closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying from Japan on Chrono24

Master

Buying from Japan on Chrono24

Has anyone done this and what fees and or duty did you have to pay for the privilege?

Am I right in saying that you don’t actually pay for the watch directly until you are in receipt of the watch thus there is a possibility of no fees? I’m probably wrong but thought I’d ask.

As a back up, I have a family member in Tokyo who I dare say could receive it for me and kindly bring it over when feasible.

I bought one from Honk Kong before Christmas. You pay in full, but it is put in an escrow account until you receive the watch. I'm still waiting with current delays at present. Once you have the watch you confirm receipt and then agree for the money to be released to the seller - so no risk.

Expect to pay 20% VAT and £12 couriers fees, but a few parcels have gone through without charges being raised of late, but you cannot guarantee that so factor the 20% in.

Master
    Thank you for that. However, the duty would be import duty rather than VAT? I was under the impression that second-hand items did not attract VAT.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Thank you for that. However, the duty would be import duty rather than VAT? I was under the impression that second-hand items did not attract VAT.
    There's, effectively, no duty on a single watch import. However, VAT is payable (at 20%) whether the item is new or used.

Agreed. No import duties as such, just 20% VAT on the declared value. New or used makes no difference.