closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch for 40th sub £5k

Journeyman

Watch for 40th sub £5k

I want to buy a watch, new speedy, bb58 blue or seamaster smp blue and in a couple of years upgrade to possible rolex. Which one is most likely to hold its value?

Journeyman
    All of these from new will most likely take a hit on value when you take them off the lot and through subsequent use. If you are concerned re holding value - deals can be had on all those listed second hand (new speedy likely follow old speedy trend when supply up). Most of all but what you like the look of!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Ever since you’ve joined here you’ve asked the same question in a round about way - most of your posts are about it. I’ve tried helping you as have many others. I don’t get why you keep asking!

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-smp-residuals
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-bb58-discount
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...future-pricing
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Tudor-GMT-BB58
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...Seamaster-blue

These are just a few of Your threads - read them again fella, it’s all there.
    Last edited by Devonian; 2nd February 2021 at 23:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Saints2014 View Post
    I want to buy a watch, new speedy, bb58 blue or seamaster smp blue and in a couple of years upgrade to possible rolex. Which one is most likely to hold its value?
    Plenty of rolexes below £5k at the moment:P as for the rest, buy your favourite as they are all lovely watches, in terms of holding value... I guess the BB58 is very good value and should easily hold its price

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Ever since you’ve joined here you’ve asked the same question in a round about way - most of your posts are about it. I’ve tried helping you as have many others. I don’t get why you keep asking!

These are just a few of Your threads - read them again fella, it’s all there.
    Absolute lol

So, decided but not quite? I think here we have a rare case of a flipper trapped in a body of a non flipper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

get the Omegas but, those Tudors might not be flavour of the month a couple of years down the line but who knows

Here's >3000 Rolexes up to £5.5K (cos we all stretch the budget when we really want something) all =/>36mm with most of the nastiest colour / bimetal options omitted.

OPs, Datejusts, Cellinis, Explorer I, Explorer II, Milgauss, Air King...

Given you really actually want a Rolex, why not go nuts and buy - you know - a Rolex...?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Explorer 1 is a much more obtainable watch than people would have you believe and is where I’d put my money.

Why ask when you're not going to buy? Time waster?

Blog Entries
    Well you could buy the blue Seamaster, they're a real beast to wear and look great, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed. As fo holding value? Well you'll lose money on them all, but you'll have a really nice watch to wear in the meantime, until you can afford to upgrade.

(I don't mind you asking, even if you've asked before btw. It's a lot of money to spend for most)
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Journeyman
    Give the guy a break. This is a forum to chat about watches and he may have asked before but he might just want more opinions. So here is another opinion. Go straight to Rolex, 36 mm Datejust or Explorer is just right for most wrists and there are lots about. If it most be bigger Explorer 2 will not too expensive. If a Sub it must be then save up a bit more.

How dare you ask the same question more than once?

Have you considered an oyster date in excellent condition can be found for £2-3k or for under £2k in perhaps less desirable condition. Or paying more a vintage air king?

I would go Speedmaster. It is, after all, a classic and a watch that most people keep in their collection for a long time. You'll just have to find a new vein of cash to by the Rolex!

Master
    Speedmaster is always a good option.

I would suggest an OP41 (£4,700) or an Airking (£5,150) there is no harm registering for interest in these watches and Goldsmiths are still getting deliveries from Rolex.

I spoke to Pragnell the other day and they are now quoting two years for explorers, so that be a bit tougher.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    Speedmaster is always a good option.

I would suggest an OP41 (£4,700) or an Airking (£5,150) there is no harm registering for interest in these watches and Goldsmiths are still getting deliveries from Rolex.

I spoke to Pragnell the other day and they are now quoting two years for explorers, so that be a bit tougher.
    How do you know that Goldsmiths are still getting deliveries?

Master
    Because one of their branches phoned me up about a couple of watches that they had come into stock.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    i’d say the bb58 would hold it’s value due to high demand and shortage of stock but i slightly prefer the SMP blue

Journeyman
    I do like the air king I didnt think I would get any rolex. To be honest I would need some 0% finance to stretch to a new air king. I will however look at used watches. With rolex it see minefield used unless you are a expert

Craftsman
    I do like the air king I didnt think I would get any rolex. To be honest I would need some 0% finance to stretch to a new air king. I will however look at used watches. With rolex it see minefield used unless you are a expert
    I’m pretty much against putting things on finance. Work out how it would take to save up (plus a price increase as those people in Geneva like to)
    You could approach an AD and say you would like an AK for your 40th - be upfront say ideally this year.
    I’ll put my flame proof suit on now....say you are happy to put a deposit down. That way they know you’re serious and vice versa
    Last edited by Mysqueek; 4th February 2021 at 10:50.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysqueek View Post
    I’m pretty much against putting things on finance. Work out how it would take to save up (plus a price increase as those people in Geneva like to)
    You could approach an AD and say you would like an AK for your 40th - be upfront say ideally this year.
    I’ll put my flame proof suit on now....say you are happy to put a deposit down. That way they know you’re serious and vice versa
    I don’t think you can buy Rolex on finance. When I bought my explorer 2 years ago from WOS, when it came to pay and I asked about the finance options they looked a bit shocked and informed me that Rolex didn’t allow their watches to be financed.

Not really places like Milltons have plenty of pre owned Rolex have a look there. The 6694 often comes up for sale here it all depends on what you want.

People love getting played it seems.or just giving advice not caring whether the recipient is seeking it in good faith or in sincerity or whether it is meaningful or not.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 4th February 2021 at 12:42.