closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conor McGregor’s new watch

Craftsman

Conor McGregor’s new watch

The internet can be a brutal and hilarious place!

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2021/01/18...ovrtU3xT2WVr5g

Master
    It looks like something that's come out of an oversized Christmas cracker. Amazing.

Not my thing at all and not a fan of McGregor at all but 99% of it is just jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Not my thing at all and not a fan of McGregor at all but 99% of it is just jealousy.

Don't be silly, he has no reason to be jealous of us.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Really don't think it's anywhere near that high. It's just a sh*t looking piece of over expensive jewellery bought solely to demonstrate wealth. Such things deserve to be mocked, a lot.

If he's that loaded maybe he could afford to get a tailor who can make him a longer pair of trousers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    Don’t you think he should be jealous of our ‘superior, classier and more informed’ taste in watches and the advice we can give him on watches and and judgement on how to spend his money?:-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
    Don’t you think he should be jealous of our ‘superior, classier and more informed’ taste in watches and the advice we can give him on watches and and judgement on how to spend his money?:-)

I don't see the fuss - if you were a millionaire why would you worry what the little people think or want to wear the same watch as Nigel who has a Speedmaster on five year credit?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Really don't think it's anywhere near that high. It's just a sh*t looking piece of over expensive jewellery bought solely to demonstrate wealth. Such things deserve to be mocked, a lot.
    Have to agree. Not jealous of his wealth in the slightest.. I'm sure he's earned it. But honestly that looks like a Christmas decoration on his wrist. Utter tosh. I could think of a thousand better ways to waste a million quid.

Crass
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Have to agree. Not jealous of his wealth in the slightest.. I'm sure he's earned it. But honestly that looks like a Christmas decoration on his wrist. Utter tosh. I could think of a thousand better ways to waste a million quid.
    My thoughts exactly. What a waste of money. It's his business to spend his money however he likes but that watch hardly seems like a good purchase.

I have one of these. I’m not connecting with it like I thought I would. Would be willing to swap it for a small island.

On a serious note, doesn’t producer Michael have one of these too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I wonder what Elon musk wears?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post

Usually doesn’t though he has been seen with a Tag that was made in collaboration with the Space X program.

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post

I’m surprised he hasn’t made a TESLA smart watch yet. I’m sure we will see one soon enough though.

Master
    I get why someone would want a fancy watch and gold/diamonds as a symbol of wealth but it’s not even functional as a watch which is it’s primary function, it’s illegible surely.. I wonder what the design brief was!

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I get why someone would want a fancy watch and gold/diamonds as a symbol of wealth but it’s not even functional as a watch which is it’s primary function, it’s illegible surely.. I wonder what the design brief was!

Agreed, a logical thought process from McGregor but terribly executed.

That said, he seems happy with it based on the way he’s prancing around in that clip. Each to their own, I guess.

Watch aside, he’s still a plonker.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Prefer the Astronomia Sky Tourbillon.

Banned
    Not exactly a Seamaster 165.024 is it.

I assume he’s another ‘celebrity’ who is ‘into’ watches by virtue of being able to buy whatever he likes. I have no idea why the watch press pay these people any attention.

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    ... I have no idea why the watch press pay these people any attention.
    Indeed, or watch forums. Onto more important matters, his tailor needs an eye test, half mast trouser went out decades ago.

Master
    I bet he didn’t pay anywhere near a million for that watch. To be honest, there’s a fair chance it was given to him. Pretty good advertising!

Master
    People are so unfair, it looks much better in the context of the whole outfit:

Forget about the alleged cost, or who's wearing it - why was it even made?
    F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    I bet he didn’t pay anywhere near a million for that watch. To be honest, there’s a fair chance it was given to him. Pretty good advertising!
    Very possible. Still though I be terrified to even pick it up never mind wear a watch worth a million quid.

Give me 20 watches worth 50k each instead!!!

I was reading at the weekend, McGregor is set to make $20m next weekend in his next UFC fight. Little wonder he drops Ł1m on this abomination.

McGregor, meanwhile, has a disclosed purse of $5m plus a share of the PPV. The Irishman’s share will no doubt be much greater than his opponent’s and it is thought that it could bolster his overall earnings for the fight to around $20m.

McGregor is such a jughead! He was choked into tapping to Khabib but now claims Khabib is afraid to fight him. He's just a disgusting excuse for a person.

That watch? I wouldn't wear it even in the privacy of my bedroom...it's ghastly!

Master
    So - when you see it up close, albeit I think this is a render - you can start to appreciate the design, and the construction. It does look better in white metal. As an ornamental desktop clock, or a museum piece, I'm sure I'd admire it.

https://www.jacobandco.com/timepiece...guette-diamond

Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    So - when you see it up close, albeit I think this is a render - you can start to appreciate the design, and the construction. It does look better in white metal. As an ornamental desktop clock, or a museum piece, I'm sure I'd admire it.

https://www.jacobandco.com/timepiece...guette-diamond
    I agree, Producer Michael has a couple and his, w/o the diamonds, look far nicer. Fantastic pieces of art.

Master
    He may have one hit too many to the head to go for that, I wonder what the mark up on those are?

Master
    Not for me; I am not a fan of watches with Roman numerals onboard.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Why is he dressed like Max Wall?
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Indeed, or watch forums. Onto more important matters, his tailor needs an eye test, half mast trouser went out decades ago.
    They are the latest fashion apparently, but that watch is plain awful🙄

Can someone explain how the watch, and his tattoo for that matter, move from his left wrist to his right? Or am I missing something?

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post
    Can someone explain how the watch, and his tattoo for that matter, move from his left wrist to his right? Or am I missing something?

Gary
    Missing the mirror maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Missing the mirror maybe?

It must be a Monday. I never could get the hang of Mondays...

At the start, he sitting down with the watch on his left wrist and his phone is in his right hand. He stands up, puts his sunglasses on with his left hand, walks across to the mirror and all of a sudden, the watch is on his right wrist and he’s holding the phone in his left hand.

what am I missing? I’ve only had half a Tizer!

Conor McGregor’s new watch

Look at your watch/wrist in a mirror.

There must be a point where it stops being a watch and now it is something else.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    There must be a point where it stops being a watch and now it is something else.
    This is exactly the point, I very much doubt that anyone would use this or similar to tell the time.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Ive seen the Astronomia Tourb minus the diamonds through work and it was a mindblowing piece of workmanship. Might not be to everyones taste but I couldn't fault it.
    Its a great thing to watch and if you can afford it, then why not?

Craftsman
    This is what happens when you:

a) have too much spare cash and...
    b) get punched in the face for a living

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

Ive seen the Astronomia Tourb minus the diamonds through work and it was a mindblowing piece of workmanship. Might not be to everyones taste but I couldn't fault it.
    Its a great thing to watch and if you can afford it, then why not?
    I agree - nothing quite like it is being offered by any other watchmaker. Although it looks crazy on the wrist (from youtube videos I've watched), I'd imagine one could just sit there and stare at it on a watch winder while admiring the thing.

Master
    Possible tax write off ? If it's put through his corporate identity rather than personal? Part of his wardrobe allowance ?

I honestly can't think of any other reason to have this thing .

reminds me of an ex-boss who insists he is a captain of industry even though he was born rich and his company has barely made any profit in 20 years .
    He's got plenty of Ferraris even though 3/4 of his empire comes from places run on little better than slave labour conditions in Asia.

Zero taste surprisingly enough ; practically worships Coldplay too.

Blog Entries
    I think he's got some kind of Tony Montana affectation clearly.

Master
    OK - I did mock it earlier but seeing some quality photo's of it does make you appreciate the workmanship that bit more. I still wouldn't spend a million quid on it but it really is quite an amazing thing from a watchmaking perspective.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    OK - I did mock it earlier but seeing some quality photo's of it does make you appreciate the workmanship that bit more. I still wouldn't spend a million quid on it but it really is quite an amazing thing from a watchmaking perspective.
    Yes but can it take a knock ? Will it survive a shower ? It looks so delicate from the intricacy. It's more an adornment or museum piece than a daily wearer . He definitely straps on a f91w behind the scenes.

Does that thing even tell the time? Looks like one of those snow globe things.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think its probably more of a Ł450k watch.. and it was 3pm ish on mcgregors.

Craftsman
    I don't get Jarcob & Co watches like this, I see them as mechanical toys with a watch slapped on. Just not for me I guess, even if I did have the money.

Its not my cup of tea but to have half the solar system represented in a watch in 3D is quite cool.

How do you comet to buying something like this? Was it an impulse buy or did he planet?
    Only joking I am not being Sirius, I will shuttle up...