closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex AD call - Rootbeer

Master

Rolex AD call - Rootbeer

I’m currently down with my AD for a Pepsi and I’m aware I’m not alone in this! However just had a call offering me the above. Don’t really think it’s for me and not sure how it would work but I guess I could pass on the name of someone on here if that’s in order?

As I say, not sure if this is the done thing or not but sure someone will put me right if it’s not!

If you don’t want it- just let the dealer sort it out on his own.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice of you to offer it here, I guess if someone is keen you could buy it on their behalf. However you would be risking a bit with your dealer if they are bothered about you selling on, even at rrp, as they probably have customers wanting it.

Probably better to pass, saying you are waiting for the right one for you, the Pepsi. It might bring you some kudos with them.

All up to you

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    If you don’t want it- just let the dealer sort it out on his own.
    Yep that’s fine, it’s more if anyone on here actually wants one and is not getting the call. I’m not offering this for the AD’s benefit necessarily.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Nice of you to offer it here, I guess if someone is keen you could buy it on their behalf. However you would be risking a bit with your dealer if they are bothered about you selling on, even at rrp, as they probably have customers wanting it.

Probably better to pass, saying you are waiting for the right one for you, the Pepsi. It might bring you some kudos with them.

All up to you
    Agreed, my AD are pretty good as it happens so all I’d do is pass on a name and number and let them (AD) decide.

Master
    Whilst it’s nice to offer it here, you want to be a bit careful with your AD, so maybe let it go to the next on their list (they probably want it to go to an existing customer anyway). You being honest and saying you’d prefer to wait is probably the best thing as well.

Rolex must still be delivering then. Wonder if clients can collect or not like they could in November?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Whilst it’s nice to offer it here, you want to be a bit careful with your AD, so maybe let it go to the next on their list (they probably want it to go to an existing customer anyway). You being honest and saying you’d prefer to wait is probably the best thing as well.

Rolex must still be delivering then. Wonder if clients can collect or not like they could in November?
    Thank you for the reply, I guess you are correct. I think I was assuming I may be near the bottom of the list as this watch was never actually on it. The watch I believe will be collection when stores are open again but payment will need to be immediate as per the last lockdown.

Master
    OK, maybe should have thought this through a bit more as I have had multiple PM’s asking for details to be passed on (what did I expect) Firstly I will ask the AD if they even want anyone else’s details and then somehow decide who’s if they do.

I guess they may not even want anyone else’s details anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    OK, maybe should have thought this through a bit more as I have had multiple PM’s asking for details to be passed on (what did I expect) Firstly I will ask the AD if they even want anyone else’s details and then somehow decide who’s if they do.

I guess they may not even want anyone else’s details anyway!
    How do you filter out the profiteers? Or, is that a concern?

I'd defo politely decline the offer, and thank the dealer for the consideration - while restating your desire for the red/blue bezel

Master
    This is a very kind gesture, not many would do this, just don't lose your space in the queue for the Pepsi, I'm sure someone will have your hand off, such a shame they can't post in this thread.

They are still delivering as my friendly AD has had a delivery today and one of them is mine :-).

Agree that you need to treat the AD carefully, there will be other existing customers waiting patiently and they'll appreciate the OP's honesty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    How do you filter out the profiteers? Or, is that a concern?

I'd defo politely decline the offer, and thank the dealer for the consideration - while restating your desire for the red/blue bezel
    Yes that’s a good point as it would bother me. I guess if I’d dealt with them before or had formed some sort of relationship with them as I have with many over the years it would be different (sound like an AD now). But it was a bit naive of me perhaps to think I could just post this up and expect an ideal outcome. I’ll ask the AD anyway when I politely decline and take it from there.

Lesson learned I think....

As Ryan knows, flipping a rootbeer can result in chaos

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    As Ryan knows, flipping a rootbeer can result in chaos
    Ah yes, I did think that as well!

You do need to handle the AD relationship correctly. Some might not offer other watches if you don’t buy the ones you are offered, but if you’d only buy and flip (and sometimes for a profit as lots seem to be doing) then it really defeats the point - hopefully by passing on a watch that you could have sold for over RRP and explaining that with your AD, you might have a better chance of your Pepsi; but it doesn’t always work like that unfortunately.
    It's just a matter of time...

I got offered a root beer less than 6 months after going on the waiting list, with an AD I had no purchase history with. I declined.

In my experience they are not hard to come by.

Most people only want one because they are pretty risk free, as you could make a small premium if you chopped it in to WF. If they came with a loss on resale they wouldn’t be nearly so popular.

I was most underwhelmed by it when I saw it in the flesh.

Dont offer it here whatever you do. I got burned horrendously when I did this and no matter how much someone promises 'it is a keeper' they will not have your best interests at heart if money is tight later. Or in particular if it develops a fault they will flip about having £13k tied up in it, bypass you and go straight to Rolex to get it sorted, Rolex will put 2 and 2 together and work out you flipped it and admonish the AD. No matter how unlikely it sounds it will happen. Most people will not have your best interests at heart.

This is a situation mostly of Rolex's making but unless you know the member personally (so there are some on here I would trust as I know them) then don't do it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 19th January 2021 at 18:54.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Dont offer it here whatever you do. I got burned horrendously when I did this and no matter how much someone promises 'it is a keeper' they will not have your best interests at heart if money is tight later. Or in particular if it develops a fault they will flip about having £13k tied up in it, bypass you and go straight to Rolex to get it sorted, Rolex will put 2 and 2 together and work out you flipped it and admonish the AD. No matter how unlikely it sounds it will happen. Most people will not have your best interests at heart.

This is a situation mostly of Rolex's making but unless you know the member personally (so there are some on here I would trust as I know them) then don't do it.

Thanks Ryan, I appreciate your honesty and I have now simply agreed with a member to pass their details on when I politely decline the AD’s kind offer if they wish me to.

I was never prepared to buy and flip this and your comments have reinforced this.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolawinston View Post
    Thanks Ryan, I appreciate your honesty and I have now simply agreed with a member to pass their details on when I politely decline the AD’s kind offer if they wish me to.

I was never prepared to buy and flip this and your comments have reinforced this.
    Best move I think.

I’ve often wondered when an AD wouldn’t care that you sell something? I’ve always assumed it was around a year later (only on desirable models), especially if that’s after the next release of new watches. I’ve assumed that Rolex don’t want their brand new highly sought after models being advertised grey for silly money, yet say a 2019 Pepsi or 2018 BLNR doesn’t matter.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post

A similar thing happened to me too

Master
    I’ve often wondered when an AD wouldn’t care that you sell something? I’ve always assumed it was around a year later (only on desirable models), especially if that’s after the next release of new watches. I’ve assumed that Rolex don’t want their brand new highly sought after models being advertised grey for silly money, yet say a 2019 Pepsi or 2018 BLNR doesn’t matter.
    It’s not just time but “intent”. Most online listings are on the lines of “not worn since purchase”, which gives a clue what the buyer intended. Did actually see an eBay listing for a SS model that hadn’t even been sized.

Interesting that the OP was offered a different model to that he is listed for. Trying to work out the customer hierarchy. Obviously ahead of anyone actually listed for a CHNR which you’d think there must be several?

Craftsman
    I’d have taken it, and flipped it if you didn’t like it when your BLRO arrived.

Not so sure refusing a piece always sits well with the AD’s.

If you’d of taken one GMT, even though it’s not the one you wanted, it could possibly of limited your chances of actually getting the BLRO - they are the same family after all. Each situation is different, but I’d be more concerned about taking a sports model just for the sake of it as you will have an “allocation” of sorts.

Politely passing on the “opportunity” is the best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God forbid that you should buy something with your own money and then do what you want with it. Only in Rolex world. Pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    God forbid that you should buy something with your own money and then do what you want with it. Only in Rolex world. Pathetic
    Actually, it’s the same with most (well lots any way) of the luxury goods suppliers. From Cars to Handbags and lots in between.

You can do exactly what you want with it. Just don’t expect to be welcomed back with open arms, if you want another from them, especially if you are just in it to flip for a profit.
    Last edited by Omegamanic; 19th January 2021 at 23:39.
    It's just a matter of time...