closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A new limited edition Oris - looks good to me

Master

A new limited edition Oris - looks good to me

Jurawatches have just sent out information about a new Oris, looks pretty nice to me, always a fan of nato straps too and has the new movement too.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/oris-de...mited-edition/

Apprentice
    This is a very nice looking watch.

That said - and i’m sure there are probably several reasons why this is wrongheaded - I do struggle with it being £800 more than a BB58 on a similar fabric strap.
    Last edited by onemanintime; 19th January 2021 at 15:27. Reason: Clarity

Craftsman
    As above, its a very nice watch but instantly compare it to the cheaper bb58

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Master
    I am not sure I really see the comparison to the 58, other than it being a divers watch. It is a limited edition bronze cased watch that has Oris' new movement which has five days power reserve. The Tudor is a great value (relatively) watch and I think price wise they compare positively in that comparison to almost all watches.

Yup, saw that. It is a beauty for sure.

Master
    I like how Oris allow you to select a particular number as well. I guess you can choose to buy direct and have this option or use an AD and get four or five years interest free. I might have to sell my Speedmaster if I go for one ! decisions decisions. One thing I guess for sure, is this cannot be a flip watch as I do not think it will keep money that well.

I have to echo others’ views. Nice looking watch but...

£3.3k for a divers sixty five on a cloth strap is silly. Particularly given that you can get the bico, new, for less than half of that on a bracelet. I know the movement is a substantial upgrade but when Tudor introduced their in-house replacements they didn’t double the price of their watches.

Never mind bb58, that’s pelagos money. You might even find a sea master co-axial for that price. Different style of dive watch, I know, but the discrepancy is quite apparent

Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    I have to echo others’ views. Nice looking watch but...

£3.3k for a divers sixty five on a cloth strap is silly. Particularly given that you can get the bico, new, for less than half of that on a bracelet. I know the movement is a substantial upgrade but when Tudor introduced their in-house replacements they didn’t double the price of their watches.

Never mind bb58, that’s pelagos money. You might even find a sea master co-axial for that price. Different style of dive watch, I know, but the discrepancy is quite apparent
    Or indeed that Yema bronze blue (cheaper, but also 'lesser' I'd imagine on the quality front).

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I like it, and if bronze stayed like that Id be interested in a bronze watch.
    I get very upset when they go gangrene though so not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I like it, and if bronze stayed like that Id be interested in a bronze watch.
    I get very upset when they go gangrene though so not for me.
    I think it's 'vervigris'

Master
    Forgot 2000 pieces limited edition, think they will struggle to sell 10 of these at $4200 each. Also when these patina they look like the underside of a drain.

A new limited edition Oris - looks good to me

Sellita movement?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Sellita movement?
    Don’t think so, it is their new in house movement

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    Don’t think so, it is their new in house movement
    That always means a minimum price hike of at least £1.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by ac11111 View Post
    Forgot 2000 pieces limited edition, think they will struggle to sell 10 of these at $4200 each. Also when these patina they look like the underside of a drain.
    White vinegar and a soft tooth brush are your friend - as good as new in no time at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    White vinegar and a soft tooth brush are your friend - as good as new in no time at all.
    Yes having just acquired a bronze Christopher Ward and done exactly that they come up beautiful with a bit of effort in less than 5 minutes, I should have taken a before shot I only have the after!

Their new 5 day movement can be had in an Aquis with better water resistance. Cheaper too but not limited edition.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by aldfort View Post
    Their new 5 day movement can be had in an Aquis with better water resistance. Cheaper too but not limited edition.

That is true and you can get that one on discount:

https://www.marketcrossjewellers.com...s50877?cid=GBP

I still really like the bronze, but will wait and see on it.

Master
    It’s a great looking Aquis too

Master
    Oris are releasing some pretty pricey watches lately. The watches I am sure are great but I feel the brand image is lagging behind their aspiration. Over 3k for a watch I personally am not shopping for an oris.

I think this is a nice looking watch.
    But.....
    This is their third Brashear LE watch. The last one was 2000 units, this is the same.
    That's not an LE, it is a range.
    A great man Brashear was, but 3 LEs?
    Why can't Oris be honest and just call it the Brashear range.

Also, it is too much.
    Jura still have new stock of the last Brashear LE, from 3 years back, because it was also too expensive (at the same price). There are still 28 for sale on chrono24.

Hanhart just did an LE chrono in Bronze, only 150 of them, about £1600. Released end of 2020
    The Oris Brashear chrono from 2018 was £3600 and there are 2000 of them.

This is the same.

Nice, but too many to be an LE, and too much for what it is.

Dave

Edit - I have just discovered the Oris 01 733 7707 4055-07 5 20 45, which is a steel Oris 65 in Bucherer blue with the date at 6. It looks ace, and I can get that from a dealer in Italy for just over £1100 - so this really is too much.
    Last edited by sweets; 19th January 2021 at 23:58. Reason: add a ps

I prefer the earlier model with less writing on the dial. Also limited I think

DON

Craftsman
    I also prefer the simpler earlier version.
    The '5 days' on the subsecond dial makes it look like it's a power reserve.

Master
    The subsecond and everything around it looks terrible.

I’m not a fan of the model, but the movement Oris calibre 400 is interesting, 10 warranty, 120hr twin barrel, and better than the old COSC standard
    It's just a matter of time...

It’s great to see them using the new movement and I’m looking forward to what else they put it into. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a 5 day version of the bigger Cal.111 I used to have, dress style as opposed to pilot. It just wore a bit big but would look great at 40mm

Dislike bronze watches and ‘celebrity’ tie-ins

Love the look of this - the blue and bronze colour work well together. But like previous posts mentioned I just don't really get bronze watches... It does "patina" a lot and differently.. but it gets to such a state that extreme measures have to be used to restore them (Although it can be done) :P

I think some light soaking in a fe2 things can bring back the original look, or close to it, without getting too extreme.
    It's just a matter of time...

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    Love the look of this - the blue and bronze colour work well together. But like previous posts mentioned I just don't really get bronze watches... It does "patina" a lot and differently.. but it gets to such a state that extreme measures have to be used to restore them (Although it can be done) :P
    Most people like patina and that is the main charm of bronze
    Restoration is a two min job BOE and doesn’t require any extreme measures

What do we think the likely hood is Oris introduce the new movement in the now discontinued numeral edition? Or do we think only the applied indices will receive this?

Holding off buying the older style currently

Quote Originally Posted by McBeardy View Post
    What do we think the likely hood is Oris introduce the new movement in the now discontinued numeral edition? Or do we think only the applied indices will receive this?

Holding off buying the older style currently
    I’d say that’s relatively unlikely in the short term. It didn’t make sense for them to have two watches called divers sixty five with such different dials. Particularly once they brought out the applied marker-dial in 40mm.

It will probably come back at some stage as an LE, depends how long you’re prepared to wait, I guess.

Just my opinion...