bit shiny to wear regularly so I was looking for something I could use. I quite like these rootbeer Heuer watches that pop up on sc and sell in seconds but I'm never quite in the right place at the right time.
    Anyway I got steered towards this:
    Its on FB - not a great start
    Its clearly not nearly original but there is a huge disparity between prices for this and the "real" thing.

But I like the patina and there do seem to be quite a few original bits even if they weren't all meant to be together.
    I have to like it and nothing else matters but I wondered what we thought about which bits are real and which not or just not "correct" for the rest.

To my untrained eye dial seems ok, case back engraving, model number on inside of caseback but it is a recase (but the correct model for the dial?), bezel seems a bit new but the right shade of grey? Crown is correct for the model. Hands correct for the dial.

I can't really see you would classify it as a fake as such just a bitsa which for the right money is nice to look at.
    Unless I'm way off the mark and its all fake..
    Thanks

I think the insert looks ok, hands look to be replacements or at least a relume, the second hand is really thick.
    I can’t say for sure about the main case but the crown does not look right to me. Far too large. Does the case have the serial and model number between the lugs as it should?

Edit as pointed out the ft is totally wrong so at best it’s a redial.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 20th January 2021 at 21:25.

It looks suspect to me and I can see that the minute/seconds hands are completely the wrong lengths. Also, what's going on with the "ft" on the dial?
    Last edited by Lampoc; 20th January 2021 at 21:08.

Master
    I'm no expert but the ft text looks wrong to me too, far too long as the first and last letters of the SUBMARINER text on my 9411/0 line up outside the text above.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I think the insert looks ok, hands look to be replacements or at least a relume, the second hand is really thick.
    I can’t say for sure about the main case but the crown does not look right to me. Far too large. Does the case have the serial and model number between the lugs as it should?

Edit as pointed out the ft is totally wrong so at best it’s a redial.
    It does have a serial no, 845671 which seems legit?

Good point on the ft part and the second hand is a rather different colour.

Looking at it again the hands are not originals, they don’t have the usual massive base that is a dead give away but the proportions are all wrong, (Lampoc is correct) especially the minute and second hand
    Have you googled the serial number?

https://catalog.antiquorum.swiss/en/...271-102?page=0
    This watch has the same serial number.
    Sorry but it does not look good. I would avoid it as a total fake
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 20th January 2021 at 21:54.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I would avoid it as a total fake
    Increasingly starting to look that way. I'll keep looking.
    Thanks all.