closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there one rubber strap to rule them all?

Master

Question Is there one rubber strap to rule them all?

When it comes to rubber straps, are there any über-straps that beat ordinary rubber?

I’ve tried Hirsch rubber – Performance and Pure straps – and they have been excellent. A Hirsch Pure costs around £45 but the caoutchouc material feels incredibly comfy.

At over triple this price, Jean Rousseau offers a rubber strap (£165). Is it a rip-off, or does Jean Rousseau offer something extra?
    https://www.jean-rousseau.com/gb/sho...tense-black-gb

Personally I don't think you can top the bonetto cinturini straps. I'm convinced they produce the OEM straps for many highly regarded brands, e.g. Oris.

I'd agree, their straps are excellent (and affordable).

There are some pretty good silicone straps on eBay for about a tenner, too, although they often need a bit of breaking in.

If you're talking about true rubber, though, you'll be paying more (from what I've seen) - Many 'rubber' straps aren't.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    Isofrane and Tropic brands are hard to beat. Cintirini (?) Def best value for me.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Yes definitely Bonetto Cinturini - great quality and vfm

Craftsman
    I'd tend to agree Bonetto Cinturini take sone beating for the cost.

I also like the Crafter blue on my Sumo

Master
    What? no Rubber B fans? I've got 2 now and they're both great.

Master
    Hirsch Hevea
    Zuludiver Zennor FKM

Crafter Blue straps were the best rubber strap i ever had but they only make them for very few models of watches sadly.

Master
    The Barton soft silicone and the silicone elite are decent vfm straps.

Craftsman
    Rubber b or everest depending on what size and fitting you require

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    I do like a bit of rubber (behave!) Ones I have and rate are -

Barton Elite Silicon
    Isoprane
    Rubber B
    Zealande

Brand specific ones I’ve found to be a cut above are -

Seiko SLA039
    Bremont Supermarine fitted (probably the best rubber strap I’ve had)
    Eterna Royal Kontiki GMT integrated

Not one to rule them all, as it is very watch dependent. Isofranes are tremendous, but they best suit a heftier dive watch. I have been delighted with Uncle Seiko GL831, which I have on 3 watches.

D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Another vote for Rubber B - I have one on my Tudor BB Heritage using the OEM clasp and it has transformed the watch.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Im having a love affair with Joseph Bonnie tropics at the moment. I think they're hard to beat for that kind of strap.
    Rubber B are excellent but oh my GOD the number of times ive stabbed my thumbs fitting them.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    Im having a love affair with Joseph Bonnie tropics at the moment. I think they're hard to beat for that kind of strap.
    Rubber B are excellent but oh my GOD the number of times ive stabbed my thumbs fitting them.
    Fully agree on both accounts :))

Isofrane are very good as are the Sinn rubbers.

The Rolex Oysterflex are great, but so they should be given the price.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Apprentice
    Hirsch Accent looks great and very comfortable

Just ordered a couple of Barton straps for the Garmin. Seem to be well reviewed. Basic options on Amazon for next day but customisable options direct with a 6-20 business day lead time. Ordered from both.

Crafter Blue are good but if you have v big wrists they're not ideal.

Everest was very good but never felt it was worth the money. Might try another Everest and use the Rolex clasp and see how I get on.

Watch Gecko tropics are great for the money but don't suit everything.

Isofrane good but a little expensive.

Sinn rubber straps are pretty decent.

Another vote for Barton Elite.

Low cost
    Great range of colours and buckles
    Contrasting undersides
    2 tail end lengths included
    Quick release springbars
    That clever little ridge that fixes the keeper
    Next day delivery from Amazon

What's not to love?

Cheers,
    Martin

Master
    Strapsco in the US did a great concertina style strap with a pre V buckle which looked great on a Panerai sub. I bought through Amazon but they no longer seem to make them. If anyone knows differently I would like to know.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The Borealis isofrane style is great value if you want that look, but I think a tropic style looks better overall, and the watchgecko tropic is decent at the cheaper end of the scale.

I agree and you are correct they do make straps for manufactures, Marathon use them. They also produce 'own label' straps for some to the mains strap retailers - e.g. Zulu Diver.
    They are the the best quality vs value I have found, I don't think I will use any other brand from now on.

the Isofrane I have is the almost the most uncomfortable strap I have ever had. only beaten by the seiko Z22 - its that bad in my opinion.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 21st January 2021 at 17:29.

The rubber strap that came with my Monta Oceanking is superb, given that the guys behind Monta started off with Everest that shouldn't be a surprise. Other than that I've a few Bonetto Cinturinis that I'm very happy with.

Craftsman
    Rubber B and Everest for me.

Master
    As a strap to ‘rule’ the Rolex Oysterflex is probably the winner, as it should be given the price. I imagine it’s patented to stop cloning.....

The nicest ones I have are vintage Isofranes, much more subtle than the new ones, less thick and Im sure the compound is different.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master

Is there one rubber strap to rule them all?

Got these two 22mm and 20mm which are pretty good quality and fits most watches, though meant to be for Rolex sports, guess you can call it a Rubber B or Everest homage rubber straps as have curved ends for the integrated look. Not really wearing them though as I do prefer the oyster bracelet.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Got these two 22mm and 20mm which are pretty good quality and fits most watches, though meant to be for Rolex sports, guess you can call it a Rubber B or Everest homage rubber straps as have curved ends for the integrated look.
    Please could you let me know where to find them? I've struggled to find curved-end rubber straps (except Seiko-sized straps).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    Please could you let me know where to find them? I've struggled to find curved-end rubber straps (except Seiko-sized straps).
    I got it from cousins uk

Master
    Thanks

Another Bonetto fan. Great quality straps and enough shapes and sizes.

Master
    Use a Bonetto on a Sinn and a Hirsch Pure on my Submariner. Both great quality and value for money.

Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master

Is there one rubber strap to rule them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    What? no Rubber B fans? I've got 2 now and they're both great.
    Great on my old DSSD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does any member know if the Everest rubber strap designed to fit the 36mm Datejust will fit the newer 126234, which I believe has thinner lugs, but still a 20mm lug gap?
    Link below is from the Everest website, though not the best, imo combination!
    https://www.everestbands.com/product...20640052772926

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Crafter Blue straps were the best rubber strap i ever had but they only make them for very few models of watches sadly.
    I was a bit disappointed with CB. They were ok'ish but made the watch stand off the wrist because they were quite thick at the watch head
    My favourite is the Hirsch Extreme.

Been through a few but do like the Uncle Seiko waffle after getting two this week. I wish it was the same thickness throughout, it isn't as good as the OEM waffle strap for £60, but it is great for the money and the best alternative while the OEM wafdle isn't available in blue.

Also a thank you to @TaketheCannoli as when I went googling for a discount code a thread he started in 2019 came up with a working code.

I am a massive advocate of cheaper rubber straps, as they are inherently cheap to make.
    The best ones I have had recently are
    Barton Elite (2 slip ends, keeper locator, twin colour and very comfy for just £20)
    Yellow Dog Watchstraps (Ebay seller) for rubber NATOs/ZULUs, very well built, extremely secure, and epicly comfy as they are slightl stretchy.
    Bonetto Cinturini (good quality moulding, nice vanilla smell for years after)
    I also had 2 very nice Tropics, one from Newmark, the other from Siduna.

I find many of the moulded end ones stiffen the strap too much at the watch head. This was certainly true of the Crafter Blue I used on my Tudor BB GMT.
    The best solution for that was the rubber that came with the Tag Heuer Aquagraph, which was end-fitted, but with a hinge immediately next to the watch head. Very comfy.

D

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    These are also my favourite.

Original Isofrane, comfort, support of watch head, flexibility when on wrist and looks are spot on.

I am a big fan of rubber straps.

My DSSD arrived on a RubberB and it’s still on it. Excellent strap, very comfortable and really suits the Deepsea imo. Ferociously expensive of course, so they should be good .

I’m a fan of ISOfranes, but it has to be said that the Borealis ISOfrane lookalike is 90% of the strap for 25% of the cost.

Barton are decent, particularly at their price point.

I’ve only ever had one Bonetto Cinturini and I hated it. It looked and felt as if it was made of cheap plastic. Judging by the unanimously positive comments on this thread, maybe I was just unlucky?

Breitling OEM rubber straps are excellent, and at around £110 rrp are not unreasonable value for a branded rubber strap.

Without a doubt the most appalling rubber strap I’ve ever owned was a Seiko Z22. Fiendishly uncomfortable.

Simon

Master
    Blog Entries
    Tudor Black Bay 58 on RubberB

Anyone tried ISOSWISS? I kind of like the look.

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...r-watch-straps

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Been through a few but do like the Uncle Seiko waffle after getting two this week. I wish it was the same thickness throughout, it isn't as good as the OEM waffle strap for £60, but it is great for the money and the best alternative while the OEM wafdle isn't available in blue.

Also a thank you to @TaketheCannoli as when I went googling for a discount code a thread he started in 2019 came up with a working code.

I have one and whilst well made, the holes for adjustment are too far apart. My options are either too tight or too loose. Shame as it’s a great strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mean_Go_Getter View Post
    Another vote for Barton Elite.

Low cost
    Great range of colours and buckles
    Contrasting undersides
    2 tail end lengths included
    Quick release springbars
    That clever little ridge that fixes the keeper
    Next day delivery from Amazon

What's not to love?

Cheers,
    Martin
    Absolutely agree and another vote for Barton Elite. For the money they are fantastic and my Damasko DS30 lives on them now. I wouldn't choose a Barton over an OEM rubber for my Seamaster though.

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    I have one and whilst well made, the holes for adjustment are too far apart. My options are either too tight or too loose. Shame as it’s a great strap.
    Exact same situation for me which is why it wasn't a wrist shot. Luckily the waffle pattern gives you a good way to line up an additional hole. I'm going to make an extra hole on the weekend with a punch, then it should be fine.

Master
    One to rule all? I doubt it, as previously mentioned straps can be very watch specific.
    For me I always gravitate to the Bonetto Cinturini for my cheaper 'dive' style watches
    I normally go for the 317 which is great value, supple, nicely scented and perfect size for my slim wrists.
    I've tried various others and thickness/length always seem to be an issue, I seem to be slowly moving away from rubber and going with bracelets

RubberB

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    I am a massive advocate of cheaper rubber straps, as they are inherently cheap to make.
    The best ones I have had recently are
    Barton Elite (2 slip ends, keeper locator, twin colour and very comfy for just £20)
    Yellow Dog Watchstraps (Ebay seller) for rubber NATOs/ZULUs, very well built, extremely secure, and epicly comfy as they are slightl stretchy.
    I also had 2 very nice Tropics, one from Newmark, the other from Siduna.

I find many of the moulded end ones stiffen the strap too much at the watch head. This was certainly true of the Crafter Blue I used on my Tudor BB GMT.
    The best solution for that was the rubber that came with the Tag Heuer Aquagraph, which was end-fitted, but with a hinge immediately next to the watch head. Very comfy.

D
    Agree on Barton elite silicon amd Bonetto 284 (flat vent), my favourites also.

Recently I ordered waffle fluoro rubber (quick release) and feels amazing. Cheap n great. Here is the aliexoress store link if someone wants to try:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrc0ZZh

Poslano sa mog SM-G960F koriste?i Tapatalk